Cover Story Now in Stores

Thinking

I took a ride on the trolley alone. I needed time to think about what I was getting myself into. I laid my head against the metal railing and sighed. What was I doing, trying to trust the man that broke my heart twice, once it not really even being remotely my fault?

I was trying to convince myself that I still loved him. That I was still in love with him. But did I need to convince myself? Yesterday ended perfectly. After our emotional brunch, we chased each other on the beach and waited until the sun had set to go back to the hotel.

I rode the trolley in a complete circle before getting off again, and heading into the hotel. I nodded at the man behind the counter and walked into the elevator, pushing the button for my floor. I was going to try and stop thinking and over thinking this vacation. All I wanted to do was feel love and wanting.

"Hey Pete," I called. He was sitting by the window with the curtain open, starring out at the ocean. He turned and smiled, and I walked over to him and sat on his lap.

"Figure anything out?" he asked. I sighed.

"Just that I'm going to try not to think about the past this week. I want to move on already," I answered. He slightly smiled.

"Okay then, where do we start?" he asked. I gave him a quizzical look. "I mean with the moving on," he elaborated. I nodded.

"I don't know. I-I really don't-" I was cut off by his lips. Oh, they felt so right on mine. Fuck convincing myself that I still loved him, I knew right then that I was head-over-heels love with Pete Wentz, no matter what came between us, or what drove us apart.

"Pete, I-"

"You don't have to say-"

"I love you."