Cover Story Now in Stores

Butterflies

I woke up with his arms around me. His tan-ish skin mixed with mine, and we looked almost natural together. This vacation seemed to be too good to be true. But I didn't care, it meant the world to me. More improtantly, it meant the world to Pete.

Somehow, this is what I wanted. Still, after everything that's happened since I met Pete Wentz, it's what I want. It's what we both want. I think. I hope.

I never remember him sleeping like this. With his insomnia and such, he never really slept much, and usually he was up before me. But I was happy and content with watching him breathe evenly. But then I though, how did this happen? Two weeks ago, I was so confused. I loved Pete, but I hated him for what he did, too. Now, I can't ever remember feeling like that, and I felt whole again.

This whole...situation reminded me of the day when I rememberd everything, after the accident. And I thought we were in love then!

I started feeling kisses move up from my stomach, and was pulled out of my little reminicsing attack. I smiled at Pete's haed popped out of the blankets. He smiled, too, and moved up far enough to kiss my lips. It was so awesome to be able to kiss him again, like this.

"I'm so glad to have you back in my arms," he said quietly to me. I smiled.

"I'm beyond glad to be back in your arms, Pete."

He smiled so wide, it almost looked like his smile might crack. But his lips were then connected to mine again. Those damned butterflies always find their way back to the pit of my stomach when he does that. This is what I'd been missing for so long.

"Where are we going after this?" I asked. I was happy that we were together again, but confused on what was going to happen when we got back to L.A. Pete sighed.

"I was hoping where we left off. Before the baby, and all. Where we lived in the same house and slept in the same bed, shared the same bathroom, the same kitchen table, you know?" he asked. I sighed, too. But then I nodded, knowing tha I wanted exactly that.

"That's what I was hoping you'd say," I said. He smiled and kissed me again. "I know I've asked this before, but now I really want to know what I did to deserve you and all you've done for me, to me! It all seems too good to be true," he told me. I shrugged.

"I really don't know. But I really want to know what it is about the way you....do things, things that I like, to me that makes me feel like this," I replied. He smiled slightly at me.

"You get them too?" he asked. I looked at him quizzically. "The butterflies?" he asked. My eyes widened as I nodded.

"Every time," I told him. He kissed me again, and sure enough, those freaking butterflies were moving around frantically in my stomach. They felt so right. I realized, everything about us felt right.

"Me too," he said.