Cover Story Now in Stores

Song In My Heart

"So, how did the vacation go?" Dev asked. Pete had, surprisingly fallen asleep as soon as we got home, so Dev and I went to walk around L.A.

"Good, I think. We're, uh, obviously back together, so, really good," I answered. She looked at me for a second.

"You don't sound sure about that," she pointed. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I-I still love him, Dev, I just......I don't know if I rushed back into the relationship or not. I mean, one week I can't even think straight enough to talk to him, and last week, I couldn't keep my hands off of him!" I said back. She smiled a little at me.

"I understand. I think. And I think that you've been through enough to make your own decisions. But, um, this time, make sure he doesn't hurt you, or I might just have to rip his balls off with my bare hands," she said. I giggeld. Because I know she meant it.

"So, how are things with you and Jeremy?" I asked. She sighed.

"Good, I think. It's just...it gets harder ever tour. He's always away with Paramore, and I'm always on tour with you guys, no offence," she said. I grabbed her into a hug.

"Well, whatever you do, don't let him hurt you. I'd try calling him more," I told her. She nodded and wrapped her arms around me. "This is why we're best friends," I said. She nodded again.

"Always has been," she said. I smiled.

"Always will be," I said. We let go of each other and started walking down the side walk again.

"Do you plan on picking songs for the new album?" she asked. I sighed, because I hadn't really thought about that.

"I guess. Nothing's really come to mind, though," I answered. She nodded. Seriously, the only thing I'd done lately that had to do with FIF was the tour, and even then I had a hard time picking the right songs for a new cd. Everything in my life was so overwhelming.

"Well, I better let you get home and brainstorm. I have a certain boyfriend to call anyway," she said. I smiled and nodded, giving her a quick hug before hailing a cab.

She headed down the road to her hotel and I rode the cab home, then headed upstairs to check on Pete, who miraculously, was still sound asleep. Songs.....huh, songs. They used to come so...so fluently, like they were part of me until they were a part of the album. Now......

I picked up a pad of paper and thought hard. Manniqin-Katy Perry. Topeka-Ludo. My Hero-Foo Fighters. Secret Valentine-We The Kings. That Green Gentalman-Panic At The Disco. That's six.

Hemingway jumped up on the couch with me and I smiled, petting his head gently. He licked my hand then laid his head on my lap, and I continued to pet him. I really missed this little pup. I missed everything about this house. The doggy igloo in the back yard, the artwork on the walls, the platinum and gold Fall Out Boy records that hung everywhere.

Pictures Of You-The Last Goodnight. Seven. Falling Down-Atreyu. Eight. Harder To Breathe-Maroon 5. Nine. I sighed and put the paper down, paying attention to keeping Hemingway company. I looked down at his puppy face, and it read what I was feeling. I missed you.