Cover Story Now in Stores

Dresses

"Here's my problem: there are three of you and one spot as maid of honor!" I said. Hayley, Dev, and Autumn all sat around the table with me.

"So? One of us'll just get a different dress and walk down the aisle first. Big deal," Haylz said. Sure, she was the only one that got to be relaxed in this situation! "Either way, we're all just glad to be in the wedding party." I sighed and nodded.

"But I don't know which one of you should be the MOH," I said. Even if the three of them were fine with what I decided, I still don't know what to decide! Autumn sighed and shifted in her chair.

"I nominate Dev for the job," she said. I waited for her reasoning. "You've known her almost all your life, Paige. You two moved to Wisconsin together, formed our group together, started the band together, fell in love together....everything! I only came into the picture long enough for the majority of that, not all of it."

"Yeah, and I've only been here long enoug for.......well, none of that, but I can tell you that Dev is your best friend. She deserves MOH. I don't know if anyone ever told you, but back after the accident, Dev stayed in the hospital room with you every day. Other than Pete, she was the only one that never moved from your side. Then after the baby news, she was the first one of us out to L.A. from across the country to keep you company, of corse shortly followed by Matty," Hayley said.

I sighed again, nodding in agreement, while Dev, on the other hand, was smiling like an ego-bloated fool. "They're right, Devy. And in that case, I now have a maid of honor! Next issue," I said moving on. If Dev's ego got any bigger, the room would explode around us.

There was a knock on the door just then. Pete walked in without warning, a short, young woman behind him. "Paige, I hope you don't plan on going shopping for dresses," he told me. I lifted one eye brow in question. What was he up to now? "This is Bridget. She's one of the head designers at Clandestine, and she's here to make you custome dresses!" he smiled, walking back out of the room.

I smiled at Bridget, trying to make her introduce herself or something! "I'm Paige, the bride-to-be," I said. She smiled and nodded, putting her books and pencil on the table.

"I'm obviously here to create dream dresses. Tell me what you want, Paigey," she said, calling me my nickname probably out of friendliness. I smiled at her, then at my brides maids, then back at Bridget. Her short, choppy hair was multiple shades of dark pinks and purples, and her professional black shirt and jeans told me she was all buisness. The door burst open again, only to have Iesha join us, finally!

I guess I failed to mention how much of friends we'd become since the cd production. I smiled at her as she took a seat a gathered herself before turning to Bridget. "Where should we start........ I'm looking for a corset-top dress with a sort of...tu-tu bottom?" I told her. She turned her eyes to the ceiling and picked up her book, drawing a few things before showing me her sketch.

"Like this?" she asked. The dress she had drawn was pretty, but also kind of boring, all white. Although, it kind of looked like a blue-print of what I really wanted. I nodded.

"Yeah, but with a little bit of vine-and-rose print across parts of it, you know?" I asked. She nodded and brought her book back to her, drawing some more.

"Now about the maid's dresses?" she asked. I guess, since I'd be having more oppointments with Bee here, we'd work on everything little by littl. And now that I thought about it, I hadn't even begun to think of brides maids dresses! I'm so in deep shit here.

"Dev, at the end of the table," I said as Dev raised her hand, "is going to be my maid of honor, so she's going to get a whole different dress from the maids," I said, shortning words so my sentece would be a little shorter. It was now that I realized how odd this was; planning my wedding to the worlds most famous bassist. Was I ever going to get over that?

Bridget nodded, taking the hint that I had no idea what I was doing. "For her skin being so dark, I was thinking....maybe a yellow color? Maybe coral?" she asked. I looked down at Dev and imagined her in a yellow and/or coral dress.

"Yellow, deffinitly. Off the shoulder, mid-calf, and form-fitting." And suddenly, I knew what I wanted. But seriously, my wedding party might end up looking like a bunch of star-bursts. Bridget smiled, nodding, then turned to her book and drew down the dress.

Finally, things were taking off!

A while and three bags of peanut M&M's later, we called it a day. I had the basics of the dresses down, a few extra details, and some of the placement and size matters taken care of. I was so glad to finally have started planning for my wedding; settled in or not.