Fruits Basket

Akito's Hurt

It has been a few days since I had been here and I haven't checked in with Hatori-san or my sister. When everyone departed from the house one morning, it was just me and Shigure-san. He was in his office finishing some paper work as I walked in with some tea.

"Ah, is that for me,"

He asked.

"Sure. Have at it. It doesn't taste as good as the kind Tohru makes,"

I said handing it to him.

"Thank you,"

He said taking a sip. I looked around his rather small office and then leaned against the wall next to his desk.

"Let me ask you something,"

Shigure-san said putting down the cup.

"What do you want to know?"

"How do you put up with Akito-san?"

"I love her and live up to her expectations."

"Wouldn't that be hard? Her expectations are hard to meet, even for Kureno."

"Kureno will just be Akito's doll anyway. Besides, I am Akito's sister and she wouldn't disown me."

"She disowned me. Close family or not, she still does what ever she thinks can get rid of the threat to her. You could be a threat. Especially with Hatori-san."

"How do you know about me and Hatori,"

I said standing up straight and glaring at Shigure.

"Hm, one develops a sixth sense as a-"

"Cut the sensei crap Shigure."

"I won't tell him if that is what you are worried about. I never have any intention too. Even though it could get me back into the main house for telling her such highly prized information. You have my word Akita-san."

I calmed down and looked away from him. Then, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it,"

Shigure-san said as he got up and walked to the door. When he opened it, to our surprise, it was-

"Kureno-san. To what do we owe the pleasure of you making a personal appearance?"

Shigure said.

"I have news of Akito-san. May I come in?"

"Of course,"

Shigure-san said as he opened the door wider for Kureno and shut it after he walked in. When he did, Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo entered the room from the back way.

"Hello, Kure-"

Yuki-kun was silenced by Shigure.

"Akito has had an accident. Hatori-san requested you come back to stay with him until he becomes well again."

I nodded and looked at Shigure who had a hint of concern on his face and then I looked back at Kureno,

"What happened?"

"Hatori-san does not know yet. Akito can barely sit up without hurting. He also requested you to be there. Come, we need to go now then."

I nodded a goodbye to the other's and Shigure wished me luck, which I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but the other's said goodbye too, except for Kyo-kun.

When we arrived at the Sohma estates, and headed for the main house and towards Akito-san's room. Hatori was sitting by her bedside when we entered and I sat down on the bed next to my little sister who was barely awake.

"Akita,"

I heard her say weakly.

"I'm here Akito-san."

She weakly smiled at me and closed her eyes. I looked at Hatori-san,

"She needs to rest. I'll leave you to her."

Hatori-san said as he walked with Kureno out of the room. Through the night I stayed with Akito-san and it wasn't until morning, I felt her stir and then she sat up, awaking me as I sat at the foot of her bed with my knees tucked close to my chest with my arms around my face so I concealed myself in darkness. When Akito touched my shoulder, I lifted my head slowly and smiled,

"Akito-san. You're awake. How are you feeling?"

Akito stared at me as if she ached all over.

"What happened?"

I asked.

"I was attacked, by Haruhatsu."

"What?! Why,"

I asked protectively.

"He accused me of trying to hurt Rin. I didn't I swear,"

Akito-san answered. She started to lay back down and I put my hands on her back for support.

Hatori-san opened the sliding door and looked at Akito-san.

"I'll be back,"

I whispered to Akito as I got up and walked passed Hatori out of Akito-san's room.

"Where are you going?"

Hatori-san asked as he grabbed my arm to keep me from stepping any farther.

"I found out who hurt Akito, and I'm going to deal with them. Don't try and stop me because it is what Akito wants."

I answered shaking from his grasp and walking down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
These may be very little chapters, but it's small enough for me. I'll add more if I feel like it and more chapters will be added frequently so don't worry if there is too little info within them.