Fruits Basket

Alone Time

After a few days of staying with my sister, I had to leave and return to Shigure-san's. Akito didn't want me to leave, but I guess that's why I was called to her room.

"Akito-san, how dare you summon me," I said in a still calm tone as I looked down at my little sister as she sat on her pillow and stared out into the night that fell upon the backyard of her room.

"Do you enjoy torturing me," she asked almost like she had been crying.

"Akito, I am not torturing you. How could you think such a thing," I dared to ask.

"Because you all abandoned me," Akito yelled as she shot up from her place.

"I never abandoned you," I yelled back, "You think people abandon you just because they walk out of the room!"

Akito dropped to the floor and started to cry again, and being her sister, I couldn't help but pity her, again and again, falling for her act. Why noone could escape her dark grasp was beyond me. Why could I not escape it? I was strong enough to defy her, but not to break free of her emotional hold on me.

I bent down, kneeling before her, but she struck me, leaving deep scratch marks from her nails in my cheek and I fell backwards, as her maids rushed in and two tried to tend to my cheek. I stood up quickly as my eyes turned to glow black. I raised my hand to look like I would backhand her as her maids stepped back.

I growled as my hand shook slightly, as if deciding whether to lay force upon Akito-san, but my hand dropped to my side.

"You are not worth my time anymore," I growled walking out of her room and down the hall.

It was ten o' clock at night and I was wandering the halls only to run into Hatori-san.

"Akita-san," Hatori said acknolwedging my presence, "What brings you out to the halls this late at night?"

"Akito-san," I growled as I raised my head for him to see the marks she left on my cheek. Deep bloody nail marks, all four nails, that had managed to get to my skin.

"A-Akita, come. Let me tend to your wounds," he said before guiding me to his room where he sat me down on his bed and took out a first aid kit in his dresser drawer.

"Hold still," he said applying healing cream to my wounds.

It burned a little but once he was finished stitching them up, it felt fine.

"Where are you staying tonight," Hatori-san asked me as he sat down beside me on his bed.

"The estates, I would guess," I replied.

"I want you to stay here, with me tonight," Hatori-san, didn't offer, but ordered.

"I-I can't," I stuttered in a low voice.

"Yes, you can," he said taking my hand in his own, "Please Akita-san."

I clenched his hand tight, not wanting to let go, and leaned against his chest, letting slow tear drops fall from my own eyes. He held me for an hour as I poured my heart out. Being in his arms felt so right, but to Akito, it was just wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finished. Sorry for the mix up with the short and editing and short and editing story thingy I had going on there. Hope you enjoy!