Anything for Us

You like to drive me crazy.

Angel Lewis.

A name that everyone knew in Eleanor Roosevelt High School, New York.

A name that was whispered in admiration, yearning and jealously. Half-Italian, half-American, an Italian model mother and a father who works for American Vogue. Rolling in money, oozing good looks, natural charm, and towering above everybody at 6ft 7.

A boy that both genders desired, and a boy that both genders could have, providing they suited his taste.

He keeps himself to himself, socialising with only Dakota Rae, Yasmin Beaufort and Zach Collins, although he is never rude or unkind to anyone, preferring to talk only when necessary.

A star basketball player with a long career ahead of him, a true team player and loyal student of ERHS.

Angel was rumoured to have only joined the basketball team to ensure that his best (and flaming) friend Dakota Rae wouldn’t get bullied. For once, rumours are true.

Well, I should know. I am Angel Lewis.

People think they know me with all the ‘information’ spread out about me. They think the good-looking, rich, friendly, smart, charming student they see every day is who I really am. To a point, they are right. But there’s so much more than that. There’s so much more to me, there really is.

People don’t know that I would do anything for Dakota Michael Rae. My best friend. I’d do anything and everything. I’d go to the end of the Earth for him, if only he’d stop dropping his pants for every guy he lays eyes on and actually decides to get serious with me.

He’s a one stop shop, makes the panties drop, he’s a sweet talking sugar-coated candy man…

Huh. Speak of the devil…

“Yeah, Kota?” I asked, teasing my hair in the reflection of my mirror.

“You were supposed to pick me and Hendrix up 10 minutes ago, Angel cakes,” Dakota scolded.

This is one of the many times I hate my mom’s Italian background and the ridiculous name she gave me. And one of the many times I’ll wonder why Dakota’s mom had the same penchant for strange names.

“And you were supposed to never call me that again. Good morning to you too,” I chuckled, grabbing my wallet from my dresser.

“Where are you?” Dakota asked.

“Just heading downstairs now. Your mom really needs to get her car fixed,” I mused.

“She also needs to figure out how to drive with a driving ban,” Dakota giggled.

I smirked. “That too,”

“Are you in your dad’s car yet?” Dakota asked impatiently.

“Nuh uh, Scott’s driving me today. Said he’ll drive me every day if I want,” I replied.

“Your dad’s super hot boyfriend?” Dakota squealed.

“He’s not super hot, you pervert,” I muttered.

“You’re just jealous that he can pull off maroon and you can’t,” Dakota retorted.

“Whatever. I’ve got to go. See you in 10 minutes,” I scoffed.

“Love you too!” Dakota trilled, before hanging up.

I rolled my eyes but smiled slightly. If there’s someone I can’t live without, it’s Dakota. We’ve been best friends since birth and I’ve been in love with him for as long as I can remember. I always thought he felt the same until he started riding anything with a dick. I don’t want to be just another fuck to him, so I refuse to have sex with him. We fool around with handjobs and blowjobs occasionally when I’m drunk, and kiss a little more than that, but never anything more. It can never be anything more until Dakota wants to be serious.

And everyone knows that’s never going to happen.

“Angel! Are you ready yet?”

Scott, my dad’s newest boyfriend. I resisted the urge to scowl. Don’t get me wrong, I’m used to the idea of my dad being gay, trust me. He’s been having ‘work associates’ over since my parents divorce and since my mom took off back to Italy with my twin when I was 14, but he’s moved in this particular boyfriend just this summer. Scott Richards, local news reporter, 5 years younger than my dad at 30. Scott is an alright guy, but it just seems like he’s trying to hard. Like, way too hard. Then again, I’m not going to turn down free lifts to school if he’s offering to get on my good side.

“Yeah, coming!” I called back.

I grabbed my rucksack and checked my reflection once more in the mirror (perfectly messy curls, tight black jeans but not too tight, and one of my many ERHS basketball hoodies) before heading downstairs. Scott chucked me a granola bar as I slipped my new black Vans on, and I nodded my thanks.

“We need to pick up Dakota and his little brother on the way,” I told him, heading to the Jaguar that my dad bought him.

“Sure thing,” Scott said cheerfully.

Of course he’d agree. Oh well, at least Dakota and Hendrix can get free rides too.

Half an hour later, we were pulling up outside school. A few kids stared at the car, but I’m used to that. They should really learn by now that my dad likes to flaunt his money. I’d personally prefer a GTO Pontiac Firebird, but that’s just me.

“What time do you need to be picked up at?” Scott asked as we got out.

“We finish at 3, so whenever after that. Preferably before half past though,” I shrugged.

“That fits in with my afternoon schedule! Great!” Scott said enthusiastically.

I just forced a smile. He just tries too hard.

“Bye boys! Have a great first day back!” Scott beamed.

I watched him drive away and shook my head in amusement. I’m probably gonna get bad karma for this, but I don’t care. Like I said, I don’t care that he’s dating my dad. I just care that he can’t relax and act normal.

“Dude, you’re totally using him for his car!” Dakota gasped.

“If he didn’t want to do it, he wouldn’t,” I shrugged, grinning.

Dakota giggled, rolling his eyes.

“Did you get taller?” Dakota asked suddenly, looking me up and down.

I shrugged. I may be 6ft 7, but I have two uncles who are 7ft, so I’m probably still going to grow a bit more. I have a tall family on both sides, not going to lie.

“Maybe you’re just getting shorter,” I grinned.

Dakota’s only 5ft 6. While it suits his gymnastics and cheerleading (yes, he really is that flaming) to be that short, I tower over him so much it’s actually funny.

“Good things come in small packages!” Dakota defended.

“Better things come in bigger,” I retorted.

“Like your dick?” Dakota asked innocently, cupping the front of my jeans.

I rolled my eyes and pushed his hand away. I may be used to shooting down his sexual advances, but his little brother sure isn’t used to seeing them.

“So, are you excited for your first day of high school?” I asked Hendrix, noticing how quiet he was.

Hendrix is like a little brother to me, he really is. Completely adorable. Hendrix isn’t like his older half-brother. He’s closer to Dakota’s age than Dakota is to their oldest brother, but he’s nowhere near as confident, has a slight stammer and seems to be afraid of everything. While Dakota has chocolate brown hair and blue eyes, Hendrix has almost jet black hair and muddy brown eyes. And while Dakota has a natural tan, Hendrix is pale as snow. Dakota’s also drool-worthy beautiful, while Hendrix is baby brother cute. Very, very, different.

Dakota mentioned once how Hendrix looks up to me because I’m ‘super cool’ (bless him), so I always make sure to spend a little time making sure he’s okay. He’s going to have it tough enough as it is at Eleanor Roosevelt High School. Being the younger brother of the most openly gay kid in the school? It won’t be easy. Sure, I’ll be there to make sure anyone who bullies him won’t do it again, but I can’t be there all the time. I’ll protect him as best as I can though, I promise.

“Y-Yeah, I guess so,” Hendrix said with a weak smile.

“It’ll be okay, ‘Drix! You’ll make lots of friends because you’re awesome. Rae’s always make friends. And besides, once people know that ‘Angel Lewis’ is friends with you, no-one will want to get on your bad side,” Dakota reassured.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. I’m not that scary…okay, but people just don’t want me not to like them, okay?

“R-Really?” Hendrix asked.

“Sure, kid. You’ll be fine, don’t worry. Just relax and be yourself,” I said warmly.

Hendrix squeaked and hugged me, before running into school. I laughed as Dakota stared after him in outrage.

I’m his brother and I don’t get a hug?!” Dakota said incredulously.

“It’s because I’m more awesome than you,” I teased.

Dakota pouted, folding his arms over his chest, making me laugh.

“Will you stop sulking if I give you a piggy back into school?” I mused.

“Yay!” Dakota said happily.

I laughed again and crouched down. He definitely had lucky charms this morning. I told him not to eat so much sugar, but does he listen?

“Onward horsey!” Dakota shrieked.

Nope, he doesn’t listen at all.

“People are going to start thinking you have issues,” I commented, heading towards the front doors of ERHS.

“But everybody loves me, so they wouldn’t think that,” Dakota replied, grinning.

“No, everybody loves your dick,” I retorted playfully.

“They’d love your dick too if you let it out to play more than once a year. Maybe you should let me have a test run to see if it still works,” Dakota purred, running his tongue up my neck.

I promptly dropped him to the floor just as we got inside. Dakota whined and rubbed his ass as he stood up. At least he got my answer clearly enough. And my dick works perfectly fine, thank you.

“Kota!”

I looked down the corridor to see our friend Yasmin Beaufort running towards us. With red flowing hair and startling blue eyes, she’s one of the most beautiful girls in the school. She’s also Dakota’s closest friend after me, having met him on the cheerleading squad, and it was through her friendship with Dakota, therefore her friendship with me, that led her to meet –

“Sup, Angel,”

– her boyfriend Zach Collins, who’s been on the basketball team with me since we first started here. They’ve been dating since Freshman year. It’s quite cute really.

“Hey Zach. How’s it going?” I asked, doing a manly handshake with him.

“Not bad man, not bad. Saw Kota’s little brother running in so I knew you two wouldn’t be far behind,” Zach mused, running his hand through his messy light brown hair.

I just smiled. It’s true that where Dakota is, I’m not far behind, and vice versa.

“Ready to start Junior year?” Yasmin asked cheerfully, linking hands with Zach.

“Fuck yeah! This is totally a year for good dick, I can sense it,” Dakota sighed happily.

I rolled my eyes. Dakota may flirt with me all the time, but he also flirts with anything else with a pulse and a penis. It’s not fair. He constantly tells me how much he likes me and how beautiful I am, yet he can’t keep his legs crossed for 5 minutes? And he wonders why I don’t get naked for him at the snap of his fingers. I love him, but I have morals. I won’t be used like that.

“You say that every year and you still can’t get Angel to sleep with you,” Zach taunted.

“Zach! Baby, that was mean,” Yasmin scolded, although her eyes were playful.

“Yeah baby, that was mean,” Dakota mocked.

Zach narrowed his eyes at our short friend, making Dakota hold his hands up in surrender, and making Yasmin and I laugh.

“Maybe if you spend less time sucking dick and more time…”

“Ooh, he’s hot,” Dakota interrupted, his eyes fixated to my left.

I clenched my teeth at the interruption, especially one of this kind.

“Already, Kota?” I sighed.

“What? Gotta start our Junior year off with a bang,” Dakota winked.

I rolled my eyes as he squeezed my ass and walked away from us. Turning my body, I watched as Dakota strutted over to a cute blonde boy, and sighed. Another year, another first day of school with Dakota being slutty at the first chance he gets. Why can’t I catch a break?
♠ ♠ ♠
Angel Lewis, Dakota Rae
Hendrix Rae, Scott Richards
Yasmin Beaufort, Zach Collins

So the first chapter is up!
I thought I’d give you something to start you off while I write the remaining chapters for my current original slash.
It’s just a little teaser, an introduction into the characters.
Don’t worry, it’ll mostly be focussed around Angel and Dakota, not all the others.
I have so much planned for this and I can’t wait to get started when I finish Just Come Running!

Thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented already! I’d love to know what you think of the first chapter =]

JessicStar
revengefulvampire
pixie dusttt.
miss.sobriety
Rory The Roman
call me by your name
JonnyCraig
Wake!UP!DEaD!

xo