Anything for Us

You dealt us a deck of cards.

The start of the second week of January means one thing only – Rocco starts at Eleanor Roosevelt High School with me, Dakota, Yasmin and Zach. Yesterday he went in with Dad to register and to sort out his schedule to appropriate subjects, so all he has to do today was show up. I could tell he was nervous as Scott dropped the two of us, Angel and Hendrix off at the school gates, but he was fighting not to show it. Good. Just like a Lewis.

“Ready for your first day at school?” Hendrix asked softly.

“As ready as I’ll ever be, piccolo,” Rocco sighed.

Strangely enough, upon meeting Rocco a few days ago, Hendrix attached to him like he’s attached to me. Rocco didn’t seem to mind though, so I’m not complaining. It’s nice to see Hendrix looking up to someone else too.

Then I saw Hendrix’s confused pout, and I smiled slightly.

“He called you little one,” I translated with a teasing wink.

Hendrix blushed slightly. “I’m not little! I’m taller than Kota!”

Rocco laughed softly, and shrugged his shoulders in an apology.

“Cheer up bro, don’t want to make a bad impression on your first day,” I grinned.

“Yeah, because I’m going to be so welcomed with an attitude like mine,” Rocco scoffed.

“Well maybe if you smile every now and again to remind people that you don’t eat raw human flesh…” Dakota snickered.

Rocco mock-growled at my best friend, Dakota just smiling innocently back. Well, at least they’re communicating.

“Alright, break it up children. See you later, ‘Drix,” I said, rolling my eyes.

Hendrix smiled and waved as he walked off towards his homeroom.

“You’ll be fine, Rocco. You’re a Lewis,” I said simply.

“Whatever you say, Angel,” Rocco muttered.

*

Maybe I should’ve tried a little harder.

When I got to the canteen at lunch, Rocco wasn’t there. I didn’t have the previous lesson with him but I’d shown him where the canteen was in the morning…maybe he got lost?

“I’m going to find Rocco. Make sure Kota doesn’t eat my fries when he gets here,” I announced to Zach and Yasmin.

“Sure thing,” Zach nodded.

I smiled and left the room, walking down the corridor. Rocco can’t have got far, right?

It didn’t take me long to find him, but not in the way that I wanted to. He was leaning against the wall with his arms folded and a pissed off expression his face and there were three members of the hockey team standing in front of him. Really? Are they really trying to pick on my brother? They know better than that, especially after all the times I’ve stopped them picking on Dakota.

With a scowl, I walked over to them, clearing my throat to catch their attention. The three hockey players flinched slightly at the anger on my face. Rocco just looked amused.

“Are you really stupid enough to start on my brother?” I asked coldly, squaring my shoulders.

“Y-Your brother?” one of them squeaked.

“Yeah, my brother. His temper is worse than mine so I suggest you back off and don’t bother confronting him again, yeah? Or I'll change my mind about being nice,” I growled.

The three guys just looked at each other before running down the corridor. Rocco immediately burst into laughter.

“As much as I should be angry at you ‘defending’ me when I was handling those idiots, the looks on their faces were worth it,”

“You’re my brother. I’ve got your back,” I shrugged simply.

It’s true. I know he can handle himself, but I’m still going to look out for him.

“At least you didn’t make me look like a pansy,” Rocco shrugged.

I frowned at his word, making him roll his eyes.

“Fine. At least you didn’t make me look weak. Better?” he snorted.

“Much,” I nodded.

Rocco laughed softly again, the two of us starting to walk down the corridor.

“So what’s with them reacting like that to you? Are you King around here or something?” Rocco mused.

I just smirked; his eyes went wide.

“Holy shit, you are! Typical, my twin would be the bisexual basketball-playing King,” Rocco grumbled.

“Hey, there’s plenty of room for family. Besides, you don’t seem like the type to be ‘popular’ – more like, arty, creative dork,” I teased.

Yeah, surprisingly for his foul temper and ‘badboy’ looks (as he called them, not me), Rocco loves art and photography. Go figure.

“I’ll show you dork,” Rocco growled.

Before he could put me in a headlock, or something similar, Dakota walked around the corner, smiling when he saw us.

“I saw three members of the hockey team looking shit scared and mumbling can’t believe it’s his brother so I figured you’d be nearby. Making friends already, Rocco?” Dakota smirked.

“I could’ve taken them. Angel just felt like having some fun,” Rocco said simply.

“I know a much better way for him to have fun,” Dakota purred, looking me up and down appreciatively.

“Okay, not in front of me, yeah?” Rocco grimaced.

It hadn’t taken Dakota long after New Years’ Eve to figure out a different way to torture Rocco instead of plain out ignoring him – he could just act like his regular horny self and Rocco would feel squeamish. It probably wasn’t the best method, seeing as I’m trying to get Rocco used to homosexuality around him, but if it meant that Dakota would actually talk to Rocco, I’ll have to deal with it.

“Kota, stop being mean. Are gonna join us for lunch, or find someone else to eat?” I asked, tugging Dakota to my side with an arm round his shoulder.

“You, Angelcakes. It’s always you,” Dakota winked, sliding his arm around my waist.

Rocco rolled his eyes at Dakota’s flirting, only making me laugh.

“Come on, Rocco, let’s go to the canteen,” I smiled, nudging him with my hip.

Rocco nudged me back before we all started walking. Yeah, I think this will work out. If Rocco keeps his temper in check and Dakota keeps his hormones in check, this year will be just fine. What could go wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!
And the fun's just about to start :)
Having Rocco around is going to be interesting!

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please keep your feedback coming!

pixie dusttt.
TearsOfTheHeart7
Artistic Difference
JessicStar
BeautifullyTattooed
anna;
miss.sobriety
kew_atl
Sarcastically Blunt
wo0two0t789
Fear to Commit

xo