Anything for Us

And you folded a royal flush.

[Rocco]

I know I’ve been away from New York for nearly three years, but damn everyone’s gotten so heavily wrapped in denial. And by everyone, I mean Angel. He’s so consumed by Dakota – his love for Dakota, his friendship with Dakota, his lust for Dakota – that he won’t take a chance. And that just doesn’t fly with me.

And the fact that Dakota has no idea just how deep my brother’s feelings are after all their years as best friends astounds me, despite that I know Dakota would do anything to make Angel happy.

They can’t be this dense, really.

It’s about time that the Upper East Side had a good ol’ Italian shaking up.

First step; Knock some sense into Dakota.

Operation super-sneaky-help-my-twin-end-his-eternal-man-period is officially go.

“Oh, it’s you,” Dakota frowned, opening his front door.

Charming.

“Sorry to disappoint darling, but I’m not going to let you jump my bones either,” I smirked.

Dakota grimaced and let me into his house, making me laugh. His reaction to me and to Angel couldn’t be more different – another reason we need to have this talk today.

“Where’s Angel?” Dakota asked, sitting down on one of the plush leather sofas in the oversized living room.

“Shooting hoops with Scott,” I said simply, sitting down in the sofa opposite.

“How did you get over here then? I know you wouldn’t walk,” Dakota asked, confused.

I grinned. “I’m good at hotwiring cars,”

Dakota’s eyes immediately went wide. “You stole Scott’s car?!”

“Borrowed, sweetheart, borrowed. I’m intending to give it back,” I pointed out.

“Fuck, you couldn’t be more different from Angel,” Dakota huffed.

That brought me right back on track.

“Speaking of Angel…he doesn’t know I’m here. And I’d rather he didn’t,” I said firmly.

“Um, I don’t know whether to agree to that,” Dakota frowned.

Again, charming.

“Look, do you want my advice on how to get Angel or not?” I said, getting a little frustrated.

Dakota squeaked. Ah good, he’s listening.

“Y-You’re going to help me sleep with Angel?!” he spluttered.

Okay, maybe he’s not listening.

“You’re an idiot, you do know that right?” I scoffed.

“Hey!” Dakota protested.

“You really are,” I shrugged, “Because if you’ve convinced yourself that sleeping with him is all you want, then you’re more screwed than I thought,”

Dakota’s face scrunched in confusion for a few seconds, before it sprung back to surprise. Fuck, this is going to be a long process.

“Does Angel think I only want to sleep with him?” Dakota asked accusingly.

“Have you give him any other inclination? All you do and talk about is sex around him, of course that’s all he’s going to think,” I retorted, rolling my eyes.

Dakota chewed his bottom lip, his face washing over with sadness. Wow, he really is easy to read. Well, I hope my guesses are right anyway. I hope he feels just as deeply for my brother as my brother does for him, as I think he does, or this could all go wrong.

Dakota stayed silent for a few more seconds, so I did too.

“I love him. He’s Angel. How could I not?” Dakota eventually said softly.

My eyebrows shot up at his words. Okay, wow, that’s way more than I was expecting.

“Why don’t you ever show it?” I frowned.

“I thought I did,” Dakota said honestly.

“What, through getting insanely jealous at everyone who even talks to him, groping him at drunken parties and flirting with him constantly?” I scoffed.

Dakota winced. “When you put it like that…”

I sighed, running my hand over my short hair.

“Look, I want to help you. Not because I like you - because I don't - or because I’m trying to get one over on my brother - because I don't need to come to you for that - but because I honestly think you could make him happy if you get your head out your ass,” I said seriously.

“I still don’t trust you. You’ve been nothing but an jerk to me since you got back. Hell, even before you left you were an jerk to me,” Dakota said, narrowing his eyes.

That’s before I knew how much my brother loves you.

But I can’t say that.

“Whatever, Dakota. If you love him as much as you say you love him, then you should be willing to do whatever it takes,” I shrugged.

“What has Angel said to you?” Dakota asked suddenly, and sharply.

“Nothing,” I lied smoothly, “I’ve just noticed some things about you that I want to take care of, and I want to make him happy in the long run,”

Dakota stared me down, before finally sighing and rubbing the back of his neck.

“I want him to take me seriously because I know he sure as hell doesn’t right now,” he mumbled.

Score. I knew his undying love for my brother would win out his dislike of me.

“And you’ll do what I say without ever mentioning my input?” I warned.

“As long as it isn’t illegal, cupcake,” Dakota said fake-sweetly.

“Then listen up, honey pie, because we’ve got a lot of work to do,” I replied in the same tone.

First step; Knock some sense into Dakota.

Second step; get Angel to believe it.


Shouldn’t be too hard right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Rocco, you sneaky bastard!
Will Dakota listen to him?
And will Rocco's super-sneaky-help-my-twin-end-his-eternal-man-period plan work?

Rocco's point of view was actually really fun to write - I might bring it back again in future chapters! What do you guys think?

Guess what guys - I've finished university! Submitted my final essays today! Now I just have to wait for results in June and Graduation in July! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter! I love your feedback :) keep it coming!

appley92 (lol I would if I could afford it! Never fear though, I will never delete it from here, so you can just read it over and over online instead!)
kew_atl
pixie dusttt.
Fascination.
Snowfall Melody
BeautifullyTattooed
JessicStar
Sarcastically Blunt (it was in Angel and Rocco's conversation - Dakota has know idea that Angel actually loves him)
ephedrine ruby
miss.sobriety

xo