Anything for Us

Admit it baby, don't you lie.

Third week of September. Friday. Last period of the day…and they give us World History? Are they fucking serious? I mean, at least give us an interesting teacher, but no, they have to give us 50 year old bitter spinster Miss Walberg, a woman who loves to make everyone’s lives just as miserable as hers. The only upside of this class is that I get to sit next to Dakota, with Yasmin and Zach sitting right behind us. But what a fucking boring class. This semester is American history. I’m not sure what next semester will be, but if Miss Walberg can’t make it at least 100 times more fun than she is now, there’s no way I’ll survive this subject.

“The American War of Independence is our topic for the next 3 classes. We will be learning all about…”

I zoned out as she continued to talk, hiding a yawn with my hand as I gazed around the class, noticing everyone was finding her speech just as uninspiring as I was. Including Dakota, who appeared to have fallen asleep next to me. Nice.

“…started in 1775 and ended when…Mr Rae?”

Still asleep. I stamped on Dakota’s foot and glanced at my textbook, smirking as Dakota jerked awake.

“W-What?” Dakota asked.

“Surely you were asleep in my class again, Mr Rae?” Miss Walberg asked.

“Of course not, I was just closing my eyes to envision your words,” Dakota said fake-sweetly, earning a few laughs.

“Then what’s the answer to my question?” she replied just as fake-sweetly.

I nudged him slightly, subtly handing him a note under the table.

“Um, let’s see…” Dakota fake-thought.

He opened the note in his hand and glanced down quickly.

“1783?” he offered, reading what I’d written.

Miss Walberg pursed her lips. Hah.

“Correct. Everyone pay more attention,” she said snottily, clearly not happy that she hadn’t caught Dakota out.

Dakota breathed a sigh of relief as she continued to talk, and squeezed my knee in thanks. I just smiled. At least he didn’t get detention. Again. As soon as the bell rang, signalling the end of class, Dakota leant over and kissed my cheek.

“Thanks babe, I don’t know what I’d do without you,” he sighed happily.

I couldn’t stop the blush that rose to my cheeks.

“I’ll see you after practice, okay?” I said softly.

“Sure,” Dakota grinned.

I didn’t take my eyes off his ass as he left the room, starting to pack away my bags when I heard giggles behind me, and groaned quietly. 3…2…1…

A kiss to my cheek.

“Thanks babe,” Yasmin trilled.

“I don’t know what I’d do without you,” Zach sighed mockingly, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

“Yeah, yeah, you’re just jealous that we’re more adorable than you, even when we’re not a couple,” I shot back, standing up with a roll of my eyes.

They both just laughed, the three of us heading out of the classroom.

“As much as I love Kota, I honestly can’t believe how clueless he is,” Zach mused.

“Not everyone would help him out in Walberg’s class,” Yasmin agreed.

“He’s knows I’d do anything for him, he just don’t understand to what extent,” I sighed, running a hand through my unruly curls.

“Maybe if you told him…” Yasmin said, trailing off innocently.

“You know my answer to that,” I said shortly.

“But…”

“Don’t you have cheerleading practice to get to?” I interrupted, raising an eyebrow.

Yasmin stuck her tongue out at me and pecked a kiss to Zach’s lips, before walking in the direction that Dakota had gone. Zach took one look at my weary expression before laughing again.

“Man, Dakota’s got you whipped and he doesn’t even know it,” Zach grinned.

“Yasmin’s got you just as whipped, dude,” I scoffed, the two of us heading down to the changing rooms.

“At least I get to call her exclusively mine,” Zach taunted.

I scowled. That was a low blow.

“Not if she found out about you secret obsession with Playboy,” I shot back.

“Yeah, yeah, she’s knows she’s the only girl for me,” Zach shrugged, not phased.

“If only I could say the same for Dakota,” I said with a weak smile.

Zach smiled apologetically and clapped me on the shoulder, before pushing open the changing room door. If only.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short one to show the light-hearted teasing friendship of Yasmin and Zach.
You'll find out more about Angel's parents' divorce in the next update...

This chapter is also short because I have such a bad cold that my nose won't stop running, my eyes won't stop watering and I can't hear out of my left ear (with my right ear not faring much better). So sorry if it's crap. Please stick with this story! I have so much planned, I promise.

Thank you to everyone who commented on the first chapter! Please let me know what you thought of this one =]

pixie dusttt.
miss.sobriety (x2)
crescendo.
BeautifullyTattooed
space is for stars.
JessicStar
Rory The Roman
Wake!UP!DEaD!
Sucks For You
Artistic Difference
rochelle
CeraRachel
Sarcastically Blunt

xo