Anything for Us

Trying to solve them.

[Rocco]

“Rocco? Uh, why are you calling me?” Zach asked confused.

“Believe me, I asked myself the same question,”

“…right,”

I sighed. Clearly my sarcastic and cynical nature will not work on this meathead. Moving on to phase two.

“I’m worried about Angel,”

“What do you mean?”

“Haven’t you noticed that he hasn’t seen anyone this Spring Break?” I spluttered.

“Well, I called him to see if he wanted to come and play basketball with me and the rest of the team, but he said he was busy,”

“He lied. Angel’s barely come out of his room, he just lies on his bed all day staring at the ceiling, occasionally bouncing a tennis ball against the wall and catching it again,” I told him.

It’s scary. It’s really fucking scary.

“Seriously?” Zach asked, clearly shocked.

“Dude, he’s like a freaking zombie,”

“Hasn’t Dakota been able to snap him out of his funk?” Zach asked.

I winced slightly.

“Dakota hasn’t spoken to him once, let alone come over,” I admitted.

Zach gasped. Yeah, I’m as surprised as Zach is. Especially with the way Dakota left our house. Especially with how obviously heartbroken Angel was. I don’t get that midget cheerleader, I really don’t. How the fuck could he leave Angel like this?

“Not once?” Zach echoed.

“Not once,” I nodded, “I’ve never seen him like this. It’s freaking me out. What am I supposed to do? We go back to school tomorrow – I don’t want him to have a break down when he sees Dakota,”

“Shit. I don’t know. I’ve never heard of him acting like this, let alone seen it. This isn’t like Angel. Dakota’s really messed him up this time,” Zach cursed.

“There’s got to be something we can do?” I groaned.

Seriously, there’s got to be something.

“I think I could talk some sense into him,” Zach eventually said.

“I’ve tried that already,” I sighed.

“Maybe, but I know him and Dakota inside out, and have done since they started this stupid on-and-off love battle thing. I might be able to wake him up,” Zach explained.

I sighed. Anything was worth a go, right?

“Sure, why not. I’ll leave the front door unlocked, just come over as soon as you can,” I grumbled.

“See you soon then,”

I ended the call and slumped back onto my bed. I swear, moving back here has only caused me a shit load of stupid drama, none of it to do with me. All I want is for Angel and Dakota to finally sort their shit out, because it’s really starting to affect everything, especially Angel’s mentality. Fuck.

~

A few hours later, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. Frowning, I got up from my desk and walked over to the door, opening it. Zach? When did he get here?

“I spoke to Angel,” he murmured.

Okay, that’s more important. I nodded and let him into my room, shutting my door behind me.

“Fuck, how much pot do you smoke?” Zach grimaced, opening a window as he coughed.

I scowled. That’s not important, is it?

“Can you stick to what you were talking about?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, yeah. Um, it took quite a while, but eventually I got Angel to talk about everything that’s going on with Kota. Turned into a bit of a rant really, but I think I persuaded him to talk to Dakota tomorrow,” Zach said.

My jaw dropped slightly, making Zach laugh.

“I know, I’m as surprised as you are. I think Angel really wants to sort things out once and for all though. Hopefully Dakota wants the same,”

“He fucking better, or I’ll kill that oompa loompa,” I grumbled.

“Whatever you say, freak. I’m out. See you tomorrow,” Zach snickered.

I rolled my eyes, shutting my door behind Zach as he left again. What a jock. If he’s seriously gotten Angel to agree to talk to Dakota, I’ll forgive him though. I really hope this works out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, the angst still isn't over yet...but chapter 28 is VERY important!
It may just be the once you guys were waiting for...

Thank you for all your feedback! Please keep it coming!

xo