Anything for Us

You just run away making the same mistakes

I stirred out of my sleep the next morning as I felt Dakota moving, waking up himself. He really does look so beautiful when he’s asleep. He made a few murmuring sounds, his hands running over my chest as his leg curled around mine, before his eyes snapped open.

“You’re really here. I wasn’t dreaming this!” he said excitedly, looking up at me.

“Surprise,” I laughed.

Dakota just squealed, peppering kisses to my chest, making me laugh even more.

“Ssh, you’ll wake your brothers!” I chuckled.

“Then you shouldn’t have snuck into my room in the middle of the night,” Dakota grinned.

I know that grin. That’s how Dakota grins when he’s got a dirty thought.

“Ever had a blowjob just after waking up?” Dakota asked innocently.

“Yes, from you after your 15th birthday,” I smirked.

Dakota thought about it before grinning a little more.

“I was still a little drunk then. I’m not drunk at all now,” Dakota reasoned.

I grinned back.

*

“Dakota, is something wrong?”

Well, I might as well be blunt with him, right? All day he’s been silent. Ever since we arrived at school, all he’s done is hold my hand and drift off into his thoughts. He barely ate anything at lunch, didn’t respond to any of my kisses, hardly spoke to anyone at all…I just don’t know what I’ve done wrong. This morning was so perfect. After he blew me, we ate breakfast with his brothers and Scott caught the bus over to drive us to school…and then it all went wrong. What’s wrong with Dakota?

“What do you mean?”

“You’ve been quiet all day, barely even looking at me…I was just worried that…”

I trailed off, not really wanting to say it. How could I say it? How could I even ask him this?

“Worried about what?” Dakota asked nervously.

“Worried that you don’t want to be with me now that you have me,” I murmured.

Dakota went stock still, hand squeezing mine as he froze. What?

“How could you ever think that?” Dakota whispered, eyes wide when he finally looked up at me.

“Can you really blame me with how you’ve been acting all day?” I said, smiling sadly.

“I never meant to make you think that, I swear,” Dakota said firmly, squeezing my hand again.

So maybe all isn’t lost?

“So you do still want to be with me?” I asked hopefully.

“Of course I do!” Dakota insisted.

“Then what’s been making you act like this all day?!” I exasperated.

Dakota blushed slightly, going quiet again. Great. What is it?

“I’ve been trying to think about how to ask you to junior prom all day, different scenarios, exciting things and…”

“Yes,” I interrupted.

Dakota blinked. “What?”

“Yes, I’ll go to prom with you,” I repeated, smiling.

Dakota inhaled sharply, a wide smile spreading across his lips.

“R-Really?”

“How could I go with anyone else?” I mused.

Dakota just squealed and wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face into my chest. I couldn’t help but laugh, hugging him back just as tightly. He really is adorable.

“Oh this is going to be so perfect, I just know it!” Dakota said happily.

“I’ll hold you to that,” I teased.

Prom. This should be interesting.