Anything for Us

This time around you'll learn to compromise.

I groaned as I headed out of the showers, rolling my sore shoulder muscles. Today at after-school basketball practice, we’d practiced our blocking and dribbling, resulting in a few nasty clashes with our point guard who was in a bad mood because his girlfriend broke up with him. Zach and I had both suffered bad collisions tonight (Zach, because he’s the power forward) because of this anger, and I was pissed. Our point guard apologised after, but that doesn’t make up for the fact that my shoulders are going to kill tonight.

“How was practice?”

I almost dropped the towel wrapped round my waist in shock. What the fuck is Dakota doing in here?! I know he was waiting for me after practice because he had a late running cheerleading practice with Yasmin, and my dad’s boyfriend will give him a ride home with us when this happens, but how did he get in here?! Zach saw my surprise and laughed.

“Kota was already here when I got out the shower, man. You know how stubborn he is, he wouldn’t leave,” Zach snickered.

“A little warning would’ve been nice,” I grumbled, readjusting my towel.

“Aww baby, don’t be shy,” Dakota grinned, his eyes travelling my body.

“Aww baby, don’t be a pervert,” I mocked, opening my locker.

A couple of the team around us laughed. They know what Dakota’s like, and they also know I’ll reject it. Until he changes. I managed to shimmy on my boxers before I dropped the towel, quickly pulling my t-shirt over my head before grabbing my jeans. Dakota pouted and settled with sitting down on the bench next to me, making me smile. At least he knows his boundaries. It didn’t take me long to get changed, and even less time to dry my ridiculously curly hair, and soon enough Dakota, Zach and I were heading into the parking lot. Yasmin was waiting by Zach’s car (He turned 17 right at the beginning of September so he has his permit) and I smiled as she pecked his lips in a kiss. So cute.

“See you guys tomorrow,” Yasmin nodded to us.

“Be careful with your shoulders!” Zach warned me, before they got into his car.

“There’s something wrong with your shoulders?” Dakota asked worriedly.

“Not really, they’re just a bit sore because Gates was a bit lethal during blocking practice,”

“Fucking point guard. Do you want me to give you a massage?” Dakota frowned.

For once, Dakota isn’t actually flirting. He actually gives amazing massages.

“Yeah, but not here,” I nodded.

I smiled slightly as I spotted Scott driving towards us. Good. I just want to get home.

“Why don’t you come over to mine for the night? I could give you a massage before we go to bed so you don’t sleep bad,” Dakota offered.

“You don’t mind?” I asked.

“Of course not, Angel, you’re my best friend, why would I mind?” Dakota smiled brightly.

Well it looks like my night is sorted then. Scott pulled up in front of us, smiling.

“You didn’t have to wait long, did you?” Scott asked as we got into the backseat.

“Nah, just finished really,” I replied, buckling my seatbelt.

“Oh good. Traffic from the office was a nightmare,” Scott sighed in relief.

“That’s, uh, too bad. I’m going to Dakota’s tonight so can you drop us both there?” I asked.

“Does your dad know?” Scott asked dubiously.

Will my dad notice? No. He’ll be too frustrated by work and then will take him frustration out through passionate sex with Scott – it’s happened every day since the beginning of summer, I should know.

“No, but I’m sure you can find an extra special way to tell him. And tonight, it doesn’t matter how loud you are because I won’t be there for you to wake up,” I said fake-sweetly.

Scott blushed deeply and Dakota giggled, so I just smiled triumphantly. It’s fun getting my own way with Scott while he’s still getting used to me. Soon enough, Scott had pulled up outside Dakota’s ridiculously big house. I mean, seriously, it’s a stupid size. His mom is barely ever there to use it!

“Thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said to Scott.

“Call me if you need me,” Scott smiled.

“Uh, sure,” I nodded.

Yeah, right.

Dakota and I headed up to the front door in silence, Dakota unlocking it before we both stepped inside.

“Hendrix, I’m back!” Dakota yelled.

“In my room! Go into the kitchen!” Hendrix yelled.

Dakota frowned, but did so, leaving me to take off my shoes. It’s only polite.

“Holy shit,” Dakota gasped, freezing in the doorway.

“What?” I frowned, walking over to him.

“It’s nice to see you too, little brother,”

Holy shit indeed. It seems that Dakota and Hendrix’s older half-brother, Joaquin, was home for the weekend. 6ft tall, jet black hair, tanned skin, dark intense eyes and stunning good looks, Joaquin Robert Rae was quite an intimidating man.

Dakota had explained their weird names to me once. Their mom, Corinne Rae, is a retired supermodel and now owns an elite model management company, as well as owning half of a clothing line, and she had always been a stunning, flirtatious woman. Joaquin’s father was a Chilean bartender that their mom Corinne had a affair from her first marriage with one holiday, and after divorcing her first husband and marrying Joaquin’s father, they chose a name from his Chilean heritage. That marriage lasted two years before Corinne got bored. When Joaquin was just over 5 years old, Corinne met a man named Courtney who was quite short apparently, and married him, naming their child a more commonly female name too (Dakota). That marriage lasted until a month after Dakota was born. A year and a half later, Corinne met a musician, got herself pregnant and therefore married him. That marriage only lasted 6 months after Hendrix was born (named after his father’s Jimi Hendrix obsession). They were brought up with the help of nannies and babysitters, rarely ever Corinne, and stuck to each other like glue.

The 22 year old didn’t visit home much due to working long hours, but he always made sure to call them each at least once a week. Sure, their age gaps were fairly big (6 years for Dakota and Joaquin, and 8 years for Hendrix and Joaquin) but they were extremely close nonetheless. It sometimes made me a little jealous because my own brother wasn’t around, but I sucked it up for Dakota. It was his time to be happy, and I’m not going to ruin that.

“Joaquin! Oh my gosh, why didn’t you let me know you were coming?” Dakota grinned, running towards his brother.

“Well I figured you’d be waiting for Angel after basketball practice, so I picked Hendrix up from school at normal time and brought him back home to wait,” Joaquin shrugged, hugging Dakota tightly.

Yeah, Joaquin knew my schedule as well as Dakota’s and Hendrix’s. Anything that was important to his little brothers, he knew all about – and that apparently included me.

“Drix knew too? Fuck, you’re sneaky bastards,” Dakota grumbled, but only playfully.

“We try,” Joaquin laughed, “Hi Angel,”

“Hey Joaquin. How are the restaurants?” I asked.

“Not too shabby, had a few well paying customers start to become regulars, so that’s always good. How’s basketball?” Joaquin smiled.

“I’m still the best centre in the whole fucking state,” I smirked.

Joaquin grinned and pumped his fist with mine. Yeah, Joaquin loves Basketball.

“The best fucking centre with sore shoulders,” Dakota muttered.

It’s sweet that he cares, really.

“I already said you could deal with them later,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Can I deal with anything else later?” Dakota asked, eyes flicking down to my crotch and then back up to my face innocently.

He has no shame.

“Nice try,” I said, deadpan.

“Still holding out on my little brother then?” Joaquin taunted.

“I thought you’d want me to stop Dakota’s sex rampage,” I said, raising an eyebrow.

“If it stops him whining about blue balls, no,” Joaquin smirked.

“Please, I think little Kota gets enough sex without worrying about me holding out,” I mused.

“You’d be surprised,” Joaquin snickered.

“Stop it!” Dakota whined.

“Or what? You’re going to go running to mom to tell on me? Oh wait, she’s not here. Again,” Joaquin scoffed.

“Don’t remind me,” Dakota muttered.

Joaquin angry expression faded a bit then. Yeah, it’s no secret that Joaquin and their mom Corinne don’t get on that well at all. For a start, Joaquin refused to go into something with the ‘elite’ (or whatever his mom decided to call the upper circle of society), and started up his own restaurant when he was 18, and building it into a chain of 4 restaurants over the past 4 years, managing each perfectly and making them the best chain of restaurants in Manhattan. Joaquin was rarely home and although his half-brothers tried not to make a big deal of it, they missed him. Dakota had come to me on many occasions for a hug while he cried, just because he missed Joaquin.

“Sorry, Kota,” Joaquin sighed.

“It’s okay. Um, Angel and I are gonna be upstairs, okay?” Dakota mumbled.

Mmhmm, the only thing that could ever make Dakota’s eternal happiness fade is the fact that his family wasn’t close.

“Sure thing. Um, is there anything in particular you guys want for dinner? I’ll cook?” Joaquin offered, trying to make peace.

I just shrugged. I’m not bothered – I’ll eat whatever Dakota does.

"Something with chicken?" Dakota suggested.

“Something with chicken it is then,” Joaquin smiled.

Dakota smiled weakly back as Joaquin pressed a kiss to the top of his head, before the two of us left for his bedroom. We didn’t talk until Dakota shut the door.

“I’m sorry for Joaquin. He probably just had another argument with mom,” Dakota sighed.

“Hey, you don’t have to apologise to me, okay?” I smiled, opening my arms.

Dakota immediately pressed against my body, hugging me tightly, so I hugged him back, rubbing his back to soothe him.

“You’re the best, Angel,” Dakota sighed happily, pulling away after a minute or two.

“You’re pretty damn special yourself, Kota. Now, homework or my massage before dinner?” I asked.

“Thinking about Algebra or seeing you half naked? Hmm, I wonder,” Dakota grinned.

Well at least he’s not too upset to seize an opportunity like that.

“You don’t ever stop, do you?” I mused.

“Nope,” he said cheerfully.

Three knocks on the door.

No nudity!” Joaquin called through the door.

Fuck you!” Dakota called back, only playing.

Joaquin laughed and banged once on the door to show he was serious, before leaving again.

“After dinner he’ll watch TV with Hendrix – he’ll be too distracted then?” I suggested.

Dakota just grinned and pinched my ass before grabbing his rucksack off the floor. I smiled and sat down on his bed next to him, pulling out my Chemistry book. I don’t care if I have to deal with Dakota’s sleazy comments – if they make him happy, then I’ll keep it that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Joaquin Rae
(pronounced WA-KEEN)

So you’ve met Dakota and Hendrix’s older half brother.
Quite a handful, isn't he? ^_^
But at least Dakota has Angel to make him happy!
The boys go to a Halloween party in the next update...

Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, and to all those who comment! Please keep it up, I love your feedback =]

BeautifullyTattooed
Caitlynnnn (nope, no contact at all between the twins!)
Rory The Roman
pixie dusttt.
miss.sobriety
poisongirl24
JessicStar
Artistic Difference
Mikey Whiskey Hands.

xo