Status: Completed on 2.16.13 with 15 Recommendations, 319 Readers, 75 Subscribers, and 41 Comments.

Just Making Things Harder

“That boy, I like him. Keep him around, okay?”

My mother was a classy lady. She always used her manners, never used curse words, never looked less that perfect, even at home. And when I say that, I mean, even around the house, she never wore anything less than her daily clothes. No pajamas, no comfortable clothes, always her uncomfortable, nice looking clothes. But then again, she was hardly ever home, I don’t know what she does when she’s out.

She also hardly ever approved of my friends. She liked Cameron, but only because he had been my friend so long and eventually got on her good side. But when I saw her glancing over Oli and his, well, less that classy state, I could see the distaste.

“Candice? Did you hear me?” She spoke again, and I realized she was asking a question.

As I went to reply, Oli beat me to it. “Olivuh Sykes, ma’am” He said, trying to make his accent sound as high class as possible. He extended his hand, which in any other case, my mom would have ignored and just left it hanging. She surprised me when she took a hold of it.

Oli bent down and slyly gave her a peck on the hand, making her smile. This was something I have never seen.

“Well Oliver, are you new in town? I’ve never seen Candice around you before” She commented, still maintaining a small smile.

“Kyle..” I corrected her, keeping my voice at only a whisper. She completely ignored me.

“Ah, yes ma’am. Moved ‘ere from Sheffield, England. Er, Candice here is one of meh first few friends. Nice girl yeh have, Mrs. Ray” He said. I visibly cringed when he called me Candice, but I figured he was only doing it to stay on her good side, which was something I thought was impossible.

“Well yes, I don’t know about that” She said, her nose in the air, “Well, it’s late, I’ll be heading to bed now. It was nice meeting you, Oliver.”

He grinned and returned her words and we both watched her get to the top of the stairs and disappear before talking again.

“Candice?” He asked, a playful smile still presenting itself.

I glared at him, “It’s my real name. I hated it though, so the first chance I got, I changed it. Her and my father refuse to accept it.”

He laughed some and nodded. He said something about really needed to leave, and I agreed. It was pretty late.

He gave me a surprise hug before going, leaving a smile on my face.

I walked up the stairs, ready to retreat to my room, when I heard my mom call me.

“Candice?”

I cringed at my name and walked to the door of her room. She was sitting on her bed, still in her clothes from before.

“Yes?” I asked, trying to not be rude. As much as I wanted to be.

“That boy, I like him. Keep him around, okay?” She told me, smiling at me for what seemed like the first time ever.

As shocked as I was, I gave her a little smile of my own and nodded lightly.

I headed back to my room and changed my clothes. I grabbed my phone and plugged it up before laying down. I checked over it and had a text or two from Cameron. Apologizing, of course.

I ignored them, like I had ignored the rest, and fell asleep easily.

Image

That morning I woke up with time to spare. I took my time getting ready and eating breakfast. My mom was nowhere to be found, so I assumed she was either still asleep or she already left.

I wore something casual. Well, basically how I usually dress.

After getting things ready, I chilled out on my couch, watching TV for a little bit until I had to leave. I was disturbed by a knock at my front door.

I was confused, but went and answered it anyway. And there stood Oli.

“What are you doing here?” I said, a small smile on my lips.

“I figured I’d give yeh a ride again” He said. He looked nice that day, even though eh was wearing when he usually wore.

I thought about it for a minute then agreed and went to get my bag. He came in and raided my kitchen while I got my things.

I came back to him basically swallowing two pop tarts whole.

“Woah, be careful there” I told him, laughing. He just smiled and poured himself some milk to wash it down with. When he had finished, I locked my door and we headed to his car.

We chatted idly on the way to school. I just listened most of the time, enjoying the sound of his accent still.

When we got there, we walked in together again. When I spotted Cameron, he had a huge bruise, but was still sticking by that whore.

Oli threw his arm over my shoulder as we walked by. I knew he did it just to bother Cam.

We walked around some and talked to Matt for a while before we had to leave for class.

We were late, the bell ringing a few seconds before we made it in class. The teacher stopped us.

“Miss Ray? You’re late?” She said, surprised.

“Yes ma’am, I’m sorry. I was helping some new kid find the office, and Oli just followed along” I lied, easily. I glanced at Oli and I could tell he was trying to not laugh.

She looked at me suspiciously, but then let us off the hook. Of course she’d believe me.

The class was whispering among themselves. Mostly about Oliver and I coming in late together. They all had their own theory of what happened, it mostly being that we were fucking before school.

I brushed it off and paid attention to the class, as well as Oli. The day went by pretty quickly, filled with me only talking to Oli and Matt and the others.

It was time to leave and we were heading out of the school when someone got in the way and stopped me.

Olivia James.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally got around to updating this.

I really, really, really x18 hate the new Mibba. I tried to start a new story that I had been wanting to do and the layout fucked up.

Well anyway, I hope you enjoy this. I DID manage to start a new story before the change. It's an Asking Alexandria story. If you'd like to read it, it's here.

I only have two chapters up, and I'm probably going to write the third soon enough. Just, if you like it, please do support it also c:

So yeah, please comment though. I'm proud I've even gotten this far. Stuff will start happening soon, I promise c: