Status: Completed on 2.16.13 with 15 Recommendations, 319 Readers, 75 Subscribers, and 41 Comments.

Just Making Things Harder

“G’night, Kyle”

The rest of that day didn’t go by as smoothly as I hoped. Oli’s friends were skeptical about him forgiving me, them all having made their own assumptions about what happened. After Oli explained everything, though, they got over their problems and welcomed me back with open arms.

I was happy to have somewhere to belong again.

I only saw Cameron a few times throughout the whole day, and I could tell he was surprised that Oli and I were back to being close. Not like I cared, though.

Each day of the week passed by in a blur, filled with school, work, and spending time with Oli in various places.

On Wednesday, he finally asked me if I wanted to try going on a date again on Saturday. Happy to get a second chance, I said yes. I thought that Saturday would never come, but gladly, it finally did.

That morning, I woke up at a perfect time. I bypassed my laptop, trying to do everything different so that it wouldn’t be a repeat.

I made my hair look nice, and wore a nice sweaters and jeans. Oli told me we were just seeing a movie, so it was very casual.

As I was cleaning up things, trying to waste time until he got here, I found something. It was a jacket that Cameron had let me borrow a long time ago and then left. The second I realized who’s it was, I dropped it like it burned me.

I should really return it I told myself, but decided to do it tomorrow since I wouldn’t be home until tonight.

My doorbell finally rang and I almost tripped out of eagerness to get to the door. I calmed myself before opening it to a grinning Oli. He was wearing a sweater also, but his was a different color. The rest of his ensemble was his general clothing that he always wore.

“Yeh look brilliant, love” He told me, giving me a once over. I grinned before returning the compliment. Without a moment of hesitation, I walked out, locking the door behind me.

“So, I decided we could see ah movie then get somfin’ teh eat. Sound good?” He asked me when we got in his car. I just nodded. Anything we did was fine with me.

He drove to the small theatre and we went to find a movie. He grabbed my hand while we walked up there, surprising me a bit, but I relaxed in his grip almost immediately.

I chose a scary movie of some kind, and Oli agreed. The theatre was hardly occupied, so we sat near the back. Apparently I wasn’t the only one who always preferred the back.

Throughout the movie, I jumped a few times, making Oli chuckle. About halfway through the movie, I jumped and Oli slid his arm around me in one slick move.

Not like I really minded, anyway.

When it was over, we chatted about the movie on the way to the car. He asked me where I wanted to eat, but I let him pick. He’d been here for a while, he had to have somewhere he preferred.

And my assumption was right, he headed to some restaurant that I rarely went to. As usual, the waitress flirted with him and hardly paid attention to me, but he didn’t even look at her. This made my insides feel a little fuzzy.

He ordered something vegetarian and I got some kind of chicken dish and we ate and talked. He filled me in on what he was doing the week I didn’t talk to him, and I told him that I just laid around my house like the dead, dealing with my mom gripe at me about why she hadn’t seen Oli.

“Yeh mum realleh likes meh, ‘ets kind of odd” He told me, and I just agreed with him.

After we finished, we just sat and talked more. Oli had to shoo away the waitress when she tried to give him her number, and found myself glaring at her occasionally. Too bad she actually returned it a few times.

Oli told me more about his home, Sheffield, and I told him about the few places I had lived before. We just talked and talked for what seemed like hours. When the waitress finally gave up on her advances on Oliver, we decided to leave.

In the car, we found ourselves singing along to some song on the radio. What this boy and I had in common was insane.

When he finally pulled into my driveway, I really wasn’t ready to go.

This was, hands down, the best date I had ever been on. And I may have only been on a few, but this still took the cake. The red velvet cake with vanilla icing on top.

I got out and he walked me to my door. I fished out my keys, but started having issues figuring out which one it was. I usually never had this problem, but him being there just got me all flustered.

When I finally found it, I was interrupted and dropped them. What interrupted me, you may ask?

A pair of lips on my own interrupted me.

I was surprised for a moment, but eventually just settled into it. Oliver reached his colorful hands up to cup my face and I found my own hands gripping onto his sweater.

He didn’t deepen it, or try anything else. He just left it at a slow, sweet kiss and finally pulled back.

“G’night, Kyle” He told me before giving me that dazzling smile and heading back to his car.

Dazed, I tried to hurry and pick up my keys and find the right one. Oli didn’t leave until I had gotten in the house. I was glad, too. I had that feeling, once again, that I was being watched.

When I got inside, I locked the door quickly before putting my back to it and sitting on the floor.

Oliver Sykes kissed me. He kissed me.

“Best date ever” I murmured as I collected myself off the floor and hurried to my room for a much needed night of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg I know it's been forever since I updated this. But I got the comments I wanted.

OH. And I never mentioned this, but I actually have had this entire story planned out (with details) and plans for a sequel.

And if you must know, the creepy feeling Kyle gets about someone watching her, yeah you're going to learn about that and who it is in the next chapter. Sooo, once again, 3 commented before I update again.

But seriously, there will be like 6 or 7 more chapters in this, and some amount in the sequel. But I promise, this story is going to take a huge turn in the sequel. Just so you know.

But I need comments before I update and get there.

Okay, until next time, my lovelies. c: