‹ Prequel: French Vanilla
Status: Completed with Readers: 254; Subscribers: 117; Comments: 108; Stars: 10

Sweet Nothings

Pause To Ask Are They Tried and Tested?

"We're here, love," Tommy announced.

I looked around, my eyes narrowing. "We're at.... a building?"

"Offices."

"We're at offices for what?"

He sighed, pulling the keys out of the engine. "Baby doctor. A prenatal doctah. Yeh need to go to them."

I frowned, crossing my arms across my chest. "Why?"

"Because that's what people who are pregnant do."

"Oh," I rolled my eyes. "So now you want to start acting like I'm pregnant. Now we have to start taking care of our baby? You know, the thing I should have been doing for months?"

"Skylah, don't start," he mumbled, stepping out of the car.

I groaned and got out of the car, slamming the door shut. "Don't start what, huh Tommy? I know you're trying, but really? You suddenly want to start being the world's best dad?"

"Hush it, Skylah! I'm trying to get yeh back and I'm sorreh if this isn't exactleh what yeh wanted but I am tryin' okay? I don't want to lose yeh..." He whispered the last part.

My eyes immediately softened. We both stared at each other before turning and begrudgingly walking into the building.

The secretary smiled as we entered. "Ello, loves. What's yeh name? I'll tell the doctah yeh here."

"Sykes," Tom spoke for me.

I smiled lightly. He put our name as Sykes. I guess he really hasn't given up hope on us getting married. Skylar Sykes....

"Sky?" Tom whispered.

"Hmm?"

He smiled lightly, "come on. They alreadeh called yeh name."

"Oh," I nodded following Tom down the hallway and into an office.

"Ello!" The middle aged woman spoke upon entering the room. "I'm Doctah Lovert. Go on, lass. Sit on the table and I'll squirt some goo on yeh."

I nodded and laid down on the bed. Tom sat on the chair next to me and we watched as she lifted up my shirt and squirted blue gel, moving it around on the growing bump. I looked over at Tom trying to figure out what he was thinking. He seemed out in a daze and I couldn't figure out whether it was because of where we were or if it was the fight we had prior to coming in here.

"Okay, lass, pay attention," the doctor spoke. I snapped out of my daze and watched as she moved the microphone shaped ultrasound machine over my belly.

"See that, right there," she pointed at the screen. "That's yeh baby. It's a little girl yeh know. Congratulations," she smiled. "I'll let yeh two be alone now." She stood up and left the room.

Tom and I were both completely silent watching the heart beat on the monitor.

"S-sky.." he whispered. I looked over to see tears running down his cheeks. "Sky... we're parents."

My heart broke seeing him there, slowly losing it in front of me. This is why he never told me. He was... scared. "Come here," I spoke softly, moving over in the bed. He nodded and crawled in next to me, immedietly placing his head on my shoulder. Tom's eyes never left the screen. "You never told me because you were scared?"

He nodded, wiping a small tear down his face. "This is so scary, yeh know. It's like... we're responsible for someone else's life and happiness. Do yeh know how much that scares me? I can be such a fuck up sometimes. I mean, look at what I did? I put our marriage in jeopardy just 'cause I couldn't tell yeh the news. And-"

"Shh," I whispered. "It's alright Tommy. I'm scared too."

Tom looked up, shocked. "Yeh are?"

"Yea," I nodded, sighing. "But I know I can do this because I have you."

He smiled, looking back to the screen. "Hey babe?"

"What?"

"That's our daughtah."

I chuckled, kissing his forehead. "Yes it is. We have to start coming up with names."

"Names, huh? Alreadeh?"

"Well, yea. She's on her way. We have to buy stuff for her too."

"Huh," he nodded, grinning. "You're right. I fink I like this. A lot."

I smiled, kissing his head again. "So you want to have a baby with me?"

"I nevah would want one wiff anyone else, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys clearly like the nice Tommy :)

Thank you very much CountMyName, lexin3d, Fast.Times., Vani.Violence, dreamingyouhere, HeyThereDarling, babygurl94512, The Mini Monster and ForeverHopeful for commenting.

Stay sexy ;D