Kitchen Floor

Kitchen Floor

Tonight, they found themselves. They had found where they’d got it from.

“I must say, you are looking hairy tonight.” Faris Badwan had said to Joshua Hayward.

They found themselves, and they were found. Not just by them.

Now, how would this be? How would this be if they weren’t found? If they hadn’t have found themselves? Tonight, tonight. Tonight. And tonight, was the night.

Faris Badwan had planned for the day to have been a very good one. Lounging around, possibly in underwear, and just resting out, and this would have been a good day for Faris. But, as things go, nothing goes to plan these days. You’re either called out to rescue your best friend from drowning in a lake or you stay in the bathroom too long. Something like that, and that’s the nation of today.

But tonight, was the night. The nation of tonight? No, that’s not correct. The nation of today, not tonight. Faris wouldn’t accept that it was the nation of today. Not the nation of tonight, the night he’d planned to be a day of just chilling. No, certainly not.

Tonight, Faris had called Joshua, and they sat down with an awkward silence. Awkward, it was. An awkward silence – but was the silence particularly awkward? Or was it even silent? A movie could have been playing, and they were watching it or Faris could have left some music on in the back room. But it wasn’t silent, and not for either of those reasons, and it certainly wasn’t rain dropping on the roof.

Faris left the room, and Joshua just sat, putting half of his weight onto an arm he rested his head on. Joshua just sat, sat on the floor like a 6 year old in class. ‘I don’t want to learn, I want to go home and play on my playstation!’, but not in Joshua’s head. He just kept his mind on Faris and how he was changing his life.

Joshua could never bear being around the people he loved. Family, the girls he crushed on, even a boy or two. Friends, anything of that nature. So, in some aspect, Joshua had been glad Faris had left the room for a good five minutes, so he could be prepared for being able to be around him.

Faris hadn’t gone where Joshua had thought. Faris had gone to the kitchen for a solid five minutes, to calm himself so he could be prepared. Not as if he wasn’t already, as they had been sitting in an awkward silence for a quarter of an hour, but really, he could be nervous around certain people.

Yes, Faris Rotter and Joshua Third, two people who wouldn’t be nervous and could bear being around people they loved. Only, not really. The reason Faris had left: He liked Joshua. Maybe even a little bit more? Maybe even a little bit fucking more than that? Maybe more than that, supposedly?

Joshua was glad. The reason? He liked Faris. Yes, of course. The news has just leaked that he can’t bear being around Faris for a long period of time. Joshua can’t bear being around the people he love. Joshua can’t bear being around Faris for a long period of time. So what does this tell us?

They both like each other. Maybe a little bit more. Maybe so much that Joshua can’t bear being around people he loves. So, because he loves Faris, he can’t bear being around him...for long periods of time. Joshua was a ‘certain person’ to Faris. He could be nervous around ‘certain people’ and, Joshua was one of those ‘certain people’.

“I have to go.” Joshua said. Faris had a look of sadness on his eyes as he sat on the kitchen floor. The sadness was more noticeable as he stood up.

“Nervous,” Faris muttered under his breath. “Thanks bud.” Faris edged his face nearer to Joshua and their lips collided.

“You know,” Joshua said, “I didn’t have to go.”