His Fingertips Have Memories

Let's Rewrite An Ending That Fits

Memories flooded Amy’s mind as she walked mindlessly through Babies ‘R’ Us.

Flashback

“Okay, since I’m a famous rock star, I get to name my kid whatever stupid name I want,” said Bob grinning.

Amy laughed, “Famous rock star?”

“Shut up, you’re jealous. Let me think of some completely ridiculous name.”

Amy rolled her eyes, “I refuse to name my kid peach or banana or whatever the fuck Gwyneth Paltrow named her kid.”

“Apple,” replied Bob, still thinking of a name.

Amy cracked up, “Why the hell do you know that?”

“I get bored when you’re at work,” he said innocently.

“So you read my people magazines?”

“Sometimes,” he said sheepishly.

“Hahahaha, god! You loser,” said Amy. Bob grinned sheepishly as he kissed her.

End Flashback

Amy ran her hand over tons of different baby clothing. They were so small and soft. She sighed.

Flashback

“I forbid you to have a girl,” stated Bob. Amy looked up from her magazine.

“You forbid me?” she said, raising her eyebrows.

“Yes,” he said while kissing her stomach, “You’re not allowed.”

“Well, I’m pretty sure it’s a girl,” she said, running her finger through his hair.

“Um, no. Not happening.”

“Well, My brother is the only boy out of four siblings, and my dad is the only guy out of eight, so you’re chances don’t look to hot."

“Okay, you know what?” he asked.

“What?” she asked grinning.

“I don’t know,” he said rolling onto his back, “Go away. Leave me alone.”

Amy laughed at her future’s husband’s inability to accept defeat.

End of Flashback

“May I help you?” asked a saleslady. Amy was about to speak when she saw someone across the store that looked familiar.

“Marissa?” she asked aloud.

“No,” said the saleslady. “Janet,” she said pointing to her name tag.

“Oh, not you,” said Amy with a dismissive hand gesture. The lady walked off annoyed at Amy’s rude behavior, but Amy didn’t take notice.

“Bobbie, what do you think of this one?” said Marissa, holding up a jumper.

“Yeah, it’s great. Can we just leave now?”

Amy was standing close enough to be spotted, but so close that it was obvious she wanted to be spotted. She wanted Marissa to leave. Amy wanted to be with Bob, she didn’t need Marissa to be a bitch. She was already in a terrible mood. All she wanted was Bob, but he’d never talk to her again.

“Oh Bob, come on don’t be—yeah, you’re right let’s leave.”

Bingo. She’d been spotted; hopefully she could get a chance to talk with Bob alone. This wasn’t the place, but she had to talk to him before to much damage had been done, Amy feared she might be too late. She feared that things would never be like they were. She feared she already fucked up the situation so badly that it was permanently broken with no fix in site.

“Holy shit, did you actually say I’m right? Are you feeling okay?” he asked teasingly. Amy couldn’t help but smile to herself.

“Yes, come on were leaving now,” said Marissa sternly.

“Well, aren’t you going to buy anything? We’ve been here over an hour; do not tell me you dragged me here for nothing.”

Marissa grabbed Bob by the wrist and attempted to drag him out of the store. Bob rolled his eyes and gave in.

“Marissa? Bob?” said Amy, as if she just spotted them. Marissa stopped in her tracks and Bob quickly turned around at the sound of her voice. Marissa reluctantly turned around.

“Oh hi. We were just leaving, bad timing, eh?” she said.

“No, we weren’t,” said Bob, smiling at Amy, “We were just looking at the watch-a-ma-call-its, the jumpers things.”

She looked beautiful. Even though she wasn’t dressed up fancy, just to go out to run errands, she still was gorgeous. Bob couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Why couldn’t he just hug her and tell her how much he loved her? Why couldn’t things be easy?

“Bit early to be shopping for baby clothing, isn’t it?” asked Amy politely.

“For my cousin,” mumbled Marissa. Amy nodded. “What are you doing here?” she snapped.

“It’s a free country Mariss,” said Bob.

“Free my ass,” she mumbled.

“My sister-in-law is having a baby,” said Amy. Marissa made a face, saying that she couldn’t care less. Bob pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Look, why don’t you go buy the things you picked out and then wait in the car?” ask Bob.

Marissa crossed her arms over her chest, “Yeah, right.”

“Okay, how about you just leave us the fuck alone so we can talk for 2 goddamn seconds? I’m getting really fucking annoyed,” snapped Bob.

Shock and hurt was painted across Marissa’s face but was quickly replaced with anger.

“I cannot believe you!” she said, before storming out of the store. Bob called after her, but she just walked away angrily.

“I didn’t mean to get you in trouble,” said Amy.

“Whatever, it’s not a big deal. She’ll get over it,” he said. “How are you?” he asked concerned. Amy looked around.

“I’m okay, you?”

“I’m dealing, still hurts.”

“Yeah,” said Amy’s voice breaking. “It’s so weird how one thing can just change a persons life completely.” Bob nodded. “We’d be married right now.” She looked away, her eyes filled with tears.

The saleslady was looking at them, so Bob took Amy by the hand and they walked outside. Amy was still on the verge of tears.

“I miss you,” said Bob quietly. Amy nodded.

“I’m so sorry,” she said. “I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry losing our baby, I’m sorry for leaving, I’m sorry for fucking everything up.” She was hysterically crying by now. Bob pulled her into a hug.

“Don’t. Nothing is your fault,” he whispered into her ear. “Everything is okay now.” They broke apart, and Bob wiped her wet cheek. “Do you honestly think this is your entire fault?” Amy nodded. “It’s not. I should have come after you; I should have never let you go.”

“I wasn’t the only one who lost a child,” she said, tears still streaming down her face. Bob pulled her into another hug.

“I love you,” she whispered. Bob let out a laugh of relief.

“Oh god Amy. I love you too.”

“Still?” she mumbled into his shoulder.

“Always.”

Amy pulled apart, “Good, because all I want to do is be with you. I just want to start over no matter how difficult that may be.”

Bob smiled, and the pressed his lips against hers. Bob gently slid his tongue across her bottom lip. Amy obliged without hesitation. All the years of being apart, searching for happiness, learning from pain, they both had finally realized that they didn’t have to look very far for what they wanted. This was right, and no matter how hard it would be to make their relationship work again, it would be worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
- sorry for the over due update.
- i don't know if i'll contine you this story.
- i might have to b/c marissa may eat me.
- i don't know though, comment [: