His Fingertips Have Memories

I'm Calling; Will You Answer?

I’m an idiot, such a fucking moron. Bob rented a moving truck and was sitting in the hotel parking lot debating if he should go inside or just go back home. She’s going to laugh at me. What if she doesn’t have anything? She did only have two suitcases at the airport. Bob started freaking out; he really didn’t want to mess things up with Amy. He really hoped she’d see that he was trying really hard, trying to makes things better. She has to have stuff; she lived in LA for two years. He sighed and pulled out his cell phone, he had a text message. It was from Marissa.

It said: Bobbie, I’m really sorry. Please call me.

He hated it when she called him Bobbie, but then again that’s the only reason why she called him that. He rubbed his eyes.

Flashback (several days earlier)

“You’ll never guess who I ran into at the store…” said Marissa; she seemed like she was still deciding whether or not to tell him.

“Amy,” Bob stated, not looking at her. “I picked her up from the airport, she called me a week before she came into town. She looks good, doesn’t she? Happy, you know?”

Marissa shrugged, “she looked tan to me.” Bob rolled his eyes. They were silent, both not wanting to say what they were thinking.

“I don’t want you getting involved with her again,” Marissa said, finally breaking the silence. “She’s clearly not over the—”

“You think I am?” he said interrupting her.

“Your not?” she asked, a bit shocked.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get over it, but just because it still bothers her, why would that be matter? Why can’t I get involved with her? Better yet, why shouldn’t I, I can do whatever I damn well please.” He was sick and tired of people telling him what to do. All Bob wanted to do was be with Amy. Marissa momentarily looked taken aback, but regained composure.

“She’s going to hurt you again, I don’t want that.”

“How do you fucking know that?” he snapped.

“I just do. If she could hurt you then she could easily hurt you now. And this time I’m not going to just stand around and let her.”

“What the hell does that mean?”

“It means that I don’t want you to come crying to me when she breaks your heart. I’m not going to pick up the pieces like I did last time.”

“Well good, don’t. I don’t fucking need you. Maybe I don’t want you to do anything for me if I’m too much of pain in the ass.”

“Bobbie, I didn’t mean it like that...”

“I hate it when you call me that,” he snapped.

“Why do you think I call you that?” she said smiling, “I just meant that I don’t want you getting hurt like you did last time. You had a really hard time getting over it and I don’t think you could get over it again.” Marissa was sincere but Bob flew off the handle and took it the wrong way completely.

“You fucking call me a wuss?”

“What? No, Bob—”

“No, don’t. I understand I’m a fucking baby, aren’t I? An annoyance? Well if you don’t want me around you could have told me a long time ago.”

End of Flashback

He texted her back.

He wrote: It’s completely my fault, I’m so sorry. Love, Bobbie

Bob looked at the time, he was 7 minutes late. He dialed her cell number and told her she was outside. He stood out side of the stupid moving van and had to use all his self control to prevent him from running in the opposite direction. His stomach was in a huge knot that was getting tighter by the second; his hands were sweaty and he wiped them on his pants about 10 times. Amy came out with a bellboy following her, dragging one of her suitcases, she dragged the other one. Fuck, he should have offered to do that.

“Bob!” she squealed. He couldn’t see her facial expression so he didn’t know if she was going to laugh or appreciate his gesture; he was pretty sure it would be the later but he didn’t know if that was just his high hopes. He walked over to take the suitcase from her, but she hugged him. Every muscle in his body relaxed. He wasn’t nervous anymore; things felt so right. Much to Bob’s dismay, the hug didn’t last long. She let go and he could tell right away she loved it. Wow, I actually did something right for once, shocker.

“Bob! That is so sweet!”

“Yeah, I’m glad you like it,” he said, as he put her two suitcases in the back of the truck. They looked pathetic, two small suitcases in a huge truck. “I…uh…didn’t know if you had boxes or stuff or anything…do you?”

“Yeah, all my stuff is in the storage center down by that small Dunkin Donuts.”

They picked up all her stuff; she had a lot of stuff and Bob was glad he rented the truck. Their conversation flowed nicely, with only several awkward pauses that were filled immediately. Maybe Gerard was wrong, maybe they could pick up where they left off. Maybe things haven’t changed so much. Amy seemed like the same person and Bob didn’t feel that he changed much either. Okay, so he had a huge trusting problem, but she came back. She said she would and she did. Bob noticed how much he was smiling in the car and at the storage center and on the way to her new apartment. He felt like an idiot and he hoped she didn’t notice. Believe it or not, but he had a really nice time lugging boxes up and down to the third floor with Amy. They laughed a lot and complained about the backs. It was just like old times; maybe this wasn’t so hard after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
bobbbbbbbbb =)