Status: I'm wondering where this will go as well :]

Rose Water

The Box

Blackness

All I could see was blackness, my body moved as if being carried wait no, swayed. That was it- I was swaying. It reminded me of my third grade field trip to the Statue of Liberty, the ferry had swayed so much that i'd thrown up all over my teacher. The same sick feeling filled my stomach. My throat croaked, it felt baked. The darkness was all consuming. Confusion bashed around in my head, where was I? Better question: what had happened?

The throbbing in my throat gave me a clue that I'd been sleeping longer than normal. I needed water. I needed water or I would die. Maybe not soon, but if I was stuck in this dark spot I would die.

That's when the panic hit.

Trying to move my arms I realized I was in a tight fit. Horror filled my gut as I realized I was in a box. It had to be a box, there was no other explanation! The familiar wood texture greeted me like a death sentence. I was in a box, why was I in a box? I should have been at home right now, doing a crossword or something! Now I was only god knows where. A shiver ran up my spine, fear pooling in my stomach as my arms flailed around restlessly, panic winning over common sense.

Even with my throat practically on fire: I screamed. I lived in New York, there's no place too far away from people, in theory if I screamed loud enough-someone would hear me.

All I wanted was one person to hear me, so after a few minutes when I still heard nothing, and no one came to help me: I screamed louder. I wasn't a loud girl in nature, but I was not giving up. Pain flashed through my mind as I took in more air, my vocal cords searing as I screamed louder.

My fingers found their way to examining my box, hoping to find a way out. I pushed in all directions as my fingers scraped the sides of the box at full force.

My ears perked up at the sound of scuttled footsteps and light swearing. This only caused me to scream a little louder, I was afraid that if I didn't the person would loose me. I could not let that happen. I would not let that happen!

"Shut'it already!" Growled out a voice only inches away from me, the only thing between us being the wood planks of the box.

I closed my mouth in surprise instantly listening in the dark as the sounds of locks clicked. My body shuttered instantly as the sound of something heavy hit the floor. My mind was blank, I could not remember what had left me in this box, and now I had a feeling this wasn't an accident, and for a moment I regretted screaming at all.

My hands shielded my face quickly as I turned away from the intense light that pored into my prison. Blinking roughly I realized that I was not laying in a box at all- I was laying in a coffin.

Jerking up I relentlessly tried to get out, thrashing hazardously around I pushed myself up. My eyes widened as they came into direct contact with familiar indigo eyes.

Unintentionally freezing I remembered what had happened. Ambrose had happened. Ambrose and those stupid indigo eyes of his, that and the fountain.

I'd met a strange boy in a seasonal park who talked of fountains, and societies, and now I was in a coffin.

I was in a coffin.

"What are you doing? Let go of me now" I growled pushing at his arms again, I had not expected such a pretty-boy to be so strong.

"I'm doing my job," He added pushing me down again with a rough shove. Shocked at his strength I stared up at him for a moment my body spread out uncomfortably on the bedding.

"I thought you worked for the Rose Water Society?" I asked looking around quickly, I realized that I wouldn't be strong or fast enough to get out of here without a plan. I'd have to stall him as much as possible.

"I do," He added with a wistful smile in my direction. Someone that charming shouldn't be allowed around people, his face made me want to throw away my fears and listen, it made me want to forget. Yet, I wasn't easily subdued.

"I don't get it!" I cried out trying to distract him from what I was really doing- planning my escape.

"Humans never get it, that's why I work easily." He mused to me smiling softly.

"Are you implying something? You're human too, unless you forgot?" I growled out, suddenly realizing he could be some crazy serial killer. Or at least seriously narcissistic.

"Darling, try something a little more demonic," he smirked flashing off his teeth.

I realized something then, he was a 100% bonafide crazy. I know it sounds stupid, but I laughed, in his face even.

The dude thought he was a Vampire... What- had he watched a few to many Dracula movies and now thought he was King of the Underworld, or something?

"Why are you laughing? I could kill you!" He growled, shaking my shoulders suddenly. Although I should've been terrified-I wasn't.

And because he fell for it.

"You think you're a Vampire!" I snickered at him.

Reaching up as he shook me I punched him in the face, hard enough that I heard the sound of bone hitting bone. Stunned he dropped away from me, howling as he held his once perfect face.

Taking this as my once in a lifetime chance I dove as quickly as I could out of the coffin, running like crazy as my eyes and legs shot for the door to the simple grey room. My eyes widened at the sight of at least ten other identical coffins like mine. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach that they were just as occupied as mine had been. Yet I pushed on, if I could get out of wherever here was, I could come back with help.

My mind flew with hope as I made it to the door, my fingers wrapping around the door handle, only to be abruptly pulled off by my body flying backwards.

Pain erupted like thousands of needles as the back of my head hit the floor, sticky blood coating my fingers as I reached back. Ambrose's face filled with rage as he stared down at me.

"Listen you little bitch, One: I'm not a Vampire, I'm a Demon, and Two: I was going to help you out, give you some water- put you back to sleep, so you wouldn't be so upset- screw that, maybe in a few hours you'll be a little bit nicer!" He growled flinging me back into the coffin and slamming the lid back on.

Plunged back into darkness, I was angry. I was not giving up though like Ambrose said, I had a few hours to wait till he came back, and I'd be ready with a better plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this in two sittings :)

Although I'd thought about originally writing Ambrose as the nice guy and doing just what he said he planed on doing at the end... To bad Phia isn't as willing... ROFL