Only You.

Five

Standing by the front doors I’m looking up at the sky full of gray clouds. It’s raining. The water pouring down my face allows me to shed a few tears without being noticed. People file past me as they leave for home. I stand there hoping, dreaming I could just disappear. I’m lost in my thoughts when I realize rain is no longer hitting me. I open my eyes and see a blue umbrella above my head. “Now what’s the reason that you’re standing out here in the rain-” he looks at me shocked. That’s when I realize my face doesn’t have water falling on me so my tears are visible. He places his hand on my cheek wiping my tears. I blush “why are you so kind to me…” I ask in a small voice. “Why?” he laughs at the question like I should know the answer “do you remember, when we were in middle school and you were running through the halls and you ran into me?” he asks. “Umm…yeah” I say blushing at the thought. “Well ever since that day I’ve never stopped thinking of you.” He says smiling. He winds his hand with mine holing it. “You’re very cold. Do you want me to drive you ho-” “NO!” I cut him off by accident, I start shaking thinking about what Kyle did. He pulls me into his arms “I don’t know what has you so scared but you don’t have to worry. You’re not alone anymore. I’m here now.” I couldn’t help it. I started to cry again. I wrapped my arms around him. He drops his umbrella and holds me closely in the rain. “Do you still want a ride?” he asks. I nod not trusting my voice. He walks me to his car and helps me in because it still hurt to sit down. “Thank you.” I say. “If it’s not too much to ask….could I stay at your house…I don’t trust my home…” I say quietly. He holds my hand again. “Of course. Stay as long as you need to” he says smiling. I smile back at him. He blushes “W-what did I do something wrong?!” I say embarrassed. He looks at the road. “It’s nothing. Your smile just caught me by surprise. It’s very cute” he says laughing and still holding my hand. I sneeze. “See what happens when you stand out in the rain.” He laughs. “I guess I wasn’t very smart at that moment.” I laugh weakly.
We arrive at his house. I’m somewhat surprised to learn he lives alone. “Technically I’m emancipated. I chose to go to school so I can go to college and get a good job.” He says leading me into the house. I follow. He lives in a one room apartment and it’s nice and neat. His couch is black. I sit down. “This couch is very comfortable.” I say relaxing; he makes us tea and sits next to me. He hands me my tea “really? That’s interesting” he says smiling. “Yeah…” I say becoming sleepy. I must have fallen asleep because next thing I know someone is caring me princess style and laying me down in an amazingly soft bed. “Sleep well…” I feel his stroke my cheek “my fragile Prince.” I hear him leave. I smile because for the first time in a long time….I feel loved…and I don’t want it to end.
I wake up about 6 at night. I’m rubbing my eye as I walk out to the living room. “Good evening Jack.” Skylar says smiling as he cooks something. “What are you cooking?” I ask as I walk over. “It’s a surprise my prince.” He says as he chops up some vegetables. I blush at his nickname for me. I walk over and sit on the couch. That’s when I realize my tight black shirt has been changed for a larger baggy shirt. It has a Foxx emblem on it. I smell it, it smells like Skylar. I smile and look around. “This has to be a dream….” I say quietly. “What was that?” Skylar asks. “Nothing. I was just talking to myself.” I say. “Alright. Dinners done hope you like pasta with salad on the side.” He said smiling and setting the table. I walk over “I-I’ll help you Skylar…” I say. I grab a couple of glasses and place them on the table. “You don’t have to. You’re my guest.” He says taking my hand and pulling me to my seat. “Let me serve you my prince” he says smiling.
Dinner was amazing! I haven’t had food that good since my mother took me to the olive for a drug deal. I asked him if I could help him clean. “You’re my guest Jack. Don’t worry, I’ve got it covered.” He said smiling. He always has on a smile. It’s a natural smile. I can tell. It makes me happy. I wasn’t used to being treated like this so when I sat on his couch I pulled my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them. He looks over at me. “Are you alright Jack?” he walked over. I look up at him, “I-I’m sorry I’m just not used to being treated this way…” I say quietly “what? You mean having someone care for you?” he asks. I nod. He laughs a little. “What’s so funny?” I ask slightly irritated that he’s laughing at me. “It’s just, you’re so cute when you worry I couldn’t help it. I’m sorry” he says laughing a little more. For some reason I wanted to just throw myself into his arms but…I know I couldn’t. I must have looked saddened by that thought because he placed his hand on my cheek and moved it to my chin pulling me up. “What has you so sad my prince?” I was so confused by him calling me that but I liked it at the same time. I decided I didn’t care. I threw myself into his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck. He hugged me back without hesitation. It felt so natural in his arms, so…right. He surprised me by picking me up princess style and carrying me to his room. I blushed not knowing what his plans were. “You can sleep in here tonight. I’ll take the couch. Alright” he said happily. All I could do was nod. “Th-thank you… Very much Skylar.” I said. He placed his hand under my chin tilting my head up. I thought he was going to kiss me. He smiled and kissed my forehead. I blushed. He walked out but stopped at the door. “Sleep well. My prince.” He walked out to the living room. I laid down and smiled. This is an amazing dream. That has become a reality.
The next day Skylar gave me a ride to school. Blaire must have seen him drop me off because he said “Before I tell you my Amazing news, why did Skylar give you a ride?” he said questioning. “b-because I stayed at his house last night” I said and smiled.