‹ Prequel: Life Coach
Status: Complete

Act of Kindness

Chapter 3

"Oh my god...I'm gonna bash my head into a wall."

"I volunteer to do it."

"Not funny Kara. I can't think anymore. There's just too many colors."

"Seriously Pat, pick a color. Pick two colors if it's that hard!"

"Who's even heard of these colors? Flamingo Pink? Hooker green? Otter brown? Seriously Kara?" I dropped my head on the table.

"I didn't create the colors Patrick."

"What happened to good ole fashion blue or red?"

"Then pick a good ole fashion color!"

"But there's so many!"

You can't kill him, Kara. You can not kill him.

This has been going on an hour and a half. We started off writing down names for the invitations and I thought picking a color would be easier...you can not kill him! There has to be a simpler way of doing this.

"Here," I took the few colors we actually liked and put them in a pile, "Close your eyes and pick one." I ordered Pat. He sighed but did as he was told. I took the color pallet from his hand, "Royal Blue. Any objections?"

"Is that what you want?"

"Patrick don't even ask me that."

"Okay, okay, royal blue it is. It matches your eyes anyways," He smirked, "You know this would be ten times easier if we just go to Vegas and get married. Not as many decisions."

"You have to pick the chapel. The picture they take to put on the mementos. The hospital you want to be taken to when our moms find out..."

"I get it smartass."

"We at least have a color. I just have to tell them what I want and in this color."

"You can also do that at a restaurant."

"Is that a hint you're hungry?"

"You know me too well." He said helping me up and handing me my coat. Pat must have been in the mood for a sandwich because we were at the restaurant near my theatre. "I'm starving."

"When aren't you?" He nudged my shoulder with his but wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You should get the chicken melt." Pat suggested. I rolled my eyes.

"Why? So you can eat it when I'm done?"

"And that is why I'm marrying you. You're too good for me."

"Umm...can I take your order?"

"Hey Jimmy, how's it going?" I asked the teenager across the counter. Usually when I come here, he was relaxed but now he seemed almost tense. Strange.

"I've been better. What can I get you?"

"I'll have the chicken melt and a Snapple please."

"And I'll get ham and turkey club." Patrick ordered.

"$9.37," Pat handed him a $10, "You're food will be ready shortly." Jimmy mumbled then called up the next customer.

"Well he seemed a bit rude." Patrick said once out of earshot when we sat down.

"He's been here for a while. He's probably tired."

"He seemed fine taking your order." I ignored Pat pulling out my phone. I got a text from the director asking for me to come in early tomorrow morning.

"So what else do we have to do for this whole wedding thing?"

"We need to find a place for the ceremony and reception, we need to call a caterer, we need to book a minister, we need to get the invitations to send out, we need to set a date..."

"So there's a lot we have to do?" I nodded. "Fantastic. Maybe you could call in my sisters to help you out or something."

"I can do that. I'll call them tomorrow."

"Who are you picking for a maid of honor?"

"I was gonna ask Jonny boy to do it."

"...Are you serious?"

"No Pat. I don't know. I was thinking about asking Julia."

"What about your other bridesmaids?" I shrugged.

"I hadn't thought much about it. What about you? Who's gonna be your best man?"

"Tazer. And I was gonna ask some of the guys to do it too. And probably your brother."

"You know this is going to be a big wedding, right?" I asked playing with the ring on my finger.

"Do you want a big wedding?"

"Honestly, we could all be barefoot in jeans with a BBQ and I'll be the happiest woman alive."

"...Can we really do that?" Realization hitting Patrick.

"Whatever you want baby." I leaned over and kissed Pat.

"Huh, here's your food." Jimmy interpreted us with a tray of food in his hands.

"Thanks Jimmy. How's school going?" I asked opening my Snapple.

"Um, it's alright. Just school. Happy belated birthday by the way." I smiled at the teenager who gave me a small one in return before walking away.

"He seems smitten with you." Patrick snipped.

"Just shut up and eat your sandwich."

---

"How many costumes do we need to fix?" Julia complained the next day. We were sitting in the back with the costumes trying to figure out what needed to be done. The show was a month and a half away and there were still some things not finished.

"Probably about ten more." I was checking up on the props table across the room making sure everything was accounted for.

"What are they doing to these costumes? I mean seriously!" Julia whined more.

"There you are Kara. We've been looking all over for you." Manny, the director, said. Derek the producer, was with him, both of them had big smiles on their faces.

"Just checking up on everything. Something you need?" I asked setting my clipboard down next to Julia on the table.

"We want to discuss something with you. Angela won't be able to preform."

"What's wrong with Angela?" Angela is the star of our show.

"She's pregnant."

"Oh...um...wow." I stated surprised.

"Lisa has stepped up to take her place but Lisa isn't as strong of a singer. She won't be able to sing for every show. So we need someone to do the other half of the shows." Derek explained.

"And we want you to be that someone." Manny finished. When I didn't say anything, he continued, "We would get one of the chorus girls to do it but you know the show better than any of them. We want you to be our Belle."

"We know this isn't what you signed up for but we thought long and hard about this. We called your college professors and they said that you were the best performer to walk their stage, even with such a small acting resume. You can sing, dance, and act. You're a triple threat! You're a beautiful girl with big connections. We want you to do this but you have to agree to it first."

Derek, Manny, and Julia just starred at me waiting for me to respond, "I don't know what to say."

"We want you to do this Kara but we won't force you. This is an opportunity of a lifetime."

"Can...can I think about it?"

"Of course. You let us know." I watched the two men leave with wide eyes. This couldn't be happening. I'm not an actress. The only reason I acted in college was so it would help with a class. And so I knew what it was like on the other side of the stage but this...I can't do this.

"Kara...What are you going to do?" Julia snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I...I don't know. I'm not an actress."

"This could be something Kara. This...this is huge!"

"I'm gonna talk to Pat about this. We've already got a lot on our hands." I answered before going back to work.

We have the wedding to plan, playoffs are coming up, the events with the Organization, and the show. There's was so much going on and this could just add to the stress.

At home, I waited for Patrick to wake up from his pregame nap. I tossed around in my head how I was going to talk to him about this. He might think that this is too much or he might think this is great. Pat's not much of a decision making kind of guy off the ice so this will play off strange.

"I smell something delicious." Patrick said walking into the kitchen, his hair tousled and eyes filled with sleep. His sweatpants slightly wrinkled from the nap but the sheet wrinkles were pressed against his bare chest leaving a mark.

"It's got a couple more minutes." I told him as he sat down at the island.

"How was your day?" He asked accepting the Gatorade bottle from me.

"Um, it was good. I had a conversation with Derek and Manny today."

"About what?"

"They uh...they want me to be in the show."

"Aren't you already in the show helping with the building and costumes and stuff?"

"Yeah but I mean...they want me to...star in it."

"Star in it? Like a lead part?"

"Um...yeah. They want me to split the lead actress part."

"Kara, that's amazing! That's fantastic!" he jumped from the chair and hugged me. "You're going to be a star!"

"Well that's the thing...I haven't agreed to it yet."

"What? Why not?"

"I wanted to see what you'd say. We've got so much going on and I wanted to ask you first."

"Of course I want you to do this! Kara, this is a big deal! I'm so happy for you!"

"So you're fine with it? We've got so much to do already and it would just add more stress."

"Kara, I want you to do what you want to do. We'll get the wedding stuff finished with and I'll worry about playoffs. But you should do this. It's such an opportunity." I starred at Patrick thinking over his words. Am I a fool for even thinking about this chance? Anyone else would have jumped to the opportunity at first ask. Me...I'm sitting here thinking about it.

The beeping of the timer caught my attention. I dished out Pat's dinner and some for myself. I stayed quiet as both Pat and I got ready for his game tonight.

The whole night I kept thinking about Manny's offer. This was a big deal, a life changer. By saying yes, I'd be dedicating myself to memorizing songs and lines and cues. I'd be at the theatre for longer hours because of how behind I would be. Mine and Patrick's routine would be messed up because of the new hours and schedules. I'd have to cancel any appointments with the hospital. I'd have to let the Blackhawks Organization know that I can't help with upcoming events. I feel like I'm letting people down by taking this job. But like everyone had said, it's the opportunity of a lifetime.

"Kara, your man just scored and you're just sitting there. What's going on in that head of yours?" Abby asked. I practically jumped at the sound of her voice.

"I've just been thinking."

"About what? The wedding? Kara, I'm telling you, an outdoor wedding with a BBQ is the perfect idea."

"It's not the wedding. I was offered the leading role in the musical." I told her.

"That's great! I'm happy for you!"

"I haven't agreed to it yet."

"What? Why not?" I explained to her the same thing I said to Patrick. Abby, of course, said the same thing as everyone else.

"I'm just afraid I'm letting people down with whatever I choose."

"Everyone will understand but you need to do what you want to do. Go and be a star, but if you don't you'll still be our star."

---

"Kara, we're so happy you agreed to this." Manny gushed.

Today was my first rehearsal. I'm going to be drilled on the dancing and singing for about seven hours for the next week.

I just smiled at him and waited for the others to arrive. Once they did, we started with vocal warm-ups for fifteen minutes. After, we started with "Belle," then "No Matter What," "Home," "Something There," and the "Transformation." We ran through each song about five times I think. I ended up loosing count after two.

When the singing was finished we moved on to the dancing. The choreographer went through the steps for "Be Our Guest" by myself then they brought it some of the other dancers that volunteered to stay. And then "Beauty and the Beast" which I did with Brian, or the Beast.

Brian and I were just stopping for a fifteen minute break before we continued with the lesson. I had talked to Brian only a few times but at these rehearsals I was getting to know him a little better.

"This is actually my second time playing the Beast." He told me. We were sitting against the wall as the rest were in their own groups.

"Is it really?" He nodded.

"We did this musical when I was a freshman in high school. I ended up beating out the senior who auditioned."

"That's very impressive, but why do it again?"

"I was hoping to play Gaston but I guess I wasn't bulky enough."

"No, you're too nice to be Gaston." I said and he smiled.

"Why haven't you ever auditioned? You're very good."

"I prefer to be backstage. I don't have as much control if I'm on stage. Consider it a control freak thing."

"You know that they're going to want you to audition for other shows. They'd be fools not to force you." I shrugged.

"I guess we'll see how this show goes first."

The rehearsals to follow were similar. Brian and I got along very well, which is a good thing considering how much we have to be around each other.

Brian was a very nice guy. When I first met him for his costume, he was shy and talked when spoken too but now he has no problem talking and cracking jokes with me. He was extremely funny making the long hour practices more exciting to go too.

And was he good looking or what? His brown curls covered his head. His deep brown eyes were like starring at pools of milk chocolate. And his voice...god, like listening to angels. The times we had to sing together, I was afraid I'd sound so bad compared to him as his voice filled the air.

"Alright everyone, back to work!" Derek said.

---

That one week flew by and it became time for the real work. I was able to start working on the stage with all of the actors. Everyone one of them was very good to me. Helping me when I needed assistance, giving me advice when needed. Each one was patient with me, understanding the predicament we're in.

I know most of them are nervous, doubting my abilities to do well when it comes to show time but I've been practicing everything. I sit at home reading over my lines, listening to the music, occasionally Pat would come home and see me dancing around the room humming along to different songs.

This play had kept Pat and I separated quite a bit, just like I knew it would. The times I was home in the evening, Patrick was getting ready for a game or road trips. And the time he was home, I was at rehearsals.

Tonight was the first night the evening to ourselves. No hockey. No rehearsals. Just us.

"I'm so tired!" I whined throwing my head back into the pillows.

"No! You have to stay awake." Pat said, hitting my legs.

"Don't do that! My legs will fall off."

"No wonder you're in the show. You're such a drama queen." I stuck my tongue out at him. I let out a tired sigh and glanced at the TV. Pat was watching some game recaps, nothing I could really get into, so I grabbed my script of the bedside table and began rereading it.

"I don't know why you keep reading that script. You know every line."

"I want it to be perfect."

"And you will be," He grabbed the script from my hand and tossed it on the floor, "Kara, babe," Pat clicked the TV off and crawled up to my side, "You are perfect. In every way. You're going to be perfect when you preform and everyone is going to love you...just not as much as I do." He said with a smirk. I leaned up and kissed him. "And that first night when you preform, I'll be front and center cheering you on. Just like you do for me."

"You know you can yell throughout the show, right?"

"Oh no, It's gonna be just like playoff season. I'm gonna get all of the guys to come and we're going to go crazy." He joked.

"I wouldn't doubt it."

"Now let's not think about hockey or the show and just think about...other things." Patrick's smirked grew to an sly grin as he rolled on top of me, pressing his body against mine. I lifted my head off the pillow to meet his lips in a passionate kiss.

I had missed the moments Pat and I had alone, both the funny and serious times. And just thinking of having these moments with Patrick for the rest of my life only made me a happier woman. I didn't need the lead in a Broadway show or money and attention, I just need Patrick by my side.

---

"Kara, we need you to do some marketing." Manny said as Julia fit me for Belle's opening dress.

"And what is that?"

"We got a call from the Children's Hospital after they found out you were playing Belle and they'd like you to come in as Belle and see the children."

"The kids will know who I am. They've seen me before." I said with a smile. I've been to the hospital numerous times and many of them would know exactly who I was, even with all that make-up caked on.

"I know but we've got a surprise for some of them and we want you, Brian, and some of the others to go and represent us."

"Sure, when do we do this?"

"In two hours."

So Julia had her work cut out for her as she hurried to fix up the Belle's blue dress and her gown. Luckily Angela and I were close to the same size, except I was just a little bit smaller.

While she was working, I went to get my make-up done. Brian and some of the others were already there getting ready. Brian had his make-up done and now he was getting his fur on, "Excited to see the children?" I asked him taking a seat in the spinning chair beside him.

"Of course, thankfully I don't have to wear the Beast costume the whole time. I'd scare all the kids." He joked. "Do you know what we're doing there?"

"I imagine we're just going to walk around and say hi to all the kids. Don't be surprised if they ask you to sing. Manny said they've got a little surprise for some of the kids too but he won't tell what it is." Brian nodded, understanding the job he was just thrown into.

When everything was finished, Brian, Julia, me, and a few others drove over to the hospital where we met Mary Singer who is in charge of this meet-and-greet. She explained the same thing that Manny did while showing us to a room we could change in. I started out in the Opening dress and began to stroll around the pediatrics wing.

The looks on the kids faces brightened when they saw me walk through their door. I would act just like Belle for them, talking to them about the story as if it was real life. For those who were older, I talked to them about putting the show on, answering their questions about everything.

As a surprise for most of the kids, I handed them tickets to the show. All of them smiled and thanked me. I took multiple pictures with them, signing the programs we gave all the children. I promised them that I would see them soon for all the children were going to gather in a bigger room where me and the other actors will put on a short show for them.

I just finished with the last room and was headed to fix up my make-up when someone called my name. Behind me stood Tyler, one of the Community Relations guys with the Blackhawks.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" He said as he approached Julia and I.

"I'm doing some promoting. What are you doing here?" I hissed as nicely as I could.

"The same as you. The Hawks Organization wanted to get some of the guys out to get ready for playoffs."

"Who's here?" Julia asked.

"Your boys and Crawford. They obviously didn't tell you."

"Where are they?"

"They're talking to some kids. Kara can I just say, you have made Belle my favorite Disney Princess."

"How sweet. Well I need to get changed." I turned on my heel and headed to change.

"Who the hell was that slime ball?" Julia asked once we turned the corner.

"He works with the Community Relations people with the Hawks."

"He creeps me out."

"Tell me about it."

I couldn't go anywhere in the front office at the united Center without Tyler hitting on me. He thinks he so smooth. Apparently no one has told him just how creepy he is. Maybe I can get Julia to tell him.

"Have you told Pat that this guy hits on you?"

"Oh god no. Pat will lay him out." Julia laughed.

"That's what I'm hoping for." She said smoothing out my dress. Once I was ready, I met the Beastly Brian outside along with a few of the other characters. I placed my hand on his as we walked to this room. We had turned a corner in the hallway, we were greeted by three Blackhawk jerseys. The three guys started to clap once they saw us. Brian and I played along and bowed to them.

"And I thought Tazer looked good today. Kara, you are the Belle of the Ball." Corey said.

"I didn't know you were coming here too."

"We were told this morning." I answered Patrick, "Guys, this is Brian. He's playing the Beast." I introduced my co-worker to my friends.

"It's nice to meet you guys. I'm big fans." Brian said. The three hockey players nodded their appreciation.

"Where are you headed?" Pat asked.

"A room down the hall. We're singing to the kids."

"We'll have to stop by them won't we?" Corey suggested. The two groups parted ways after a quick good bye.

Mary Singer was standing in the front of the room talking to the Children," We have some very special guests here today. Maybe you've seen them walking around but they're here to tell you a story of true love. Boys and girls, I'm happy to introduce to you, your story teller, Belle."

I took that as my cue and entered the room and waved at the children as I made my way next to Mary, "Hello everyone. How are you today?" The children all called out their answers. "That's great. I'm happy to be here with all of you. And I know a few of my friends are happy to see you as well."

I continued by telling them the tale of Beauty and the Beast; explaining the curse and Belle's life in the village and singing "Belle," getting some of the characters that came along to sing along with me.

The time went on as I told the story adding in a few of the songs such as, "Me" the kids laughing along at the silliness, "Be Out Guest" which we got a few of the kids to sing and dance along with us, and "Something There." Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and even Chip sang "Human Again" as Brian and I dressed in the formal attire.

Mrs. Potts continued the story as the other characters stepped to the side and made way for Belle and the Beast's entrance during "Beauty and the Beast." Brian and I waltzed around the room best we could, even splitting up to dance with a few of the children.

In the time we were telling the story, I hadn't noticed the three Blackhawk players standing in the back until Patrick was shoved forward. His cheeks burned red as I curtsied to him. He awkwardly bowed and took my hand, my other hand was on his shoulder while his was on my waist as we danced to the last few minutes of the song. I kissed his cheek before he went back with his friends and I continued the story.

I told a very short version of the village attacking and the battle between Gaston and the Beast up until the Beast's transformation.

For added affect, the lights turned off and the children cracked their glow sticks they were given. The once ugly Beast transformed into, well Brian in his formal attire. The children, and the adults that stopped by, clapped as Brian and I stood there looking deeply into each others eyes, playing off the roles.

The chorus of actors broke out into the "Beauty and the Beast: Reprise" and at the end the children let out cries of cheers, clapping loud. Each actor gave a bow to their audience and when I was up, I could hear the three boys in the back whooping and hollering.

The children were given a chance to come and talk to us. Many of them came up to Brian and I taking a picture with us. The parents thanked us for the performance and hoped that we'd do it again for other shows.

Brian and I separated as I went to some of the children asking them how they liked the performance. It brought tears to my eyes that I had to blink back as all of them hugged me.

The girl that was behind a five year old was much older, probably around her teen years. She stood next to, who I assumed, was her mother. The girl had a pink bandanna on her head, "I'm Amanda," She introduced,"You did a amazing job. You're the best Belle I've ever seen."

"Thank you." I said as she gave me a hug.

"I remember when I saw Susan Egan play Belle. You're just as good as her." Amanda's mother told me.

"I wish we could see you on stage." Amanda said, "We weren't able to get tickets. The show sold out opening night." Amanda answered as she understood my confusion.

"You couldn't get tickets?"

"And Amanda is a big fan of the theatre." Her mother added.

"I want to work back stage one day." That's when I got an idea.

"That's great Amanda. Never lose your faith in your dreams."

"Kara-er, Belle?" Patrick asked beside me, his hand touching the small of my back.

"Oh wow...you're Patrick Kane. I'm a big fan." Amanda said to Pat who smiled back.

"Thanks."

"Congratulations on the engagement. We're all very happy for you." Amanda's mom said, taking Pat and I by surprise. I hadn't realized that the news had spread so much. I understood that some of the hockey world would know but I didn't think it was that well known.

"You should make your wedding song "Beauty and the Beast." Amanda suggested, laughing at the thought. Pat and I laughed along, just a little awkwardly. Not many people approach us about the engagement, let alone talk to us about the wedding.

"Alright everyone, it's time to let Belle and her friends go home. Can we thank them for stopping by?" Mary called out, getting everyone to yell out their thanks.

My fellow actors and I waved as we walked out of the room and back to the other one to change.

"We'll wait outside for you." Pat said giving me a kiss before I went in to change. Once in the room, all of us let out a cheer for a job well done. We changed, packed up the costumes, and washed off our make-up, coming out of the fairy tale and into reality.

I was the last to exit the room, everyone going ahead to pack up the car. I carried my gym bag and was saying goodbye to Mary Singer when I saw Tyler leaning against the wall by the elevator.

"I have to hand it to you Kara, you really know how to perform. Is there a way I can get my own showing?" He said with a wink.

"In your dreams." I mumbled stepping onto the elevator. Tyler got in as well.

"You know it babe. But I'm sure you're more than just a beauty. I bet there's a beast in there somewhere." He looked me up and down suggestively.

"Say one more perverted thing to me and I'll make sure that no one realizes you're missing."

"As long as you're with me." He took a step closer to me.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I hurried off and towards the parking lot. The guys were standing with Julia and the others chatting, obviously waiting for me.

"There she is!" Brian yelled out.

"Sorry about that. I just wanted to thank Mary." I said, slightly out of breath from practically running away from Tyler.

"Are you okay?' Pat asked realizing my uneven breathing. I nodded but noticed his eyes glance behind me. Tyler approached us with that sleazy smirk on his face.

"We ready to go?" Julia asked, even though her, and the two other Blackhawks attention was focused on Tyler. Brian and the others climbed into the cars we came in as Julia and I said goodbye to the guys.

"I'll see you back at the house." Pat whispered, kissing my cheek, his eyes still on Tyler. I climbed into the car with Julia and we headed back to the theatre to drop off the costumes.

---

"Kara, what was going on with you and Tyler?" Julia asked as we to Pat and I's apartment.

"Besides the fact that he continued hitting on me? Nothing, why?"

"It was just weird to see you out of breath and then him with a satisfied, creepy smirk on his face."

"That's just Tyler. It was absolutely nothing." I assured her as I let us in. Inside, Pat and Jon were hunched over the counter in the kitchen, their talking quieted as we walked in.

"Hello boys." Julia said taking her coat off and walking over to Jon who kissed her cheek, "Ready for the game tonight?"

"When aren't we?" Jon answered.

"How was practice?" I asked them, starting up the HotShot for some tea.

"Light. Don't want to be too tired for the game."

Pat stood there quietly. He hadn't even looked at me since I walked in and I knew this was bad.

"We should get going. I'll see you at the game." Julia must of noticed the elephant in the room and excused her and Jon.

"I'm gonna take a nap." Pat mumbled walking to the bedroom. I know he's upset about something but I gave him his space, letting him sleep it off.

I started on Pat's pregame meal and checked some email. The most recent message was from the Hospital sending their thanks to everyone that stopped by. That's when I remembered.

I pulled my phone from my purse and found Manny's number, "Kara, what can I do for you?"

"I was hoping for a favor. At the hospital--"

"Oh yes! How did it go?" I explained how everything went, telling him that we handed out the tickets.

"I was wondering if I could get a few tickets and passes for opening night." I told him.

"Opening night is sold out."

"I know but I met a young woman who loves theatre, she even wants to work backstage one day. She couldn't get the tickets because they were sold out and I was hoping we could invite her and her family backstage before and after the show." Manny was quiet for a few minutes, probably thinking it over.

"I'm sure we can get something for them. I'll see what I can do Kara."

"Thank you so much Manny. I promise to make it up to you."

"Just make sure people come back to the show."

When I hung up, I smiled. I remember being there when kids would stop by the arena for their "Make-A-Wish" and I always loved seeing the kids meet their heroes and getting a tour of the arena. Here was my chance to do something for Amanda and her family and I just hoped Manny was able to pull some strings.

"That was really nice of you." Patrick's voice startled me. He was standing in the doorway in just a pair of sweats.

"I thought you were sleeping." I said turning to the stove. I noticed the clock said it was a half an hour since Pat first went to the room.

"I'm having a hard time sleeping." His voice was closer, beside me, leaning against the counter.

"Why's that?"

"I'm just curious...do you have a thing for that guy in CR?" I just laughed at the thought.

"Please Pat, you'd find his picture next to the word 'creeper' in the dictionary."

"'Cause it seemed a little odd to see you out of breath and that look on his face like he just got laid." I stopped stirring the pasta and looked at him.

"You really think I'd cheat on you...with him? Wow Pat."

"His he the one that sent those flowers?"

"He's not classy enough to do it. All he does is hit on me."

"He hit's on you? Why haven't you told me before?" He stood straight up, his hands on his hips.

"Because you'd act like this. And I can take care of myself."

"Kara, if some guy is hitting on you, you need to tell me...so I can kick his ass."

"You'll get in trouble if you do that."

"If I see his face tonight I'll--" He started.

"Patrick. Stop. He's not going to do anything anyways."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because he knows that you'll kill him."

"Damn straight I will." He said, putting his arms around my waist. "I'm seriously considering locking you up someplace. If one more person starts to fall in love with you, I will. Don't doubt me Kara."

"I can't help I'm just so amazing."

"You've been hanging out with Tazer too much." He teased, placing his lips on mine.

I let out a squeak when my feet left the ground and Pat carried me to the bedroom, "Pat, the stove is still on. The place is going to burn down." I said in between giggles. He dropped me onto the bed then left the room, coming back with a smile on his face.

"Crisis averted."
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time since I last updated. Sorry about that. I've had writers block with both my stories but thankfully I got something out there.

This one is pretty long, and I'm sorry about that, so I'm gonna split this one up with the next chapter. The next one might not be as long but I thought it be best to split it up so there's something new to read. I promise to do my best.

I hope all of you had a great holiday and your New Year is good to you. Thanks for everything!

Keep reading, commenting, and subscribing!!

With love, <3