*** in the Dark

Belle

Jason grabbed my blood soaked hand and turned me to face him, anger flaring in his beautiful eyes

“What the hell was that? What the fuck happened back there?” Jason hissed letting anger seep into his voice.

“Shut up!” I screamed, spittle flying from my mouth, my breathing heavy and ragged.

He looked taken aback, his eyes widening in shock.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, as he pulled me into his arms and slowly stroked my long blonde hair, now matted and clumped with blood.

“Go clean up babe and I’ll go find the others.” Jason said after I had pulled away.

I reluctantly agreed and started to make my way to the house when Jason grabbed my arm and pulled me back into one last kiss, his lips making me forget everything for one glorious moment. Then he pulled away and reality hit me cold and hard, as I watched him walk away. I felt so strong standing barefoot and bloody on the cold, wet grass. I was taking action with everything that was happening and I was glad. I wasn’t going to be weak. a small smile escaped from my lips and as I too walked away into the night.

After washing my face and brushing through my hair as best I could, I set out to find someone, anyone. This night had gone on for too long and it had been ruined. I walked along the hallway my friends and I had once snuck through to fill up water balloons. It seemed like so long ago now.

My nerves were going wild.

Where was everyone?

I sat down, my back sliding down the wall as I rested. It was so frustrating I couldn’t find anyone anywhere; and more anger was bubbling up inside me.

I stood up and broke into a jog towards the theatre; I’d seen a shadow thrown across the lawn. It had to be them.

I was out of breath when I broke through the theatre doors, I hunched in a feeble attempt to try and catch my breath.

Slowly I rose and as I did I looked into a familiar face.

“There you are.” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
by Brianna Dunn