*** in the Dark

Jason

I walked away from Belle her small figure slowly fading into the darkness. I felt bad about leaving her the way I did but right now what we both needed was to find the others.

I walked past the pools of blood on the once green lawn, Marty was no long laying across the ground but propped up against a tree his eyes were still open and his chest was rising and falling slowly as he struggled to breathe.

I walked over and knelt down beside him, his face was a deadly shade of white, his eye lids and his lips a purple blue colour. He didn’t have long left. His lips parted as he looked up at me.

“Jason...Belle...she’s a...bitch...Jada...she’s...” Marty started, but I didn’t let him finish.

Belle was the sweetest person ever, she was my girl and I loved her, I wasn’t going to let anyone bad mouth her even if they were on their death bed and it was one of my close friends. She meant everything to me, she was my world. And Jada, sweet Jada, who was my best friend and had always been there for me. A spark of anger coursed its way through my body as my fist came up and connected with Marty’s chin.

This wasn’t how the night was supposed to go, everything had turned out wrong.

Suddenly I saw a figure running, running to the theatre.

I stood up and jogged away after the figure.

I had to find Belle, I needed to find Belle. I needed to be there for her, to protect her and keep her safe. It was a bad idea splitting up.

An image of her appeared in my mind. She cared so much but I was only one that seemed to understand. I could see her, standing there, anger flaring in her eyes. I knew though that was just dealing with the loss of everyone leaving. Soon they would realise how much she truly loved them.

I jogged towards the back entrance to the theatre hoping desperately that she was there. As I got closer I heard grunting and arguing coming from within, I picked up my pace, if she needed me I’d be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was by Brianna also