Status: umm...I'm working on it...

Lauren and I

Prologue

(Keith’s POV)

“EMMET!!! GET BACK HERE!!!” I shouted as I ran after my best friend on tour as he ran around the stage with my precious bass, Betsy.
“You want your guitar Harkin, you’re just gonna have to chase me for it!” the damned bastard shouted over his shoulder as he took a sharp turn to the right towards the girls dressing room. Trying to roll my eyes while I run is pretty hard, but somehow I managed to attempt to do so as I make that sharp turn after him. I catch up to him just before he tries to shimmy his way into the girls’ dressing room.
“Thank you very much sir.” I spat as I ripped my poor, poor guitar out of his hands.
“You’re pathetic Harkin; I hope that you know that.” He says with a laugh. I just smack him upside the head. He goes to protest and hit me back, but the forty-two year old Scotsman stopped him.
“Cut it out you two, you’ve been going at it for about two hours. Now, Ryan, Danny, and myself are going to go and take a tour of the city and we, well actually Danny, was wondering if you wanted to come.” George Donaldson said. I looked at Emmet and shrugged.
“You up for it Cahill?” I ask, knowing that if he said no, I would probably stay behind since I’ve toured Boston sooo many times.
“Sure, why not? I would like to see the city, I hear that it’s grand.” He says with a laugh as I start to groan.
“I guess that I’ll go to.” I sigh as I follow him and George outside towards the tour buses where everyone who was going was waiting. Little did I know, that going out with them would be the best decision that I have ever made in well, my whole entire life…sort of.
“So, is that dome really made of all gold?” thirteen year old Daniel “Danny” Furlong asked as we walked past the State Building on our way out of the Boston Common.
“It sure was laddie, every single speck of it.” I state as I ruffled his hair and shoved him to my side. I LOVED messing with that kid…it was just sooo much craic.
“WOW.” Was all the thirteen year old was able to say. Everyone just laughs as we turn down the rode that would bring us towards the center of the town, towards where the Boston Massacre took place. I’m not sure who it was, but I think it was Ryan, that said something so funny that it made me laugh so hard that I managed to stop paying attention to where I was going, which caused me to walk right into this small, petite body, knocking the person over.
“Way to go Keith.” I heard Emmet say as I bent down to help what I now know to be a girl up.
“I’m soo sorry lass! I should’ve been paying attention to where I was going. Sorry.” I said as I handed her her bag that she had dropped when I knocked her over. She laughed, pushed her long blond hair out of her eyes, and said,
“’Tis fine, honestly. No harm was done to me at all and I think that all that hurt you was your pride.” She must’ve seen the confused look on my face, because she then pointed towards the other lads, who were now doubling over with laughter as Danny and Emmet imitated me knocking over this poor girl.
“Are you sure?” I ask, taking in the chance to get a better look at her. With these beautiful, big, blue eyes, perfect shaped, pinked lips, and like I had said before, her long blond hair that reached just above her waist, she looked a LOT like my ex-girlfriend, the only girl that I have ever loved, Lauren.
(Lauren’s POV)
“Yes, I am 100 percent sure that I am okay. But, if you want to make it up to me, you could buy me a cup of coffee at Starbucks over there.” I said slyly as I putted to the infamous Starbucks with the steaming gold pot. The man who had knocked me over just laughed and said,
“Alright, whatever you say lass, I’ll go and buy you your cup of coffee.” I smile and think “YES!” to myself, because I knew that I wasn’t going to get through my job at the dance studio and then the restaurant without the cup of coffee and since I had absolutely no money on me what so ever…
“Thank you sooo much! Now c’mon, I need to get that coffee in me before I have to be at work in an hour.” I say as I foolishly grab his hand and pull him along with me towards the Starbucks. He laughs this melodious, infectious laugh as he follows me. Just being in this situation and with him laughing, I start to laugh to.
As I sit down at this booth in the corner as this stranger goes up and buys the latte that I had told him that I wanted, I think about something (well, more like a person) that I haven’t thought about in years…my old boyfriend Keith from back home in Derry, Ireland. I thought about all the similarities that this stranger of a man shared with him; the long, shaggy, blond hair, those beautiful, enchanting blue eyes, and he even had that same Derry accent that both Keith and once myself had.
“One caramel latte coming right up.” The man says as he sits down across from me. I smile, thank him, and then say,
“I guess that I should probably tell you my name.” He chuckles lightly to himself and says,
“Yeah, that might be a good idea.”
“It’s Lauren,” I say. “Lauren Curtain.” I watched with utmost fascination as his eyebrows shoot up and his eyes widen with shock. It takes him a moment to say something, but when he does, it’s my turn to be shocked.
“The name’s Keith, Keith Harkin.” I gasp. No wonder this man shared so many similarities with my ex-boyfriend Keith…it’s because THIS is Keith…
Oh my God…
♠ ♠ ♠
well...this will get better...i promise...so PLEASE READ, COMMENT, and SUBSCRIBE!!! in that order please...thanks!!!!