Status: umm...I'm working on it...

Lauren and I

Chapter 2

(Keith’s POV)

“Hey guys!” I gasped as I ran into the back entrance if the Wang Theatre after sprinting the whole way from the Starbucks to where we were all performing tonight.
“What the hell took you so long man? And who was that girl?” Emmet started and Ryan finished. I hunched over while trying to catch my breath. When I was somewhat able to breath, I told them,
“That was…” But, I couldn’t finish. I wasn’t sure that it was the right time to tell them that the girl from the streets of Boston was my ex and the girl from the song that I wrote when this group first started.
“Who was it?” Emmet exclaimed, obviously shocked by my lack of response.
“That was just some girl that I just met. I felt bad that I knocked her over and she said that I could make it up to her by buying her a coffee, so I did.” I finished with a shrug. I know that they could tell that I was lying, but they too shrugged it off and changed the topic.
“Anyway, Sharon wants you to get ready for the first set because you get to do M and G’s with Danny tonight.” Ryan informed me.
“Shit,” I muttered under my breath. “Alright,” I said louder, “but you guys tell Sharon that she owes me one…big time. Especially since this is my fourth meet and greet in a row.” I cursed again and then walked off to get ready, continuing with the silent prayers that I had started earlier that Lauren will come tonight.

(Lauren’s POV)

“Hello class! How are you guys all doing today?” I asked as I walked into the dance studio that I am currently working at. My class of twenty-two nine year olds all chorused, “Good!” I smiled and said,
“Great! Now, how about for starters we all work on our dance routine for the show next month, and then we’ll work on some new stuff. Okay?” The group of girls all said “yes” and took their places on the floor.
Two hours and a half hours later, the last girl was being picked up and I was just getting my bag of stuff ready to go home and lock up for the night. As I drove home from the third job that I work, a little nagging voice in my head kept reminding me about Keith’s show tonight.
“Who cares about him?” I muttered to myself. “He’s just gonna come back and break my heart all over again and besides, after tonight we’ll never see each other again anyway.” Wanting to just drone out all my thoughts, I turned on the radio and cranked it as loud as I could. The voices of Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, and Luke Bryan filled my head the rest of the ride back to my house.
That night in bed, after watching re-runs of NCIS for five hours, I thought to myself,
“Keith who?” And then I deleted him from my contacts.

(Keith’s POV)
She didn’t come. She didn’t even call. A part of me is relieved, but the other part of me is heartbroken. I really wanted to see her again...especially since I was going to force myself to have the guts to apologize to her for the first time since our big break-up.
“Hey Keith, do you want to go to The Harp with us tonight?” Neil asked as him and myself put our guitars back in their proper cases. Wanting to just be alone and wallow in my own self pity, I rejected the proposal. Neil just shrugged and walked away to tell the guys my answer.
That night, as I sat alone in my bunk in the tour bus, I took out my guitar and started playing a song that I wrote in hope to fix everything. Only, I never got around to playing it for Lauren, for she left the day after I wrote it. Without any word at all, taking my heart with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
well??? how was it??? PLEASE REVIEW and let me knowwww!!!! THANKS!!!!
now REVIEW!!!!
meaghan