Status: umm...I'm working on it...

Lauren and I

Chapter 4

(Lauren's POV)

I sucked up all my pride and fear, took a deep breath, and walked over to the back table.

"Hello boys, my name is Lauren and I am your waitress today. Now, what can I start you off to drink today?" I say as cheerfully as I can while taking out my pad and pen, ignoring Keith's shocked look the whole entire time. After taking their orders, I walked off before Keith, who looked like he wanted to open his mouth and say something to me from the moment he saw me.

"Here you guys go." I say as I come back with the drinks. All the guys at the table said "thanks" as I placed each drink in front of the guy who ordered that specific drink.

"Now, do you guys know what you want or do you want me to come back in a little bit?" I asked as I once again pulled out my pad and pen.

"I think that we are set to order now. Um, I'll have..." And then they all went down the line, engrossing me with their accents, making me wish that I tried a little bit harder to hod onto mine. Finally, it was Keith's turn to say what he wanted. He didn't reply right away, and that aggravated me because the sooner I got done with this table, the sooner I could go home and have a good hour nap before I had to start up my shift at one of my other jobs.

"Are you gonna order or not sir because I don't have all day." I say as I put my hand on my waist. Keith looks me right in the eyes, cracks a small smile and says,

"Ya, how about a second chance by going out with me later tonight." I gasp, not expecting that. Of course he just had to ask me that in front of his friends. Once I compose myself together, I smile sweetly at him and say,

"Not gonna happen. Now, would you please order your food or you're gonna get nothing." Keith glowered at me before shrugging and giving me his order.

"Okay then, I'll go and place your orders again. And Keith, I swear if you try anything like that again I'm gonna have you kicked out and then call the police and ress charges for assault." And then, I haughtily walked away, completely beyond pissed at the stunt he just pulled. But then, as I sat down to wait for their food to finish cooking, I couldn't stop thinking about how I wouldn;t have minded going out with him and that got me to thinking,

"What if I still haven't gotten over him and what if deep down I still love him?"

(Keith's POV)

"Keith, what the hell was that?" Ryan asked as I watched Lauren walk away from me...again. I just shrug and take a sip of my guiness.

"Ya man, what made you ask her out? And how the fuck does she even know who you are?" Emmet asked. I say nothing, too embaressed to say anything. Truth was, I don't know what possessed me to ask her out. It was just a spur of the moment thing that I now completely regret.

"Holy shit, that was the girl you ran into yesterday wasn't it!?!" Emmet exclaimed. Still too shock at my actions to speak, I just simply nodded.

"You knew her from before yesterday, didn't you?" Neil now asked me. Once again, I just nodded.

"How?" George asked.

"Jeez, what is this? Twenty Questions? And she used to be my girlfriend." I told them simply. They all stared at me in shock and some of the guys who've known me for awhile lit up like a lightbulb and gasped,

"She's the girl from your song isn't she?"

"Ya, she is." I mutter as I watched Lauren talk rapidly with one of the other waitresses here, her huge, beautiful smile plastered on her face as the conversation went on.

"What happened between the two of you, she looks like a keeper." Neil says as he follows my gaze and watches Lauren with me. The other guys did the same, but their attention was turned back to me when I sadly said,

"I took her heart, broke it, and then stomped on the pieces."

"What? How?" All the guys asked at once. I opened my mouth to tell the story, but was cut off by a now bubbly voice saying,

"Orders up everybody!" Lauren was back, and she looked a lot happier than she had when she had left. After she passed out our food, she turned to me and said hesitantly,

"So Keith, does that date you offered earlier still stand?"
♠ ♠ ♠
well, howwww was it???? PLEASE REVIEW guys...i know you're reading this so i would love some reviews!!! THANKS!!!
-meaghan