‹ Prequel: Lots of Love, Mike

Faithfully Yours

The Letter

This is the sequel to my story Lots of Love Mike x (link)

Tre was looking for Stella’s sunglasses in her bedside drawer. Everyone was out in the garden having a barbeque when he’d noticed Stella squinting in the sunshine.

”Do you want me to get your sunglasses for you sweetheart?” He had said coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Its OK, I’ll get them Tre, you’ve done enough today,” she said turning to him and kissing him on the end of his nose.

“Its fine,” said Tre. “You stay and watch Jessie, she’s worn me out this afternoon,” he said then chuckled and went off into the house.

She watched him go. She loved him so much; everything had worked out so well for them. She’d been living with Tre for a year now and everything was perfect but sometimes she felt that everything was too perfect and she got frightened, worried that it could all come crashing down around her.

There they are thought Tre reaching to the back of the drawer for the glasses but as he brought them out the arm of the glasses caught on something. It was a letter in an envelope and it fell to the floor.

Bending over, Tre recognised the writing on the front as Stella’s and the address was Mikes. His stomach lurched. This must be the letter. The letter that Stella had sent to Mike explaining that he, Tre was the father of her child.

It was open across the top. It would only take a minute to read he thought. A year ago everyone thought that he had read it and realised that way that Jessica was his daughter but he didn’t read the letter, he’d just looked at the photograph of Jessica and realised straight away what the letter would tell him. They were so alike, him and his little princess.

He adored his little Jessica.

Walking over to the window he looked out into the garden and watched everyone having good fun and his eyes stopped at Stella who was laughing up at something Mike had said. They always shared something those two thought Tre, always laughing at little things that they used to write to each other, I suppose they would, they’d been friends and written now for 24 years. Of course they’d be like that thought Tre.

Having second thoughts Tre took out the letter and decided to read it. He’d actually forgotten about the letter until he’d seen it just now.

What would be the harm? They’d all thought he’d read it anyway. They’d all read it, Billie, Adrienne, Mike, Michelle, all read it and knew what was inside.

So he took the letter out of the envelope, unfolded it and read.

Dear Mike

You don’t know how hard it is for me to write this letter, very hard. You know, I’ve always loved writing to you, it is just so easy to write to you and I’ve poured my heart out to you many a time in the past haven’t I?

I firstly have to apologise for not keeping in touch with you. I had my reasons, may be I was kind of embarrassed after we slept together that weekend. I mistakenly thought that there could have been something between us but that night, it was just a mutual thing between us, but I knew the very next morning that there never would be anything between us.

I have been keeping something secret from you and I’m ashamed. I’ve enclosed a photograph of a little girl, my little girl who you know nothing about. One person knows about her and that is Michelle and I’ve copied this letter to her, I hope you don’t mind.

She’s my little girl, mine and Tres, yes Tres and I’m disgusted with myself to say this but he doesn’t know. You are the only one apart from Michelle that now knows. I can’t face Tre and I feel I’ve left things too long and don’t know what to do about it. May be you could tell him. I feel so awful about this but I feel that at this moment there is a huge gap between us. I think its time he knew but I can’t just call him up on the phone and blurt it out, you are one of his best friends and if you can, may be you can tell him.

It’s a lot to ask of you Mike but you’ve always been there for me. Actually Tre has always been there too and we kind of had a little thing going a very long time ago but nothing came of it.

Once again I am apologising for my behaviour

Lots of Love

Stella xx

Ps. The beautiful girl in the picture, my girl is called Jessica. Of course I called her Jessica, what other name would I pick for an angel?


Tre felt sick. So she slept with Mike that weekend too and when she found out she was pregnant she wouldn’t have known who was the father.

Shit. He wished he hadn’t read the letter now, this news had devastated him.

Looking out of the window once more he saw his little 3 1/2 year old, Jessica walk over to Uncle Mike who picked her up immediately and the three of them, Mike, Jessica and Stella stood there giggling and laughing at something.

Tre felt hot and jealous all of a sudden as he put the letter away into its envelope, put the envelope back into the drawer and closed it.

Picking up the sunglasses Tre headed back downstairs and out into the garden.

They were still together, the three of them he noticed and Tre felt a kind of hatred for Mike well up in him.