‹ Prequel: Lots of Love, Mike

Faithfully Yours

Liar

Stella bent and picked the envelope up from the doormat and recognised the writing straightaway. Adrienne’s. Now why would Adrienne be writing to me? She thought.

Sitting at the kitchen table she read the letter that Adrienne had sent her.

Dear Stella

I am so sorry that I left without speaking to you. Things have been a little hard between Billie and myself just lately and its all my fault because I’m pregnant.

Billie doesn’t know, I’m three months pregnant but the thing is Stella, Billie said ages ago that he doesn’t want any more children, that he’s quite happy with his two boys. I’m a little scared to tell him as he’s busy trying to write a new album at the moment and I don’t want to rock the boat.

My mind has been working overtime just lately remembering that Jessie was pregnant all those years ago, wondering what they would have had if she’d kept it, would it have been a, girl or boy? Its stupid, I know but I don’t know what to do. I don’t think there is room in Billie’s life for another little person, he found it hard with the other two, working and looking after us.

I have to decide whether to keep my baby and go home and tell Billie about it or to just may be get rid of the baby and then he’ll never know. After that we can get back to normal as though this never happened.

I thought I’d let you know my situation, as you’ve become a dear friend to me over the years and I just needed to share these feelings with someone.

Please don’t tell Billie I’ve written, I plan to make my decision over the next few days.

Lots of Love
Adrienne x


Stella was horrified. What was wrong with her friend? Of course Billie would want another child wouldn’t he? Then she herself had doubts, he often said that he was glad his boys were older and he didn’t want to be an old Dad. May be Adrienne was right, but to get rid of Billie’s baby without telling him would surely devastate him unless she planned on never telling him at all.

Stella had a headache coming but she was not surprised, this had shocked her receiving this letter and the worst thing about it was that she wanted to tell Tre. He would know what to do but she felt she’d betray her friends if she told him. She didn’t know what to do for the best.

She shoved the letter in her dressing gown pocket and got on with making a start on everyone’s breakfast.

Tre watched Stella stuff what looked like a letter into her dressing gown pocket. What on earth was that?

“Morning sweetheart,” he said entering the kitchen.

“Oh, hi you,” said Stella coming over to him and putting her arms around his waist and putting her head against his chest.

“Any mail this morning?” said Tre, his warm breath tickling the top of her head.

“Not this morning honey, no,” said Stella hating to have to lie to him. She loved him so much, he was the love of her life and she hated lying to him. May be she should just tell him, may be when she’d thought about it a little more she’d tell him about Adrienne’s letter but for now she’d keep it to herself until she decided what to do.

She’s lying to me thought Tre. She had a letter in her hand and she’s lying to me. Why would she do that? He loosened his grip on her, disappointed. He thought she loved him but he’d started having doubts just lately. Who the fuck was the letter from? Was it Mike? Had they started having a relationship and started writing to each other again? Were they love letters? It was eating at him but there was nothing he could do. Stella had lied to him and he never thought she would.

**

As Ryan woke up in his room he glanced around him. He was so happy here, living here in California with his Mum, Tre and little sister Jessie. Tre was good to him, he always had been but he’d never be his real father. Sometimes he wondered what had happened to his real father and remembered reading some of the letters his mother had written back and forth to Mike and he was sure they mentioned his father in them.

When his mum had gone out he’d decided to look for those letters.

He wanted to find out more about this father but he wouldn’t tell his Mom what he was doing as he knew that she would put a stop to it.