Status: close

Buried By True Love

House Hunting

The next morning we met at my parent’s house and set out early. We looked at houses of many sorts.
The first we looked at was beach houses. They were pretty. We found one that I really liked. It had a Jacuzzi and a hot tub. I liked this house but Jacob liked one that had a pretty view of the ocean. It had a balcony and other stuff that was nice but I still liked the other house. This one didn’t have a Jacuzzi so I didn’t want it.
The next was a house in the suburbs. It wasn’t a place I’d want to live because it was different. I didn’t like it so right away we moved on. Jacob agreed with me, he didn’t want to live in the suburbs. I thought about living in an urban area but then I quickly changed my mind on that one.
We decided that because everyone loved the beach house that we looked at first, we were going to buy that one. We talked to my parents and they said that was fine and that they would pay half of the price. Halley said she would pay some more of it but she couldn’t pay the rest of it. Jake paid the rest of it so we ended up not paying for it at all. This is why I loved my friends they were always there for me. They’ve seen at my worst and they’ve been there for me since 3rd grade. They are amazing.
Jacob thought so too because they were thoughtful enough to pay for our house. I knew they would always be there for me. They loved me and I knew that, they would never leave my side. They would help through the toughest of times and they would be loyal till the end.
We headed home. We were all in the same car. Jacob was driving and I was in the front passenger holding his baby smooth hand and singing along with the girls.
“… Time stands still, beauty in all she is. I will be brave; I will not let anything take away what’s standing in front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this. One step closer. I have died every day, waiting for you. Darling don’t be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And I’ll love you for a thousand more. And all along, I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me I have loved you for a thousand years. I’ll love you for a thousand more…”
“You girls are odd,” Jacob said laughing and kissing my hand.
“Yeah, but that’s why you love us,” Jade said ruffling his hair.
“Yep, that’s why,” Brittany agreed laughing with them.
“Especially me,” I said teasing. Everyone loved me I was the loudest person in the group. I was always screaming random things like “monkey ducks,” everyone thought I was retarded, but they still loved me no matter what.
“Hey girls, maybe when we move in to our house we will have a house warming party and we can have everyone come that we know,” I said trying to be serious and epically failing at it.
“Yeah good idea babe. We could invite a lot of people and have your friends and my friends stay later after the party ends and we can hang out and talk, and the guys can watch the game, and the girls can go up stairs to our room and watch a chic flick,” Jacob said as I leaned on his shoulder.
“Awww, why don’t you watch it with us?” I asked laughing.
“Because we don’t do chic flicks,” he said, “But if it makes you happy we all can watch a movie together,” he said, trying to make me feel better obviously.
“Yay!” we all yelled together.