Soon My Friend

Log 12 - Running out of options

I was finally in the spaceship. Victor stood with his arms crossed and gave me a giggle every time our eyes met. I had my suit on, ready for anything that could possibly happen. We sat ourselves down and buckled out belts, ready for take off.

I put my head back and closed my eyes, ignoring the glares given to me by Victor. I have to say, I do have many regrets for deciding to bring him along, but he did say that he knows my secret. Right now I can't risk anything.

I can't have him ruin everything I've been working so hard for. He can easily destroy my plan and ruin Earth by simply telling the wrong person.

The men that were accompanying me started speaking, they were preparing for take off. I held on closely to my chair and closed my eyes hard. Victor giggled and I opened my eyes, glaring at him.

"What's so funny?" I asked, fiercely, trying to sound a bit tough.

"You're scared, aren't you? I'm just so amazed what a wuss you are. Now I know that my plan will work. Thank you." he smiled and put his head back. I closed my eyes and put my head back once more. I felt the ship going back and I heard the heat from under my shoes.

"Hold on."

We were all pushed back, this might mean that we have a bad take off. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep and ignore everything that could possibly happen during the next couple of hours.

"Bad take off, but we're good." one of the men said and the rest of them cheered. I looked over at Victor who had somewhat of a grin in his face, but the same stupid smile.

~~~

I woke up some time later. It's been a couple days, I'd say. I was floating in the air, something I always dreamed of doing.

"Hey, a breach happened. Do you think you can repair it, Atlas?" one of the men asked.

"Sure, I'll go."

"I'll go with him." Victor said, somehow still sitting.

"No-,"

"It's alright, I'm taking Victor. He's had the same amount of training as Damen, and no offense but I trust him more." they all looked confused out of my chosen words.

I went to put on the suit on, getting everything ready for the repair. Victor floated beside me, attempting to put his suit on as well.

"Do you know what's going to happen out there?" he asked.

"Of course I do, I'm gonna repair the-,"

"Just watch out, okay?" he interrupted.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It's not a hard sentence to understand."

He floated away. I followed him towards the door where they would be opening and letting us out. We all had our suits on and our helmets. They slowly opened the door and Victor and I walked out.

I walked towards the breach, it looked as if someone tempered with it just before waking.

A hand came from the corner of my eye and knew it was him. Before I could react it was too late. I felt being grabbed and I turned. Victor, with his strength pulled the hose that connected to my air supply. I felt the wind being sucked out of my body as my body became exposed to the extreme temperature and vacuum of space.

Everything was happening so quick , so I had to react accordingly. I reached for the hose to connect back to the air supply. But it wasn't pulled as I realized. It was torn apart! Knowing this I held my breath for as long as I could. Each step that I took seemed to be longer and weak. I reached the entrance to the pressure chamber that goes inside. I couldn't see very well since it was pitch black.

A satellite was floating nearby and as soon as it passed, the sun lit up the entrance. And something wasn't right. As I made my way to the ladder down the chamber. I felt a presence. I knew right away I had to react quick.

"Open the chamber!", I yelled as loud as I could. But there was no response. I couldn't hear anything over the intercom outside.

"Oh you got left outside? That's a shame."

I then knew right away that it was Victor. "Open this door Victor!", I yelled frustrated.

"No can do Atlas, my mission on this galaxy was to eradicate any form of advanced being from thriving. And I can see now soon enough, you will run out of air and cease to live." Victor said in a very jokeful manner.

The gauges in my suit we're reading that I only have 10 minutes until I run out of air. I have to find a way in to stop this man. I just have to.