Soon My Friend

Log 4 - Her

Before I left on my long journey back home, there's one thing I had to do. I had to see Anna. She's the only one I can trust telling about my powers and what I'm meant to do.

I drove to her apartment in a quiet cul-de-sac near the city. I turned off the car and stared at her door through the window. I took a deep breath and exhaled with calm. I reached for the handle and slowly stepped out.

As I walked gently towards her door, I felt like a guilty child who committed something mischievous. I walked up the steps and gave three solid knocks on the wooden door with my knuckles.

My ears caught faint footsteps from far away. I could tell she had been sleeping since it was barely dusk.

The door creaked open just a tad bit, "Who is it?" she asked.

Her hair was everywhere, no make up on, and wearing an over-sized shirt. She looked so wonderful to me this way.

"It's me Anna, Atlas," she opened the door all the way and I walked inside.

"I haven't heard from you in a while, what's the matter?"

"I have something to tell you. But you have to promise me you won't tell anybody else," I gave her a stern look to make sure she understood.

The thought of me telling her all of my secrets right now would seem too ridiculous. So I decided to show her instead of telling her.

"Not here, I can't show you here," she gave me the most confusing look.

I took her by the hand, "We have to drive to the forest. Everything will be clear then,"

We arrived at the same spot I received my powers from the locket. I ran out of the car and walked to the other side. I opened her door and pulled her out.

"Why are we here? What are you going to do?" she became more and more alarmed.

I gave her a smile and took a few steps back.

Slowly I levitated myself about six feet from the ground. Slowly concentrating on a boulder twenty feet away from me, the floor around the boulder started shaking as if an earthquake was happening.

All those thousands of years that rock has been there and I moved it. I exposed the soil beneath it. The boulder was now airborne and moved the rock one hundred degrees and slowly placed it back down.

I levitated slowly back into the ground.

"So what do you think?" I asked her for her approval.

She was speechless the whole time, her mouth agate and eyes widened.

"I don't believe this, how are you able to do this? Am I still dreaming?" she seemed to be in denial.

"Not at all. These are my newly found powers. I'm from another planet, Anna." her denial turned into shock.

Feeling extremely overwhelmed, she fainted. She passed out for about ten minutes. I kneeled down and held her in my arms until she woke up.

"What happened? I had the strangest dream," she said so confused.

"It wasn't a dream, Anna," I chuckled.

Realizing this she freaked out, "What the hell are you? Did you do anything to me!?" she checked her body.

"No, no, no I didn't do anything. I just showed you what I am now capable of doing,"

"How are you able to do that?" now shock had become curiosity.

"I inherited them, I'm a being from a different world,"

Three hours passed explaining everything to her. All of the details of the night in which I got my powers were brought up once more. I also told her about the morning I tested my powers out.

"So you have to go to Mars?" she asked so sadly.

"Yes, in order for me to make this world much more advanced in body and mind, I have to go,"

She stayed quiet for a minute, she turned and starred at the sky. She then returned her gaze back to me.

"Will you come back?" she asked.

I in turn took a deep breath and exhaled, "If I didn't show you my powers then it wouldn't mean I didn't love you. Anna ever since we were little, you were the only kid that would hangout with me. During high school you were the only girl that seemed to strike a conversation with me. And now that this is happening, I feel as though my whole life I have shared it with you. So if you're asking me if I'll come back then my answer is...." before I could finish she reached for me and kissed me.

The moment she kissed me I felt her lips lock with mine. I felt as if this was supposed to happen. So many years I've been waiting to feel her lips against mine and it's finally happened. Her smooth sensation from every pore around her mouth could be felt. What I wish would last forever lasted just for a minute.

But that minute was sensational.

"Woah," was the first thing I said when her lips pulled away from mine.

"Was it bad?" she seemed almost disappointed.

"No, not at all. I'm just surprised, that's all," I kinda chuckled after saying that.

"What will be the next step?" she asked so softly.

"I'm going to prove myself to scientists. I want them to let me go into outer space, by showing them what I showed you. There's not a doubt in my mind I'll be able to go,"

I stood up brushed of the dirt from my pants and shirt, and held out my hand to help Anna get up.

"Let's get out of here," we got into the car and I drove her home.

I kissed her goodbye and on my way I was. To the space center.