Status: Completed. Damn, this is so fluffy, there's practically bunnies flying through the air. Enjoy.

I Promise I'll Always Love You.

One and Only

I grinned as Ponyboy led me out of the crowd and up to his roof. My seventeenth birthday was supposed to be just a day together in the park, but Pony had thrown, along with help from the gang, a surprise party at his house. So after our picnic in a secluded area of the park, I opened the door at his house to twenty of my closest friends screaming at me and popping confetti. 

We climbed up to the roof, the music slowly fading out. Ponyboy had set up a blanket and several pillows; it looked as if it was a make-shift bed. With my boyfriend of two years on my left, Pony and I laid back and watched the stars. 

"Hey Emily?" He looked over at me. 

"Yeah Pony?" I turned on my side to look into his eyes. 

"I... I have a present for you..."

I looked at him curiously. He'd set up a cute and romantic picnic along with this entire party, even after u had mentioned I didn't want a huge birthday celebration. "What is it?"

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a small grey box. My eyes widened as he opened it and a ring came into view. "I understand if you don't want it..."

"A... Wedding ring? Ponyboy... Aren't we a little young?" 

He quietly laughed his cute little chuckle and gave me this look like I was being ridiculous. 

"No, it's a promise ring. I know we're young and all, and we can't get married, but...

He paused a licked his lips before continuing, "But I love you Emily. We've been together two, almost three, years now, and I just... I'm sorry if you think it's too soon, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. If you don't feel the same, that's fi--"

He was cut off by my lips as I kissed him softly. I pulled back, and looking him in the eyes, I said for the first time, "I love you."

After a while, we walked back, hand in hand to the slowly dying crowd. The promise on my ring finger shining in the light. 

Our fingers interlaced, his hands fit to mine just right. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!

God, I'm like drowning in fluff.

Thought I should update something so all you guys that actually read my work don't die of boredom.

Did you enjoy it?