Blood Will Have Blood

The Wicked End

Blackness.

I've burned out my last candle.

I declare an official war against my roommate-I love her and all, but she forgot to pay the light bill, again.

Grumbling, I threw my books across the floor and went into the living room. I stretched, causing my short "To Write Love on Her Arms" tee to slide upwards on my body. I need a new shirt, I thought shivering. Good Lord, it was cold.

Freezing.

I glanced at the open window and rolled my eyes. No wonder why it was freezing. My roommate forgot to close the window, again.

"Stacia Williams!" I yelled. "Jesus, will it kill you to freaking close the window?"

Silence.

Sighing, I closed the window myself, but not before looking through the window. The moon was full tonight, and the light beamed over the sleeping town. I was stuck in the reverie of the night before a shadow moved on the window. Jumping to catch whatever it was scurrying behind me, I was shocked to notice nothing was out of place. Like Stace said, the freaks are out when the moon's out.

I wish the sun was up, I thought bitterly. Maybe then I could study. Instead, I'd have to settle to read my textbooks by her flashlight.

I stormed into Stacia's room and started shoving her drawers open. The girl could sleep through World War III, so I knew she wouldn't wake up. I glanced over at her nightstand and smirked.

Light.

I strolled over towards her bed, but not before slipping on something.

"Ow," I winced, as I fell on something cold and sticky. Her and her iced tea addiction! I rubbed my hands on my jeans before standing up.

Man, there was a lot of it. No more Mickey D's iced teas with dinner. This was borderline obsession now. I opened the drawer to her nightstand and found the old flashlight and the batteries. Bingo.

I smirked and looked at the still burning candle before glancing at her. That's when my heart turned cold.

With the most earth-shattering, alarming look of pure fear on her face, my friend stared at me. But I knew once I saw the dull blue eyes that she wasn't staring at me. She was staring at death.

"Holy," I stepped back, not being able to finish the sentence. The flashlight clattered to the ground, making me realize that I hadn't slipped in iced tea. I clapped my hand over my mouth, realizing that my hands were coated in the most precious thing to all life-

Blood.

I lost it then. Screaming, I bucked from the room before being caught by two pairs of strong arms.

"Let me go!" I wailed, kicking and flipping and fighting with every ounce that I got.

I wasn't going to die tonight. I wasn't going to die tonight.

I'd be damned if I was going to die tonight.

"She's a fighter, Syn." a deep voice boomed from my right as if amused. I wrenched my grip from the left only to be pulled forward.

"Hush," the new pair of arms rubbed my back and my arms, as if trying to soothe me. I defiantly set my jaw and kneed him in the gut, causing him to sputter.

"Hush!?" I yelled, pissed off. "You freaking killed my best friend, you monstrous son of a bitch!"

Before I knew it, I was being held in the air by my neck choking and gasping for air.

"Never," a low threatening voice warned behind me.” Talk about his mother."

I was released to fall on the ground, hard. Okay, strength wasn't going to get me out of this....Maybe....

I crouched and started sprinting to the door. Just as I was going to touch the doorknob, I felt my chances rapidly decrease as I was viciously yanked back to the floor. I yelped loudly.

The moonlight showed everything now. I looked to my left and a grinning man with snakebites and red eyes was holding my arms and legs down. I screamed in frustration. I tried yanking my right hand, but a smirking man with aviators and the biggest muscles I ever seen pounced on them. I groaned in pain, looking forwards. The last one was the worst. His eyes were dangerously black as he straddled me, leaning me upwards so his lips could graze my neck. I was crying silently now, and I noticed that the force on my arms were gone.

Small favors in desperate situations.

"All that," he murmured, "for nothing."

I was wondering what he meant by that before a sharp pain shot up my neck and I looked at the ceiling, gasping. Attached to the ceiling, hissing were the two men. Their gleaming white teeth were reflecting the moonlight- showing their sharpened canines. Widening my eyes in shock, I tried pulling away, but I was held fast there by the cold hands of my friend's killer.

"Somebody....Help," I was getting woozy and fast. Coldness gripped me as the darkness came fast. There was no reassuring silence this time though. Only the whisperings of a killer that caressed my skin and my hair as I blacked out was the promise that I was going to be all right.

I knew I was dead before I hit the floor.