Blood Will Have Blood

I Got Trouble

Carolyn's POV

I was at home in the comforts of darkness and a warm body, ready to settle in before my window in my office crashed.

My bed heater for the night went to investigate, but five minutes later, he didn't come back.

"Freaking intruders," I muttered, throwing my robe on. "You'd think," I grabbed my dagger and its belt, fastening it, "that they'd use the front door like all normal criminals."

I walked boldly into my office, only to see a crumpled body and an open window. I rolled my eyes.

Well, I was sleeping cold tonight.

I debated cleaning up now or later. The girls were out with Talia, so that gave me a couple of hours before Cassie's obsessive ass would freak.

I'll clean later.

I turned to go back into my room before I saw a cigarette light up to a man's mouth. He was hidden in the shadows, and the only thing I saw were his intense hazel eyes and the smirk on his face.

I relaxed, shaking my head. "I'm pretty sure I taught you better manners than that."

"Yeah," Matt emerged from the shadows, "right after betrayal and before murder."

"Bitter?" I grinned, making my way over behind my desk. I clicked a lamp on, turning to meet his very angry face mere inches away from mine. He had gotten rid of the cigarette and his hands were clutching the sides off my desk and the wall.

"Stay the hell away from Talia."

"If you haven't noticed," I leaned in closer, breathing in his familiar scent, "she came to us." I pushed him back, startling him.

"And on top of it, I kind of like the girl. She reminds me of....someone I used to know." I grinned, noticing his clenched knuckles and his fangs beginning to protrude over his bottom lip. "Someone young, innocent, in over her head."

That set him off.

Matt came flying at me, jumping over the desk to make it to my neck. He lifted me up off of the chair and slammed me into the farthest wall.

"God," I rolled my head upwards. "How I missed this." He tightened his grip on my neck even more, just adding fuel to my ammunition. "I bet you do too. I mean, it’s been two and a half years now, Matt. I bet," I wrapped my arms around him, slamming him onto me, “you are so horny right now you can only think about all the times we did it in this position. But wait," I unwrapped my legs, frowning slightly, "there was Valary."

His moan that I knew he suppressed just a few seconds ago turned into an angry growl.

"What? Do we not talk about her anymore?" he squeezed even more, making it hurt. "Guess not. You can't blame yourself, Mattie. I mean, so she couldn't handle one measly little hunter. Nothing to be angry about."

Roaring in anger, Matt threw me into my desk, causing it to break in half.

"I just bought that damned desk!" I glared up at him. "Sheesh, learn to fucking have a conversation!"

"The only conversation we're going to have is how you're going to keep your skanky deceitful bitchy ass away from Talia," he angrily retorted.

I cracked up, shaking my head.

"You don't really know do you?" I snapped, seeing the disgruntled look on his face. "Don't tell me Brian hasn't told you?"

Seeing the confusion flash across his face was all I needed to completely crack up. I stood up shakily, making my way to him.
"Aww, poor baby," I cupped his face before he jerked away angrily. "Twelve years later, and I'm still the only one who's telling you the truth. Sucks to be out of the loop isn't it?"
"What are you getting at?" he looked to the side, not even looking at me.

"Well, let's just say this is what Cassie has been waiting for years. You never noticed the similarities between the two?" I tittered, clicking my tongue. "Aw, I thought you were smarter than that."

"What?" he snarled, proving my point even more. "C'mon, Carolyn, even you aren't that patient where you can resist telling someone."

"True," I grinned, backing away. "But you never checked up on her background have you? Petty thief at seven, parents died at thirteen. Sound familiar?"

Matt thought before realization dawned upon his face. "You bitch," he spat. "You have been screwing with her life since day one. To be like you!?"

"Oh not just me," I grinned. "The one thing me and Cassie have in common? Realizing potential. But," I wrinkled my nose, "you and Brian were obviously mistakes. But you want to know the best part about Natalia?" I stepped closer, knowing I had his full attention now. I kicked the corpse out of the way, leaning in.
"She's Cassie's blood. As in, descendant. As in, part of the dysfunctional family you want to get rid of so very much. So molding her to be a bitch to society is really going a lot faster than it would anybody else."

Horror replaced Matt's cocky demeanor as he slapped me.

"Damn," I grinned despite my bleeding lip. I licked it slowly. "Didn't your mother teach you not to hit ladies?"

"She didn't say anything about cocksucking whores," he grabbed my arm, pulling me close to him. "Are you lying? Because if you are, so help me God."

"Well, that depends," I smirked. "Because if you do accept it, then you're declaring war. If you don't, then I can just add this up as another child defying his sire. Then I can just kill you."

"Mark my words, Carolyn. If anything happens to her, you will pay," he flung my arm at my chest before making his way to the window. "Mark my words."

I rolled my eyes.

"So freaking dramatic," I sneered after he jumped back into the night. "And you wonder why it didn't work out."

Talia's POV

"C'mon. It's just one night. What are they going to do? Lock you up in a tower?"

I grinned, sipping my Red Bull as we sat on the building. Matt had left me in the house while the other guys were on "business" saying that if I wasn't here when he came back I'd have hell to pay.

I snuck out to spite him.

What grown woman has a babysitter? Yep, me. Matt took it upon himself to make sure I didn't "ruin myself" like the other "bitches and whores" I deigned to hang out with. I decided to take it in silence, knowing full well that I would sneak out to hang.

"They just might," I grinned.

"I feel like....burning something." Gabrielle grinned.

Stacia and I groaned.

"Vampires don't do fire, Gabs," Cassie said before crumpling up a Coke and throwing it on an unsuspecting couple. More like down, since we were sitting on the roof of an apartment complex.

"Getting arrested?" I suggested, looking forwards.

I've never been arrested before. All the guys have, and they swear that I'd have hell on my hands if I did. Well, except Johnny. He can't even remember all the times he spent a night in jail because he was so drunk.

"I'm in," Stacia replied. "I haven't felt handcuffs in so long..."

"Okay there, kinky one," Cassie interjected wildly, leaving Gabs to crack up. "We don't need to hear your cop fantasy. It's a bit unnerving."

I choked on my Red Bull, trying hard not to laugh. Stacia rolled her eyes and snapped, "Fine, but Gabrielle can't shoot the sheriff again."

I couldn't resist. "At least she didn't shoot the deputy."

"Thank you!" Gabrielle cried. "Some restraint on my part and not one good job! He threatened me with a rat! You guys know how much I hate rats!" She shuddered. "Fucking rats."

Cassie snorted. "You can kill men more than half your size and you're afraid of a damn rat?"

"I'm not afraid! I just watched millions of people die of the Plague all because of rats! So excuse me if I have a healthy respect for them!"

"You're immortal, jackass!"

"Why I got to be an ass?"

Stacia and I looked at each other before cracking up. "Shut up!" the two said at the same time.

"So the name of the game is..."

"Assault, petty theft, or armed robbery?" Cassie shrugged interrupting Stace.

"Armed robbery at this time of night? You're out of your mind."
Stacia snapped. "The freaking time it would take for the cops to come isn't even worth it."

Gabrielle nodded.

Eh, I feel like punching someone.

"Assault then." Cassie nodded towards me. "Who wants to do the honors with the rookie?"

Gabrielle shrugged, Stacia shook her head. I chuckled.

"Cowards," she scowled at the two.

"Alright then, guess we're up for a night in the slammer," we all got up.

Ping!

The Red Bull I was consuming five seconds ago was shot out of my hands.

"Fuck!" I screamed. The can was dissolving into my hand!

I dropped it, and started to run with the rest of the girls.

"What do you think it was!?"

"Fire bullet!" Gabrielle screamed back. We were jumping roofs and making our way out of town as fast as we could. Another fire went off and Stacia started screaming, clutching her arm.

"Motherfucker shot me!" she kept running, but soon it became apparent we were going faster than her. We went for another mile before I noticed she wasn't with us anymore.

"Hey!" Cassie shocked me into the present. "Keep running! She knows-" she jumped into an alley, followed by me and Gabrielle.

I landed hard, and was about to keep on running before I heard about twenty clicks go off around me.

"Shit." all three of us raised our hands in the air at the same time.

"New kid, Cassie?"

I looked around and didn't see anyone. A man's voice chuckled.
"You're not going to know who I am anyways, doll."

"Evan," Cassie smiled snidely. "How are you?"

"I'll be a lot better when I find out why the hell you haven't done what I wanted you to do."

I glanced at Cassie's pissed off face and Gabrielle's scared face.

"We're working on it,” she said through clenched teeth.

Evan stepped into the light; his curly brown hair and brown eyes made him cute, but the psychotic smile made him truly a fright. "Not fast enough," he whispered before clicking his teeth.

Suddenly we were being grabbed by three men each and dragged towards a car. "Hey! Get your freaking hands off me!" I tried to fight, but these fuckers were strong.

"This," Evan pointed at me, stopping everything for a second. "Is his girl?" He looked me up and down. My fangs were bared and it took all I had to not snarl at him. "Yep, Gates always chose them temperamental." He grabbed my chin, making me look into his eyes. "I heard a lot about you, little one."

"I'm not little," I snapped. He nodded, and I was fighting to not be thrown back into the car again. I failed miserably.

I got thrown into the car, and Gabrielle did too, but Cassie was missing.

What is going on!?

You think if I knew, I'd be with you right now?!

I glared at Gabrielle, before I got kicked fiercely in the stomach. "No communicating. Freaking vampires." The kick was enough to knock the wind out of me, so to speak. I groaned, only to be yanked up and have a blindfold placed on my eyes.

Wherever we were going, it wasn't good. I was in a whole lot of trouble, and I don't know how I'm going to get out of it.