Blood Will Have Blood

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Gabrielle's POV

I was watching Talia and Evan making out before I felt a pang in my stomach.

Okay, Carolyn and Cassie never separate unless they're feeding, fucking, or sleeping. And sometimes not even that.

Why were me and Talia in a room, with Evan no less, alone?

Why was Cassie in another room?

And why did I have a feeling that tonight something big was happening?

And where did Evan fit in?

"Stop," I ordered Talia. Talia looked at me confused, but I shook my head.

"We're here for a reason," I glared at Evan, who was looking sheepish. "Now, why are we separated?"

"I needed answers," he grinned standing up. "Now I have them."

I frowned before reaching up behind my neck.

Fuck.

A microchip.

"What the hell is this all about?" I backed up. Talia's hand flew to the back of her neck, her face soon matching mine.

"Payback you stupid bitch," he spat. "Did you honestly think I didn't know your precious little Heather plan? Screw me over to the Phantoms before you distribute this?"

He raised a bottle of dark red before flashing it back into his pocket.

"What the fuck is that?" I asked.

I honestly had no idea what was going on.

But then it hit me.

Three little bitches known as Cassie, Carolyn and Stacia. I knew I was Sawyer for a reason.

"Never trust dirty cops," he shook his head before bending down and yanking Talia up by the head. Enraged, I flew at him, but three seconds later I was shrieking in pain.

"They might just come back and give you a dose of your own medicine." he punched Talia hard, knocking her to the ground.

"Son of a bitch," she mumbled before trying to sweep kick him. She was soon knocked back on her back, cussing up a storm. I grit my teeth, trying to move, but unable to.

I was going to kill those bitches the first thing I got.

Nothing pissed me off more than betrayal.

This was fitting, since I was the one to first hold the knife.

Damn were we screwed.

Matt's POV

We were moving faster than I have ever seen, jumping rooftops, scanning the streets below, making sure we were following the fading scent of Carolyn and Stacia.

"I want to know."

Johnny.

That kid had more fire than I usually give him credit for. When I was acting like a jackass, he took care of Talia, made sure she didn't do anything stupid.

Of course this was my entire fault because I let him get initiated.

Of course Talia had to be the damned descendant of my worst enemy. She attracted more trouble than we did whores.

God, after this, I'm drinking.

Ahead of us, Zacky abruptly stopped. "Shit."

We all gathered at the ledge and looked down, just in time to see our worst fears come true.

A hunter swung a door open before stepping inside of the warehouse, followed by five others.

Whatever Natalia got into, I'm making damn sure that she was getting out of it.

She owed me big time.

Cassie's POV

So I was a bitch. I could deal with that.

I had to finish this. Without the distraction of my own thoughts, Carolyn's decisiveness, or Stacia's jumpiness.

Gabrielle and Talia had to disappear. Or die. I wasn't picky really.

Weakest links don't do any good for anybody.

"We need a pawn," Carolyn came behind me, handing me my drink. "Someone that can get tossed around some when need be."

"Who says I don't have one?" I looked out into the city. "It could be you." I took a sip of the drink before wrinkling my nose. Damn her and her strong liquor addiction.

"Says the fact that I'm the only one who can mix the drug. And plus you owe me for that hanging incident."

Ugh.

"How was I supposed to know that Puritans had no respect for vampires?" I snapped. "In Europe, they're feared, respected, worshiped and the freaking Christians decide that they're going to burn me? Can we stop bringing that up? Damn."

Carolyn laughed before looking up to the room where Gabrielle was currently feeding. The screams of a terrified couple could be heard for miles...if you were "blessed" that is. "I say her."

I rolled my eyes. "Just because she slept with Jimmy before you did? C'mon."

"It's her fault we're doing this ourselves," she hissed. "I mean, Matt was on board and everything. Now we got to go to the dealers, make sure they don't tell the guys, test it out on other vampires. A hassle we could've avoided. We had three perfectly fine unaware subjects."

"Until he found out that you drugged Syn," Stacia came out, with her hands on her hips. I shrugged. "By the way, next time give me a heads up before you sleep with my boyfriend."

Carolyn smirked. "Eh, the drugs worked on him like a dream. A very hurting, biting, scratching-"

"Enough," Stacia cracked up. " That's just. Wow."

"So Gabriella's the pawn. The slutty little pawn." Carolyn smiled.

I shrugged before downing the rest of my drink. "I don't see why not. She cast the first stone."

"Fuck," Stacia shook her head. "Remind me not to set you off. By the way, your little girl? She's ready."

I rolled my eyes. "She's not my little girl. She's a means to an end. A very nasty, but satisfying end."

"Why do you want her so badly?" Carolyn murmured. "She's still human."

"Well, the only thing that pisses the boys off more than a betrayal is the expense of an innocent. She'll be the first soldier for our little army." I said triumphantly to my now-empty glass.

"And the Sevenfold? If they get her?" Stacia asked, looking at me with suspicious eyes. "Syn knows about her-you know they're planning to save her."

"Then we kill her too. Blood will have blood. She's one of them, we have fun and kill her. Make sure the boys feel it, because she'll kill us too. You," I glanced sharply at her. "make sure to kill whoever tries."

Stacia nodded before going back inside.

Carolyn wasn't that easy to shake.

"It's because you weren't responsive to it, wasn't it?" she narrowed her eyes at me. "You are seriously going to start a war over the fact that she might not be responsive to the drug?"

"No." I glared at her. "The war has already started. The fact that the last person who had the upper hand happened to be her damn mother is not a mistake I want to take again."

"Make sure you know what you're doing." she spat before walking into the house.


It was all going to plan. The only way this would be botched up is if-

"Well, well. What are you still doing here? Don't you usually make sure you disappear at this point?"

I looked up and felt my body get warm with anticipation of a fight.

This was going to be hell.

Well, I made my bed. Might as well lie in it.