Blood Will Have Blood

Minutes to Midnight

Talia's POV

"AAAAAH!"

If I got thrown into another wall today, there would be hell to pay. And the thing that pissed me off even more?

I didn't even know what I did, much less fight back!

I growled and tried to attack, only to be yanked back by the magnetic pull of my neck.

I was like a caged animal with no cage.

Gabrielle wasn't doing so well either. She tried to do everything from decapitation to breaking bones and she got nowhere. Evan already bashed her head to the floor a couple of times and nearly broke her arm.

"Oh come on Heathers." Evan kicked me aside. What it was with people and my stomach? "You're usually better at this."

I rolled my eyes. "Go talk to Cassie. Stupid ass."

He tried swiping again but I rolled over, meeting Gabrielle's pissed off face.

I say we kill him and make sure that if I ever see another damned cop again, it will be the death of them.

Agreed.

Twisting on the ground, Gabrielle quickly coiled herself around his ankles, leaving me to knock him off his feet. I ignored the burning pain of my neck and hissed to Gabrielle to hurry up. She reached into Evan's pants pocket and brought out keys, a cell phone, and a gum pack. Seeing her pocket the gum packet was enough to make me go "Ahem!" before punching Evan hard in the face.

"Got it!" she yelled before clicking the chips off, causing the burning to stop. I looked at Evan before proceeding to punch the living daylights out of him.

"Stupid damned-"

"You have one hell of a mouth," Gabrielle yanked me off before beating the crap out him. He was bloodied and unconscious, but she kept wailing on him.

I stood up and yanked the microchip out of my neck. It hurt like hell, but I wasn't risking it activating again. I leaned down and yanked Gabrielle's chip out, making her flash her eyes in anger at me.

"Chill out." I sighed. "Why the hell is Cassie not out yet? And why did I get the crap beaten out of me by a cop!? Over a vial?"

Her face turned a flushed red. "I think she set us up."

I furiously shook my head, not even thinking about it. "No way."

"Well, she set me up," she grimaced before standing up. "You, on the other hand...."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"She's making a point," she paled. "What did you do to her?"

I looked at her like she was insane. "Were you not there when I met her? Keep up!"

"I did something to her. And, "she added, shrugging, “Carolyn. You or someone close-"

"What?" I snapped.

"Good God, she's good," she breathed. She latched onto my hand, dragging me towards the door. "We got to get to the guys. Now."

I shrugged before letting her drag me along the corridor.

Cassie's POV

"So. You look good," he cocked his head to the side.

"Thanks."

I wasn't going to give him the time of day. Hell no.

I'm a slut, the rumors are true, but I draw the line at hunter.

Ew.

"Where are they?"

"Down the hall," I shrugged. "And I am disappearing. Just make sure that they don't."

Jackson tipped his hat and moved to walk out before he slammed his way back in.

"I don't pay until the job is done you know," I snapped. I was getting annoyed, fast. His little army was banging the door, but after thirty seconds of being ignored the knocking ceased. "Especially when you can't handle two girls and one idiotic cop."

"They're in the hallway," he rolled his eyes. "I'm letting my men deal with them. I get whatever is left."

Okay, I liked him. He didn't get his hands dirty unless it called for it.

Sounded familiar.

Cass, Carolyn interrupted my thoughts. They're here. And they are not happy.

I glanced at the hunter. "Can you handle 5 more?"

He grinned. "Party?"

"You can say that."

"Consider it done." he swung open the door and left. Carolyn breezed past him and slammed it shut.

"As usual, they complicate matters. Stacia's finished on the roof, and she said to hurry the hell up. She said that she nearly got caught by the cub scout." She frowned. "What is that little shit's name?"

I shook my head. "Who cares? He'll be dead, along with the rest of them."

"Well, we got ten guys plus two very pissed off chicks. So it better work."

"No crap, Carolyn." I snapped. "You put the drug in the damn ventilator yet?"

"Give it two minutes. We do have to vaporize the damn thing!"

Last time I waited two minutes, I ended up waking up an angry vampire and getting bitten. So sue me if I was impatient.

"Roof?" I gestured towards the window.

She pushed me out of the way before leaping out of the window. I followed suit, colliding into Stacia.

"Ready?" I grinned getting off her. She mumbled a few curses before going back into her equipment. "Give them twenty minutes to kill them. Then throw it."