Blood Will Have Blood

I Know the Future

Talia's POV

I hate life.

Just when you think you caught a freaking break, it comes back and smacks you in the ass.

Gabrielle pulled me down the long corridor but as soon as I was about to turn a corner, she yanked me back hard and fast.

"Fucking hunters!" she spat. "Shit!"

I looked at her in confusion.

They planned this in front of my face. Sorry, kid.

I swallowed, realizing that that meant that less than twelve hours ago, she was ready to kill me. And she just apologized like that meant something.

Life is a bitch.

Seriously.

Footsteps echoed on the floor as they made their way closer. A couple of doors slam, but it wasn't clear how many there were. I counted the stomping, using the technique Jimmy taught me. Close then far. The distance.

Five.

Against two.

I'm going to die tonight with my enemy turned ally in a warehouse in the night. With no weapon. Ugh, I was a sitting duck.

You are a vampire, Talia. Gabrielle focused on the corner. Or aren't you?

I'm going to tell you like I tell everyone else-get the fuck out of-

Yeah, she doesn't like that so much.

I twitched with a mixture of surprise and anger.

Only Matt would pick this opportune time to make his presence known and do nothing about it.

We will help you out when we're damned ready.

I looked at Gabrielle, trying to prevent the string of curses that were going to erupt from my mouth. A black-clad man turned the corner and before you could say "My bad," Gabrielle grabbed his jaw and broke it. She then proceeded to snap his neck, careful that the sound could only be heard by us.

Gabrielle moved forward, causing me to flick the ceiling off. I sure hope Matt saw that.

Just as I turned the corner, the door to my right opened. I grabbed the flying fist and flipped the man over, using my feet to keep him pinned to the ground. Before he could cry out for help, I stomped his chest in so hard he went out like a light.

"Instant heart attack," Gabrielle whispered in awe. You got to teach me that.

Vampires. The only things that we like close to blood are new fighting techniques.

"I taught her that," coughed someone to my right. Bloodied and looking like he went through hell was Johnny. I smiled and tackled him, hugging with all my might.

"I thought you guys were watching me! Just to prove a point!"

"Well," Johnny scoffed. "Matt and Zacky are, Jimmy is down here somewhere. Syn disappeared."

My sisterly instincts kicked in. Jimmy?

I heard a crash far away before Jimmy cut in. Kind of busy. I got the hunter who throws things.[i/]

Where are you?

It's a- freaking knife!-warehouse, Talia. It's a-ow-maze. Anymore stupid questions?

I rolled my eyes before walking in the direction of the crash. Gabrielle and Johnny eyed each other wearily before starting to walk the many twists and turns with me. After a while, I started to get pissed.

Turn around. God, you are no tracker.

I rolled my eyes before turning to the room we passed.

There Jimmy was, sitting on top of his dead opponent, the former office a complete mess. He wore the grin of someone completely satisfied and accomplished, despite the fact he trashed the room.

"What did he do? Have loud sex before stabbing him?" Gabrielle's eyes swept the room. Jimmy's face fell immediately into a dark scowl before he got up and yanked me and Johnny back so hard we landed on the dead hunter.

"Ew," I grimaced.

"Funny how the little heather is here when hunters are conveniently here! Oh how shocking!" he turned to look at me. "God, you can be so naive."

I shrugged. Okay, the thought did come up, but the fact that Gabrielle was on my side meant something.

Right?

"She saved my life." I snapped, taking out all of my frustration on him. "So if you want to kill her, make sure that its not your pent up I-hate-her-cuz-we-broke-up drill. It'd piss me off and sure as hell would piss her off, cuz let's be real-she's going to hell. No offense."

"None taken,” she smirked.

Jimmy's mouth was wide open. Johnny scooted away from me before I realized what they were thinking.

I was defending a Heather.

As far as they were concerned, I did a Darth Vader.

Oh God.

"You prats must've never heard of the blood pact," Gabrielle spat. Johnny looked confused while Jimmy looked bored. I gawked at her.

I swear, I was clueless when it came to this world sometimes.

"The blood pact," hissed Gabrielle. Suddenly, her head was yanked back and Matt was growling at her.

"Knew I smelled a Heather."

"Will everyone stop threatening her!? God!" I got up and was quickly restrained by Johnny and Jimmy.

The air smelled different. It was fragrantly sharp and metallic, something familiar.

"Does anybody smell that?"

"Stop changing the subject," Matt snapped. "Now are you a Heather or with us?"

I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't aware I was to make a choice, Shadows." I turned my head to look at Jimmy. "Would you let up? You're making a mark that I don't need."

Jimmy sheepishly let go, but Johnny held on.

No offense babe, but the sexual tension is NOT helping my existence!

"She's obviously the only one here," I snapped. Well, let's not tell them about Cassie. Where the hell she was hiding was any body's guess. Damn that smell was getting to me. "So step off."

Matt seemed like he was considering it for a second before slamming her to the wall. "Thanks."

"Fuck," Johnny coughed. "That smell."

We all looked at Jimmy, but he was clutching his head. The only people unaffected were Matt and Gabrielle.

"Gabs?" I coughed. "What the hell are they up to?"

All Matt could do was cough "Motherfucking bitches."

Zacky and Brian were okay...hopefully.

We weren't breathing the scent, but the smell overclouded everything. I soon became in a frenzy, trying to find anybody that seemed familiar.

I felt my fangs jut out and I jumped on the moving hazy figure in front of me. When I snapped its head to look at me, all I saw were red eyes and fangs.

Screaming and fighting could be heard, but I couldn't make out anything.

This is was like "Dazed and Confused" vampire style.

I felt so disoriented and so threatened. I was ready to rip apart anything and anybody.

Which I think I did, because I snapped the neck of the ghoul underneath me before reaching for the doorknob.

What was happening?

Why was everything hazy and unclear?

Why did I have the feeling I was alone?

And where in the hell were Syn and Zacky?!

Stacia's POV

"Well, it's in," I said, brushing off the dirt off of my jeans. Carolyn nodded, since she was chain-smoking. Cassie looked content. "You sure they'll rip each other apart?"

"Yep," Carolyn threw the remnants of her cigarette. "Pheromones of the alpha female/male and all that."

"Well, let's get out of here before they carry on the roof," Cassie snorted. She looked up at me and her eyes widened.

"What?" I smirked, crossing my arms. "You act like the devil's right behind me."

Carolyn was shaking her head and moving slowly to Cassie.

Okay, I'm worried now.

Before I turned back to face whatever it was, an arm wrapped around my neck quickly. "Close enough, babe."

Oh, fuck me.

With another hand, Vengeance started stabbing me in the gut repeatedly. I howled in pain, trying to push him off of me, but to no avail.

"You did this before," I reminded him. "Still here!"

"I don't make the same mistakes twice." he whispered in my ear. His growl meant only one thing.

He wasn't through with me yet.

"What's wrong, ladies?" Syn stepped forward. "Scared?"

Carolyn and Cassie looked at them with furious expressions.

Stay awake, Stacia. Carolyn urged. Cassie growled before attacking Syn.

I started sinking, and Vengeance sunk with me. "You were always a fighter," he chuckled softly, brushing hair out of my face. "But you always threw your lot in with the wrong people."

My eyes fluttered, and he kissed my forehead. "You thought you'd have vengeance, but I'm finishing the job."

Angry, I summoned enough strength to push him off of me.

"Bastard." I spat, trying to stand up.

Cassie was currently on top of Syn, but she was snapping her fangs at him-he had her hands in both of his hands. Carolyn, meanwhile, was in her bag for something.

Oh how convenient.

Catch, bitch.

I grabbed the gun in midair before yelling, "Thanks!"

Carolyn flashed beside me and I raised my gun. "So, you want to finish the job," I hissed. "Let's do this."

Vengeance crouched low and beckoned me with his thoughts as he switched his bloody blade from his right to his left.

Let's go, you backstabbing whore.

Snarling, I jumped into the air, only to collide with his body as he lunged at me. Carolyn snapped at Syn, who now was occupied with two pissed off vampire girls.

Someone was going to die tonight.

Who was it going to be?

Well, it better not be a Heather.

Because karma can be a bitch.