Blood Will Have Blood

More Human Than Human

The soft strains of music echoed through the hallways of my old home as I pushed my way through a double door. Men were scattered on the floor in private schooled uniforms, gasping with grins on their faces. But my attention was on her. She kept playing the piano, her red hair shimmering delicately on her back as she sang.

"And I could tell you a witch's spell, but it just might blow your top. And you start to run just as I'm having fun- it’s awfully hard to stop; it’s awfully hard to stop."

The men were entranced; at least, the ones who still had their eyes open. She had a beautiful voice. I walked around, not stopping until I reached the desk. I knew the song.

"Sun in the sky, I ain't stopping you from burning. All we need is stars and moon- clock on the wall, I will keep your hands from turning or this night will end too soon," I softly sang. When I ended, all the men turned to me, and I looked at the woman's reaction to see what she thought. She walked over towards me seductively and gripped my shoulder.

"Don't fight it, Natalia," she hoarsely whispered. I was slowly becoming entranced and she knew it. "This is who you are now. Look."

I blinked and was standing in a blank room alone. I saw two figures walking towards me, one a woman and the other a man. When I saw their faces, I almost sputtered from surprise.

She was me! Granted she looked better than I did, with the red dress that hung to her every curve and her deadly smile implied mystery, and her dark brown eyes that flashed violet.

There's no way she was me-she was stunning. Furthermore, the man on her arm was gorgeous. That's what I thought until I realized that it was the same cocky bastard who killed Stace. She reappeared beside me, and smiled. "You could get whatever you want," she whispered, sliding her hands to my waist and pulling me backwards to her chest. "Including his life. Or you can die, but it's your choice."

I twisted my neck so I can look her dead in the eye before whispering, "I want it all."


Night again. The hunger was enough to make me scream out in pain. I clutched my sides, insane with the rolls of shock rolling up and down my body, causing my eyes to roll to the back of my head.

When I wake up from a nightmare, I prefer getting some sorbet and a good old Disney movie. I don't want more pain.

Crash.

Jerking my body off the floor, I ran to the side of the open bedroom window. Maybe I can get out of here, get some help. Those idiots in my house probably are still there. As no annoying voices have infiltrated my head so far so I think I was in good shape.

I jumped onto the fire escape and was about to jump onto the garbage can before my teen-aged neighbor came bounding in the alley, obviously on the lookout for her mother. She was past curfew again. She ran up the fire escape and smirked at me. Just as she was about to reach the ladder for her floor, I heard it.

The steady pulse beating like a drum, enticing me to move, to pounce, to kill.

I shook my head to distract, but when she said "Shit," I lost it.

She cut her hand on some glass. Blood was flowing onto her pale skin, making me bite my lip so hard I broke some of my skin. It smelled so good, and it was practically screaming at me. She shrugged and wiped it on her pants, but it still bled. I started breathing hard to try to contain myself, knowing that my clenching knuckles were starting to turn white.

When she started muttering to herself, I couldn't take it anymore. Growling, I whipped her around and breathed deeply, savoring the beat. I wasn't even thinking anymore. I felt my fangs grow and sank them into neck, making her whimper. I slid my free hand over her mouth so she wouldn't scream and proceeded to drink.

Steady.

Steady.

Fading.


I must've been like this for a while because a tap on my shoulder knocked me out of my dream world. I could hardly hear her heart anymore. I stood straight abruptly, dropping her right underneath the ladder.

I felt so much better, I realized as her heartbeat completely ended. But all feelings of contentment changed when I was spun around to see Syn. His smirk was enough to set me off, but when he asked if I had a good meal, I snapped back into reality.

I just drank a girl dry. I knew her mother. I wobbled, but Syn caught a hold of me before I could fall.

"Easy there, little one," he chuckled, making me glare at him. "First one's always the worst."

"I killed someone!" I shrieked, stumbling. "Damn it, this is not normal! Why can't I stand!?"

"Hush,” he started to say before I tried to smack him. This drunkenness was beginning to get on my nerves. "Will you chill out?"

I was about to retort, but my knees gave out and he caught me.

"The fuck!?"

"You'll get your strength back in second," he reassured me.

Aw, is the little girl feeling tired?"

"Screw you!" I screamed, hating this.

Later, babe. Syn won't like it, but later.

I scowled as he chuckled in my head, and I heard Syn whisper sternly, gripping on me tighter, "Shadows. Stop it. Now."

Shadows huh? No wonder why he won't come and say these things to my face. I heard an explosion of laughter in my head and even Syn had a smile on his face.

This girl has balls! When is she coming?

Never, if she knows what's good for her.

Jealousy doesn't look good on you...

I was beginning to be annoyed. Four men were talking in my mind, and I couldn't get them out. Frowning, I noticed that most of my strength was regained. I looked over at the corpse. I can't believe I killed.

"It felt good, didn't it?" Syn kissed my forehead. I shivered, burying my head into his chest.

All I could think of was the fact that I was no better than them. I was a murderer now.

But, it didn't feel good.

Addicting. Powerful. Scary. Seductive.

That's what it felt like. Something told me that it was too late to go back now. And even if I could, I wouldn't. I was alive now. My only concern was what I had to trade for me to feel this way. That part was the only bad part about this.

As I followed Syn through the dark city to my new home, I realized I could get used to this.

That kind of thinking, unfortunately, was my ultimate downfall.