Blood Will Have Blood

The Way She Feels

Stacia's POV

I hated the sun.

It was one thing to work for Cassie, but when she put us out in the sun like a couple of humans on parade, it kind of pissed me off.

But we were here for a reason, so I'd have to suck it up.

Besides, the only thing worse than the sun was bloody hunters.

"I cannot see why she couldn't just email the hunters about Sevenfold's hideouts," Carolyn complained. "I mean, we have their precious little kid now." She quickly flashed her eyes at me. "No offense."

I shrugged. She was a kid, in a sense. She only hung out with us last night because she was in for that sense of adventure. We got her hooked to killing with barely a nudge.

"Easier than Gabrielle," I smirked, looking over towards Gabrielle. Gabs was chatting up yet another guy. "Two hundred that he's in her pants in three seconds."

"Two minutes," Carolyn slapped her hundreds on the table." And that they won't even bother going into a dorm."

I'll bet you five hundred that in a minute that I could have him going down on me.

I made a face, but not before Cassie sternly said, Cut it out. NOW.

Carolyn groaned and took out her cigarettes. I rolled my eyes. She's a vampire. She doesn't need to smoke, it doesn't do anything for her.

Gabrielle made her way to the table we were sitting at and dumped herself on Carolyn's lap, almost making her inhale the cigarette. "I'm burnt," she complained, poking a piece of skin. “I’m all scaly and red and-"

"Shut up," Carolyn and I snapped.

"Somebody's bitchy!"

"We hate the sun too, sweetie, but I hate the fact that we can't just kill the brat instead of going to the hunters even more." I snarled.

"God." Carolyn huffed. "'We can't kill her because we'd have Matt and Brian on our asses.'" she mimicked Cassie to a tee from her Spanish accent to her facial expressions. "Fuck them, I say we bring it on. Shadows has been getting on my everlasting nerve."

"We could've had her in the first damn place," I complained. "If they didn't slit my throat and leave me in that puddle, she would've been with us already!"

"It's a shame, really," Gabs said thoughtfully. "Why can't we just make her betray them?"

"She won't." Cassie said shortly. If I wasn't used to her just popping up in the conversation I would've been scared to death. Wait, no. You know what I mean. "Did you see how pissed Matt was? He likes her. They probably went home and had some angry sex."

"Can we get out of here? The sun-"

"Gabrielle, stop acting like a fucking newborn and listen," I growled. She narrowed her eyes at me, and I was ready to stand up and knock that look off her face before Cassie slowly ordered us to sit down and shut the hell up.

I sat and mumbled my apologies while Gabrielle just pouted.

"Now," Cassie rolled her eyes to Carolyn. "Talia won't betray the guys unless we set it up so that way she will. She proved that they don't really let her do anything, so let's just corrupt her from there. By the time she figures it out, she'll be dead and the boys will be dead. And all the blame goes to the kind little hunter we found. The Plague will come in and then the city is ours."

"God, and the Puritans said I had ambition," Carolyn grinned. Cassie smirked. "There's a reason why I was wanted during the French Revolution."

I rolled my eyes. So they were older than us. Blah! All talk and no action!

We had to kill her soon and fast.

If they wouldn't do it, I would.

Because there was no way in hell Zacky Vengeance would kill me again. I'd rather kill them before that. Not only did it hurt to have your boyfriend kill you, but it hurt that you saw him living with no remorse from it from a freaking distance. And then from what I hear he had no problem getting it on with many girls up the West Coast area. It was enough to make any girl want to sell her soul for a little taste of heaven called revenge.

I will have my vengeance, which is quite fitting, really.

Trust.

I'll slit his throat and watch the blood gush from it, like he did me. I'll watch him painfully choke down as much as he can to live, and then watch his terrified eyes fade. I'll dangle fresh blood in front of him for days.

But I don't make the same mistake twice.

He made the first one.

He let me live.

I'll make sure I finish the job.

There's nothing like a little pride in your work.

I taught him that. But he obviously didn't learn his lesson.

He will this time.

I'll make damn sure of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Much thanks to BlackQueen and her friend for that reference hidden in there.