Status: Thank you for reading, I promise to update soon :)

Tangled Seaweed

His Return

Later that night I found myself bewitched by his words. Everything thing he was saying made me want to hear more. How humans were, what certain things were. I even got up the courage to let him take me out into what he called a living room. He showed me a box that had moving pictures on it, pictures of humans. He even taught me a couple words, one of which was my name.

"Ren?" He whispered, getting my attention one more. I turned away from the magic box, still excited about learning these things. I looked up at him with big eyes, expecting him to show me something else. But his eyes were filled with water, which I didn't understand. He smirked a little but when I cocked my head to the side. "How are my parents? Are they okay?" I nodded, which was another thing he thought me. It meant yes, I was proud of myself for remembering. He cracked another smile at me.

Suddenly one of the panels on the floor moved a bit, I jumped back and looked at that oddly. Yet he walked to it, prying it up. I didn't see what I expected, quite honestly I didn't know it was possible. The panel was peeled away to reveal a hole that led to the ocean. Damien popped up, hoisting himself so he was sitting on the wood a little bit.

"I got lost, but I did find this." He informed to Fin, handing him a stone. I recognized it from my little collection of things I had discovered. It was a map to the old kingdom, and it could probably really help him.

"I'll go clean it." Before Fin left he half picked me up and set me next to Damien. "Watch her."

After Fin had left I found myself in a bone crushing hug from Damien. He had his face tuck in my hair and my body on his lap. Honestly, I think he knows that it is his fault and he just doesn't know how to say he is sorry.

"I wish I could take you with me." He whispered, but it was in the talk that I spoke as well. I could finally talk back to him and know what I am saying. "I know its scary, but I will find that stupid cure and you can come back with me."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I hummed, hugging him back as well. "You could've trusted me."

"Cause I was afraid it would break the spell and I would've have you anymore." He informed. "Don't worry, I'll fix this."