Status: Thank you for reading, I promise to update soon :)

Tangled Seaweed

Fin's Feelings

When Damin left I found that I was more depressed, but I also found out that I was great at hiding it. Fin had taught me some other things so I could possibly survive here and not die. I'm a fish out of water, what can I say? Without Fin here I was completely useless and its a good thing that I have him.

Ever since Damin has left I have been sitting in front of the TV watching something called Spoungebob, I only liked it because it reminded me of home. Just because there was talking fish also because it was funny and easy to understand. Fin seemed to understand why I ended up watching that, and he didn't seem to argue very much. Sometimes he would sigh and then pop his neck. But other then that we have been silent for a little while. Both of us just watching the show and thinking about what we were going to do next.

"Ren?" He whispered, I turned to him just to catch him studying me. I felt uncomfortable all of the sudden. "I missed you. I know you didn't miss me, but you have no idea what its like without you. Damin might have got a magic connection with you as well, but mine never broke. Its been horrible."

I tilted me head at him then leaned into his shoulder. Half way hugging him to make some comfort. I will admit I still felt like he was an important person in my life, and its going to be hard to leave him. But what can I do? I love Damin and always will. Nothing can tear me away from Damin anymore, I don't think I could take the pain. Even if they decided they wanted to switch back, I would still show up at the beach every night looking for Damin. Life without him would be unbearable.

Fin started talking again, wrapping the thing he called a blanket around the both of us. "I don't know if you'll like this or not, but when you change back you can turn back into a human after you exit the water. I find if quite useful, it would be nice if you came over here without him. Not that I object to him, but I'd be nice to see you a lot again. I wouldn't have to feel heartbroken all the time."

The human mermaid thing sounded pretty cool. I could come up here and bury my toes in the sand anytime I pleased then go right back into the sea with Damin. I wish I could do that with Damin though. Walk on the beach like a normal human couple, eat those things called ice cream. Maybe even spend the night on a ship. But then again were would be go cave exploring? Where would we eat fresh shrimp or sea kelp? I'm not willing to give up my life in the sea for something I've barley known. I wish I could go back to my life in the sea now.

But when I get back I don't see why I couldn't visit Fin. He has done so much for us already, if all he wants in return is for me to visit him I would. Its the least I could do, besides he could teach me more things about the humans. If I learned more then maybe Damin would let me get closer to the boats when the floated overhead. All I really want to see is the face of a sailor, I hear they looking interesting. Besides the closer I get the more trinkets I find when they fall off. I love finding trinkets.

My fingers found something shiny around Fin's neck, I started playing with it while he talked. I found myself completely tuning him out, for I knew it was only going to make me want to stay with him longer. I turned the shiny thing around, looking at the thing hanging from it. It was a golden shell that looked like it could pop open. I tried, but didn't succeed.

"Its a locket." He informed, pushing my fingers away to saw it popping open. Inside I found a tiny picture of the sea. "I put this in there cause I never wanted to forget where I came from, and I always wanted to remember to stay close in case you needed me. Just like you needed me tonight." That was sweet, but I wasn't sure if I liked it. Was he to obsessed with me to move on, whats the point of having his human life if he spends it all doting on me? I need to knock some sense into him, and I need to do it fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long, I had to come up with an idea. Remember that the more comments I get the faster I update, it excites me and then I want to write more lol. Don't forget that I also love to take ideas if you wish to share :)