Status: Thank you for reading, I promise to update soon :)

Tangled Seaweed

Talking

Damien and I swam quickly actually, I’m not sure if it was because we were both excited I had my tail back or just because we were scared of those mermaid hunters. Either way I still felt nervous about leaving Fin back on land, I knew that he could handle himself but it still worried me. Just the look on his face when I turned back to wave at him was a haunting image to me. I felt like I was destroying him by leaving him, that made me sure that I would come back to visit him often. Not only had he saved my life but he was also a good friend of mine now. Not many people had the luxury of being called a good friend of mine, I was to shy to make friends.

A wave turned the water up ahead, leaving a cloud of sea foam in our path. Damien made eyes contact with me, still smiling like a dork. His hand slid back in the smooth water to meet mine, pulling me to a stop and letting us sink to the sandy bottom. From there I burrowed into the soft sand and left his settle on top of me. He gently pressed his lips to my forehead and pushed my floating hair out of his way.

He sighed, leaning a little closer. His tail brushed against mine and I swear I almost squealed like a little girl. God, he doesn’t know how much I missed this. “Man, I missed you. I hate swimming alone and our little shell bed it terribly cold without you.”

I smiled up at him and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Oh you had it easy, darling. I had to learn how to walk.”

He chuckled. “You did well at that, it only took you a few hours. I should’ve told you about me, I’m sorry. I was just scared if you found out that the spell would be broken and I wouldn’t have you anymore.” His eyes really did show the hurt that I was feeling as well. It did hurt me that the man I was supposed to be bonded with was Fin, and that he was up on shore. Then again I did show myself to Damien at one point, and he gave up is entire life for me. I love him and could never live without him, but it was still a mystery to me about how in could leave me. I mean I was his mate, I was the one who was supposed to ground him.

I was the one to sigh this time. “Okay, its not that I didn’t love how things turned out because I know I couldn’t live without you Damien.” He frowned and started stroking my cheek, looking like he was afraid of what I would say. “Why did Fin leave me, did I do something wrong?”

I felt his tail twitch a little next to my fin, telling me that he was nervous. He always did that if he was. “It was hard for him.” He informed, rolling off from me and laying next to me in the sand. The heat of his body instantly left mine and I found myself curling into his side. “He didn’t want to leave you, but the human world was intriguing to him. Just like it is for you, that’s why I am so careful about what you see, I’m scared you’ll make the same deal he did and I’ll be non the wiser.”

I pressed my lips to his warm shoulder and buried my face into it. “I’m not going to leave you, darling. Its just cool to look at, I could never be a part of that world.”

He smiled a little. “Believe me, I lived in it. They would eat a girl like you alive.” What kind of girl am I? “Its filled with murderers and bullies, and I could never see you go trough that. I would loose my mind just watching you.” I didn’t want to argue with him anymore, I just leaned back into his side and looked up through the water at the sea foam. The storm above the water was getting heaver, I wondering how terrible it will be for the humans. Hopefully its not a hurricane.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry its so short, and that i've taken so long. I'm just stuck. haha Any ideas?