Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 11

Kinly was not one to be deceived easily. So when he arrived home from work on a cloudy morning to find both his boys eating breakfast in separate rooms and looking miserable, he did not believe their simultaneous claims of 'we're fine'. He gathered them together on the living room sofa. Their expressions ranged from agitated to downright fed up and they hadn't changed for over a week.
"Alright boys." he sighed heavily, settling onto the couch.
"What's the problem?"
Both boys scowled in opposite directions.
"Have you had a fight?"
Rip snorted arrogantly and Sei growled.
"Something like that." Sei seethed.
"Yeah. Something like that." Rip mocked him.
"Shut up!"
"Why don't you shut up?"
"I don't have to I did nothing wrong!"
"Whatever."
"You haven't even looked at me all week!"
Their voices rose well beyond the barriers of 'inside voice', and Kinly was past helping. He stared dumbly as they rose to their feet.
"You're so ignorant!" Sei shouted.
"You're so needy!" Rip roared.
"I don't have to take this!" Sei said furiously and stormed upstairs. Rip followed him into the hallway and shouted up the staircase.
"Oh yeah? Well it's not like I even cared about you in the first place!"
Rip marched out the door and a moment later was backing out of the driveway, the engine of his car revving.
Kinly sat there confused.
* * *

Sei sobbed into a pillow and willed the tears to stop. He hated Rip.
He needed somewhere to go, something to do.
He picked up his phone and dialled Pheonix's number.
* * *

Rip held the steering wheel tightly. He didn't want to shout at Sei. He was just angry at himself for doing what he did and being a coward about it. Eventually his wandering brought him to a stop outside Kray's house. Kray was his cousin and best friend after Sei. He was an earth valkie. He got out of the car and walked to the door, knocking on the heavy wood. Kray answered almost immediately.
"Hey man what's-"
"I need to talk." Rip said broken heartedly.

Rip told him everything. He breathed a relieved sigh.
"I fucked up."
"You need to tell him." Kray advised.
Rip grimaced.
"Tell him what?"
"You know. At least say it out loud it'll help."
Rip whined protestingly.
"I like Sei."
Rip hated when Kray was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love my boys! And I love my readers :) Twelve soon. Thoughts anyone? :) Bio for Kray to be posted shortly, along with Name meanings for the other characters.