Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 12

Sei sat on the edge of the pier and let his bare feet hang off the end. It wasn't a very tall pier, it was more of a boardwalk, so his toes disappeared beneath the surface of the water, sending a ripple through it. He circled the water with his right foot and a mini whirlpool appeared. It was a trick he'd learnt from Rip. He gritted his teeth at the thought and kicked the water, sending waves across the surface in the wrong direction. He heard movement behind him as Pheonix approached. He dropped gracefully into a sitting position next to Sei.
"Hey." he said softly. Sei left his words hang tensely in the air for a moment.
"Hi." he replied quietly.
Pheonix watched him with a sad expression and then pulled him in closely for a hug. He felt Sei's empty sobs vibrate against his own body. After a long while, Sei pulled away and sniffled.
"Thank you." he mumbled.
Sei looked up through wet lashes at Pheonix. He had cropped, auburn hair that shone in the light, strong features and pale skin. Sei had always thought him attractive in a purely visual way. On any other level, well.. they just wouldn't work if they were... that.

Sei blinked away the bluriness in his vision.
"How could he do this Pheonix?" he asked in despair.
"I mean he just left me there. After I confessed the only secret I've ever kept from him. He kissed me and then left. And he's been unbearably cold all week and then that this morning." Sei almost spat the words out of his mouth.
"Could my mind be any more mixed up?"
"And there's been no mention of it at all?" Pheonix said, looking for confirmation.
"Not even a glance." Sei said stiffly. Pheonix heaved a sigh and rubbed his hands against his face before dropping them lamely in his lap.
"You two need to talk."
Sei's stomach fell to the ground as he looked at him. Damn Pheonix was always right.
* * *

When Sei returned home that night he went straight to his room and was surprised to find Rip sleeping adoreably on top of his bed. His heart jumped with both happiness and pain. He made his way over to Rip and gently shook him awake.
"Rip." he whispered gently.
"Rip wake up."
The older boy jumped awake and stared up at Sei with ringed, blotchy eyes. It was evident he'd been crying.
"I'm sorry Rip." Rip started to make a sound that came from the back of his throat. It sounded like a wounded kitten. He clutched the front of Sei's t-shirt and began to whine.
"No Sei I wanted to say that first stop doing it wrong."
Sei chuckled and sat down next to Rip, astonished when he pulled him onto his chest and laid his head there. Rip buried his nose in his hair and Sei sat there quietly, his heart content at the closeness.
"I'm sorry Sei." Rip began.
"I shouldn't have ignored you or shouted at you it was wrong. I don't want you to be angry."
Sei could hear the sob that threatened to break Rip's voice. He placed a hand cautiously on his chest to calm him down.
"Ssh. It's okay Rip." he hushed. He waited a long while before speaking again.
"Can we talk about it?" he asked quietly. Rip understood perfectly.
"Yes." he whispered against Sei's hair. Sei started with smaller questions.

"What made you do it?"
"What you said before that, about being gay."
Sei loved how honest Rip was.
"Why did you run?"
"I got scared." whispered Rip.
"Why were you scared?"
Rip played with the loose tendrils of Sei's hair and lowered his voice even more.
"Because you do things to me that I don't understand Sei."
Sei closed his eyes and asked the hardest question.
"How was it? Be honest."
"I always am." The smirk was clear in his voice.
"Well?" Sei probed. Rip moved his fingers to Sei's lip and brushed his thumb over the skin.
"Amazing." he breathed.
Sei twisted around and searched Rip's eyes.
"I know it's wrong." Rip mourned.
"I'm sorry but I just can't help it and I do-"
Sei cut him off as he placed a hand on his neck and came closer to his face.
"Stop talking dumbass." he grinned, and the two kissed for the second time, soft and slow and languorous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah. <3 I just wanna keep writing and writing. But alas, sleep deprivation makes me grumpy :3 Feedback would be amazing i'm nervous that i'm not capturing that intimacy enough.
(">.>)
You're welcome. Thank you readers. Goodnight <3