Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 27

Sneak analysed the crooked ceiling of his cell as he played 'on-off' with his fingers. It was almost like how he saw normals toy with lighters out of boredom except the spark was actually coming from his fingertips. It must be night because the corridors had grown quiet and still. Sneak's own biological clock had gone haywire already, without any windows, his only source of light were his own feeble flames, the heat for which he drew from the stony ground. Needless to say there wasn't a lot of it, and so he was only capable of producing ample campfires.
Sneak's legs were thrown out lazily while he relaxed as much as was allowed in his environment. He turned his head towards Aurie's cell and held up a small orb of fire as he kept a watchful eye over her. She was sleeping quietly although Sneak doubted it was peacefully. Her wispy silver hair fell lightly over her eyes and her lips were parted as she breathed heavily in her sleep. She looked so innocent and so pretty. Sneak reached his free hand through the bars and threaded his fingers through a few strands of her hair. He felt an odd compulsion to feel his skin on hers. Aurie stirred in her sleep and Sneak drew his hand back cautiously. His heart lurched at the loss of contact. Aurie didn't settle again and she sat up, wiping her bleary eyes and yawning widely.
"Morning sleepy head." Sneak grinned.
"Is it really morning?" Aurie mumbled tiredly. She hadn't been sleeping properly in here, but then again, who was?
"Actually no, it's night I think." frowned Sneak.
Aurie groaned and sat up to lean against the bars that separated her from the charcoal haired boy. She sighed as Sneak tangled his fingers comfortably in her hair.

It was three days since she'd been moved here, according to the guards she'd overheard talking. Sneak was a very likeable person and she felt comfortable around him already. He was extremely affectionate and often displayed gestures like this of playing with her hair or stroking her cheek to warm her up. She took solace in his friendliness. She began to think about her parents. She wondered if they missed her, and if they were putting up missing person signs. Maybe her photograph was even on the news. They had never been particularly bad people, especially her father. Her mother was possibly a little nastier than was required but she still didn't deserve to lose a daughter. She wondered about Sei and Rip. If they even knew she was gone. She figured Sei was too busy lusting after his brother.
Her thoughts moved to Pheonix. He had always been a good, reliable friend. He was probably the one out searching the streets and organising a rescue team.
Unlike Sei who was probably too busy seducing his straight foster brother. Rip wasn't even attractive. He was an arrogant slob.
A hot tear slid down her cheek but she quickly wiped it away. She missed them. All of them. Even Rip.
Everyone she cared for was out in the world and she was being held here against her will.

At least the beatings had stopped. And now that she had Sneak, the whole situation was a small bit more bearable. They joked and talked and were careful never to mention the topic of their imprisonment. Aurie wondered why Sneak was down here. He didn't seem like a bad person at all. He was warm and kind-hearted with good intentions.

"What are you thinking about?" Sneak asked curiously as he pressed his palm to her cheek in comfort. She nestled towards his hot touch.
"Outside. Home," she sighed tiredly.
"You."
He smirked a little at this.
"Me?" he repeated, looking down at the floor and running his wet tongue over his lips before returning his gaze to her from under his darkened lashes. She'd noticed this to be a habitual routine of his.
"And why would you be doing that?" he asked her.
"Because," she started.
"I don't know anything about you."
"Likewise my fine lady, but being the gentleman that I am, I am willing to go first so ask away and I will answer within reason." he said flashing a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ends awkwardly but only because I ran out of space which means what? I get to post another chapter following this one immediately! :) I am 2 readers away from three figures. Can you believe that? Awesomeness :) Is it greedy to say I want those other two for that magic one hundred? xD
Anyway, thanks for the comments over the last few chapters they always boost my mood and it's pretty nice :) This is somewhat fillerish but any thoughts you have would be just lovely :) 28 coming soon! We're nearing 30... and we're not even close to finishing ;D