Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 28

"Why are you here?" Aurie asked Sneak timidly.
Sneak's expression remained amused but his eyes hardened.
"I'm a man of many mysteries Aurie." he answered, pinching her nose between his fingers and causing her to scrunch up her face.
"Let's not reveal all of them tonight."
Aurie pouted and grabbed the bars, pressing her face against them.
"Fine. Well then how did you get your name?"
He grinned broadly.
"I'm good at finding out things, looking where people don't want me to be looking. I guess I'm a detective, of a sort. And so people started calling me Sneak, and it stuck."
"Hm." she mused.
"What do you mean hm?" Sneak questioned her.
"I don't mean anything."
"Yes you do, you mean something. It's a funny story why would you say hm?"
"It's not a funny story." she giggled.
"Yes it is, you're laughing. I'm a bad boy so I got a bad boy name it's sort of funny."
"Firstly I'm laughing at you, not with you, and secondly, it isn't funny, and thirdly, you're not a bad boy Sneak." she giggled even harder.
"I am too! I can be bad!" he almost whined. Sneak pushed himself off the floor and came to level with her at the bars. He grasped the iron above where her hands rested and came eye to eye with Aurie.
"You don't know me Aureole." he whispered huskily. Her giggles faded but a ghostly smile still hung on her lips.
"You don't know what I can do." he continued, sliding his warm hands down to cover her cold delicate ones.
"You don't know what I have done."
He was inches from her now, and his hot breath mingled with her cold breath steamily. Silence enveloped them as they panted, leaving the gap between them linger. Sneak licked his lips almost hungrily and Aurie blinked, tugging her hands out from under his. She settled back onto the floor, her feet curled up to the side. Sneak followed suit opposite her, picking up his abandoned flame and letting it wane to a tiny glowing spark.

"Why are you here?" Sneak whispered into the darkness, breaking the silence. Aurie didn't like when her own words were thrown at her but she was too weary to play tough.
"I discovered one of their secrets." she answered simply, her voice sounded insignificant in the dark, empty room. She paused for a long time before continuing.
"Why are you here?" she tried again.
Sneak hauled in a breath and let it out as he answered.
"Because I did something bad." he breathed, staring at the dull ground.
Aurie bit back an empathetic frown and shuffled closer to the bars again. She slipped a hand through and wove her fingers around Sneak's, playing aimlessly with them. Sneak acknowledged her actions by sighing contently and tracing random patterns on her skin. After a long hour of some meaningless chatter but mostly comfortable silence, the two fell into a deep, unsettled sleep, clutching each other's hand to help them through unwanted dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fill.. Fill.. Filler methinks again. But there's not a lot I can do with Aurie and Sneak at this point :3 Who thinks they're cute? ^,^
Their story will pick up in a few chapters! :)
But it's back to my lovely boys Rip and Sei for the next chapter :) Also if you haven't read the status i've got over 100 readers now! ^^ yay :]