Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 29

Rip Thorne bit his lip nervously as he watched his boyfriend hunch motionless over his dinner. It had been a week since they'd visited Jux, and two since Aurie had first disappeared, and Sei was beginning to show signs of stress, anxiety and fatigue. Rip wasn't sure how they were keeping their findings a secret from their father. Both boys were outwardly nervous and on edge, particularly after their meeting with Jux.
He had agreed to look through his brother's things for some more suspicious looking files.

"Don't worry about me," he had said, dragging a hand across his green hair.
"I'll handle it. We'll crack this thing wide open like a coconut."
He flashed his crooked teeth in a grin.
"Um... yes." said Sei as he bit his lip. He guided the boys to the door and ranted on the way. Rip caught the words "damnation" and "godforsaken" before Jux finished up with "And of course we'll get your friend back too."
They'd kept in contact with him during the past few days and although Rip doubted his sanity, he was their only lead.
Sei glanced around aimlessly and Rip caught his eye and winked. A small smile broke on his face and Rip felt minorly relieved.

Kinly eyed them both over his fork as they ate their meal quietly. They'd been gone away a lot this week and he figured they felt it necessary to give him time to adjust to their relationship. Kinly wished they'd just relax around him. The more natural they acted, the easier it would be for him to get used to it. He spotted Rip wink at Sei and shifted slightly in his seat.
"So how are you boys?"
"Fine." said Rip.
"Good." nodded Sei.
They went back to quiet.
"And how are you two... getting along... together?" he tried.
Sei blushed and Rip dropped his fork and rolled his eyes.
"We're fine Dad. We're happy." Rip shrugged.
Kinly nodded and took a sip of his water to wet his mouth.
"I know that. But if you boys ever want to talk I'll listen. I'm getting comfortable with you now. You can hold hands, I won't be weird about it, go on Rip hold Sei's hand."
Kinly gestured between them with his fork. Rip held his face in his hands while Sei poked his food around silently.
"Please just stop talking." Rip grumbled into his hands.
"I'm just saying if you ever need anything I'm here for you boys. We need to be open about this whole thing. We've got lots to talk about, Rip you never even told me you were gay. Sei honey I figured things out for myself but that's another discussion. Now, most importantly, you boys need to be responsible. You know, safe."
"Jesus Dad!" whined Rip as he pushed himself out of his chair and hurried out of the kitchen.
Sei was a deep shade of crimson and got up gently from his chair and shuffled towards the door.
"Thanks for dinner Kinly." he mumbled apologetically.
Kinly forced a smile.
"Don't mention it."
* * *
The boys heard the distinct 'click' of the front door and instantly relaxed.
"Finally he left." sighed Rip. He rolled over on top of Sei and gave him a deep kiss filled with care. The smaller boy sighed into the kiss.
"Come on," smiled Rip, pulling away. "Grab a coat we're going out."
Sei frowned.
"Where?"
"A date." whispered Rip before placing a small kiss to his forehead.

"I don't know about this." Sei frowned nervously as they pulled up at the beach.
"It'll be fine. You need some time to relax you're too stressed out."
They walked onto the sand and Sei felt the grains disperse beneath his shoes. He glanced up at Rip and grasped his hand. The moonlight reflected eerily off his face. They made their way to their hidden cave once again and Rip produced candles and a lighter from his backpack and filled the cave with a soft glow. Sei beamed at him and they settled together in a blanket at the mouth, watching the moon and the stars. Rip snaked his strong arms around Sei's waist and kissed below his ear softly.
"Thank you for being adorable." he whispered against the delicate skin. Sei shivered pleasantly.
"Thank you for being amazing."
♠ ♠ ♠
30 next :3 It's gon' be major cute and cool I think :D I like Kinly being the awkward father I think he's so endearing xD In other news, I have a week of no school for midterm break! ^^ so hopefully i'll get a good bit of writing done <3