Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 31

Kinly returned home from work the next morning and decided to set things right with his son. Sitting Rip down on the couch, Sei followed like a puppy so he sent him to the local supermarket to have some privacy with his older son.
"See you soon." he mumbled to Rip, giving him a quick hug and placing a small kiss on his cheek. Kinly bit back a grin. All morning the boys had been loved up and he found himself smiling proudly like an idiot.
"What is it Dad?" enquired Rip as the door shut softly.
"I want to talk about you two."
He saw Rip's demeanour change and he hurried to reassure him.
"Don't worry, it's not like last night. I just want to know how this started. You boys sort of threw me into the deep end, I need some help here."
Rip smiled guiltily.
"How about we start with you? Why didn't you tell me you were gay Rip? You knew I wouldn't be angry."
"Honestly I didn't know I was until a few weeks ago. I don't really know how it started, one day I just turned around and there was Sei. He's always been my best friend. And then he just started to morph into something different."
"I'm going to be honest, I never expected you to gay Rip. I had a feeling that Sei was but I just never knew it was for you."
Rip cringed.
"He knew how he felt long before I did. I told myself no. It wouldn't work. But he was so right. He wasn't a girl which really scared me. But he was also my adopted brother. I thought I was crazy. And still I couldn't stop. Dad I was so confused."
Rip glanced at his father with the wide, tear filled eyes of a young boy and Kinly was catapulted nineteen years into the past.

"Rip! Rip come on honey let's go have some yummy cake."
Lily Thorne's voice floated soft and musical in her husband's ears as he watched her carry her son indoors. It was his second birthday and her delicate face was aglow. Kinly thought she looked like an angel. She glanced over her shoulder and flashed her husband a shy smile. His heart melted and he followed his love and his little son inside.
They joined the few smiling family members who had come to celebrate little Rip's birthday. He watched his sister hold her son Kray in her arms, keeping him sat firmly on her knees as he struggled to plunge his hands into the chocolate cake that lay on the table.
Kinly lit the candles and then stood beside his wife, his hand on the small of her back as she rocked a wide eyed Rip in her arms. Their son gazed around curiously as everyone cooed at him and began a chorus of 'happy birthday'.
Rip buried his face in Lily's neck giggling embarrassedly. "Mommy!" he gurgled.
Lily bent over the cake slightly, encouraging a babbling Rip to blow out his candles.
"Make a wish Rippers!" Kinly chuckled.
Lily helped him extinguish the blue flickering candles and the room erupted into a chorus of cheers and claps.
Rip's eyebrows shot up at the sudden noise and he wailed loudly.
"Oh ssh honey! No no no sweetie it's okay." hushed Lily as Rip bawled furiously. Kinly stroked his son's hair and Rip grabbed the air for his father's arms. Lily chuckled lightly as she passed a hiccuping Rip to Kinly. The boy eyed his father tearily and Kinly pressed a kiss to his hair.
"It's okay little man, Daddy's here, everything's okay."


Kinly looked his son straight in the eyes. He saw the confusion reflected back as well as worries for the future. He wanted to be able to make things better like when Rip was a baby. But Rip was an adult now, so he settled for a hug instead.
"I'm never going to judge you son. Now that you have him, don't you let him go."
Rip's eyes pricked at the corners.
"I won't. I love him."
Kinly smiled softly. "He loves you too."
Rip clutched the fabric of his father's shirt in his hand. He admired his father's understanding and ability to accept things that made him happy.
"Mom would be proud." Kinly whispered.
It was no use anymore, tears slipped past Rip's closed eyelids.
"Thanks Dad." he breathed, resting his head on his father's shoulder like a small child and grinning when Kinly replied with "No problem Rippers."
♠ ♠ ♠
D'aaaaaw :3 Baby Rip :3
*News For My Lovely Readers*
I'm thinking of writing a collection of one shots as a spin off from this when it ends, all of which will be fluff and will include the characters from this story but in situations that wouldn't happen within the confines of this plot.
Example 1: A possible chapter in which Sei and Rip meet as young children in the playground and their reaction to each other.
Example 2: A Sneak/Pheonix relationship chapter (as requested repeatedly by Sari xD).
And that's not all folks!
I'm also considering a short, less action and more romance related sequel to this set right after summer when Sei starts at Johnston Academy! The main focus will be how the boys will cope with Sei attending high school for the first time and Rip going off to college, as well as a very sinister and very sexy new boy!


So if I was to get at least three positive responses to those ideas, and assuming I have the time for them, those projects will begin as soon as Water Valkies ends.
So if you're a really freakin awesome person who wants to give me an opinion on those, please leave a comment and I will love you <3
But for now, this will continue! For at least 25-30 more chapters! :]
32 Wednesday at the earliest. Happy Valentine's Day everybody. I hope you all get laid. <3