Dream to Live

Alone.

I woke up, hearing the door shut. I guess Hayley left to talk to her professor, so I was alone. I stood from my bed and stretched before walking out to the kitchen and pouring a bowl of Cap’n Crunch, no milk, and some orange juice in a glass. I walked into the living room and turned on the TV to the Ghost Adventures we had recorded on the DVR.

I have to admit, it was a little creepy watching the show by myself in an unfamiliar house, but I managed. I loved Ghost Adventures, and nothing was keeping me from watching sexy Zak Bagans. After the episode set in Villisca, Iowa, I washed my empty bowl and glass and walked into the bathroom. I took a quick shower before getting dressed in a pair of shorts and a cute shirt. I brushed my teeth, pulled my long hair into a high ponytail, and applied eyeliner and lip gloss.

As I walked across the hallway to my room, I heard a bang against the living room wall and nearly jumped out of my skin. I padded barefoot down the hall and opened the front door. Two guys were laughing at another who had apparently just fallen. I recognized one of the guys, Ahmed. He helped us move in. He was Indian with brown skin and eyes, black hair, and a little on the short side. And he was standing with an absolute cutie; bright blue eyes, short brown hair, tall, muscular…

“Hey Anjilika.” Ahmed said, spotting me as I went to shut the door. I smiled and decided to be social.

“Hey. Y’all scared the shit out of me.” I laughed nervously.

“It was this dumbass’s fault.” He motioned to the guy who was still on the ground. He didn’t seem to be moving.

“Is he alright?” I asked.

“Yeah, he’s just passed out.” Ahmed laughed again. The guy on his left cleared his throat. “Oh this is Colin.”

“Hi, I’m Anjilika.” He stepped over his drunken friend and toward me.

“Pleased to meet you.” He grabbed my hand and shook it.

“You too.” I smiled up at him. He was around 6’5”, nice and tall, like I like ‘em.

“So, we scared you?” He made it a question.

“Yeah, my fault really. I was watching Ghost Adventures alone. Not really smart.” His face lit up.

“You like Ghost Adventures?” He sounded like a little boy and it was adorable.

“Love it.”

“Oh jeez.” Ahmed said.

“My friends give me so much shit, but I think it’s awesome.” He motioned to Ahmed. “This one can’t stand it.”

“Shame on you.” I said to Ahmed and Colin laughed a nice rumble of a sound.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Ahmed said, rolling his eyes. There was a semi-awkward silence before Ahmed spoke again. “I have to get some homework done, so I’ll see you later.” I waved as he closed the door.

“So, are you Ahmed’s roommate?”

“That I am unfortunately.” I chuckled softly.

“That’s cool. So, I have a bunch of Ghost Adventures taped and—” He nodded quickly.

“I’ll let you watch them.” He smiled nervously.

“No, no, no, I was wondering if you wanted to watch them with me.” His smile became sure and widened.

“Oh, sure.”

Cute boy? Check. Scary show? Check. Awesome life? Check.
♠ ♠ ♠
Set.
Comments would be amazing.